Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Boost drop MED9.1 MK5 GTI  (Read 12828 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 05:54:09 PM »

Then just trash this and buy from someone who knows what they are doing.
Trying to polish their turd will not work. If you can't tune it from scratch then you should not be tuning it period.

There is actually enough info on this forum to get started. But if you are looking for a quick fix, then this is not it.
There's more than just the req boost dropout wrong with that tune.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
mahjohng

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 06:04:51 PM »

I'm not looking for a quick fix, i know its easy to just buy a proper tune. The reason i signed on to this forum is to do something myself, but for someone who just started to learn about ecu tuning it sure is a steep learning curve without previous experience in programing. Wish only i have someone to get me started in the right direction :/ The first time i started reading this forum i didn't understand 10% of the things you were talking about...lol Anyway, thanks for the advice, i appreciate it.

prj

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 06:40:40 AM »

Your first step is to get a stock file.
Then go through the process of adding bit by bit.

Although it will probably take you at least a year or so to get something decent if you have no previous experience.
If this is fine, and you think you would enjoy the process as a hobby, go for it.

If you just want your car to work right, it's easier to pay someone to tune it.
Don't take this as a sales pitch - I have enough work as it is. But I have mapped plenty of these cars.
I am sure other people on this forum have too.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: