Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what in the world  (Read 4339 times)
rovert6

« on: January 05, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

So, I had a buddy write a tune for me, (for which I paid) and he gave me everything I needed to start. Thing is, I hooked up my cable to my car, put it in the run position, plugged the cable into my laptop and this is all I get... I tried every trick in the book; restarted computer, reinstall nefmoto, turn car off/on, run as admin, install drivers, etc.

Please help!  Huh

no matter what I do, nothing pops up. I'm running windows 10, and I have a 2003 Audi A4 B6 1.8 with a 518af ECU that was original to this car.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:41:43 PM »

Wrong cable, clearly.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rovert6

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 07:49:37 AM »

Wrong cable, clearly.

I was told that I can use the KKL 409.1 ebay cable. The guy who wrote my tune uses the exact same cable as the one I have, and he said it works fine for him.

VCDS works fine for me. I am able to connect to the car, and do what I need. But nothing happens on NefMoto.

Possible drivers? I tried to uninstall drivers to it, and install the 2xx drivers to no avail.
dokalanyi

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:35:07 AM »

There are some cables that look similar. Nefmoto needs an FTDI cable. I've bought one with a "CHaser" chip, or something like that before, that worked with VCDS Lite, but not Nefmoto. Make sure the drivers that work for your cable are FTDI
rovert6

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »

There are some cables that look similar. Nefmoto needs an FTDI cable. I've bought one with a "CHaser" chip, or something like that before, that worked with VCDS Lite, but not Nefmoto. Make sure the drivers that work for your cable are FTDI

How can I verify if my cable is FTDI?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »

what does it show up as in device manager?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Mikhail

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 03:52:24 AM »

How can I verify if my cable is FTDI?
Open the cable and read what the chip is written.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:10 AM »

Open the cable and read what the chip is written.

Device manager is significantly easier to deal with.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: