Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: Golf R32, how to sort boost fueling..?  (Read 54890 times)
Nick_T

« on: January 11, 2017, 04:34:53 PM »

Im not sure if im allowed to bring up such a old thread, but oh well here goes...

I got a stack of info from this thread now, so im pretty excited about that!

I just did a audi 3.2 vr6 turbo conversion, and now im also in the noob pit for tuning...GT-innovations helped me out with some definitions for my file, and lots of extra info but im still struggling. Way too many grey areas! So  i think i need to give him a break with all my questions and see if i can find some extra help here.

My build thread:

https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=202227&sid=f5020b518155e11d19d63893d2207d04

Anyways im not sure what was going on with regards to the fueling of the R32 in this thread, definitely a mechanical issue. Mine seems to fuel okay at WOT. Stock LAMFA requests 13.2, and thats where it goes and stays. That is actually my first issue and question, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.

Obviously starting with the fueling, i have 550cc injectors running @ 4 bar. So Ive scaled them in via krkte, and did the voltage corrections in TVUB. I also set RLFS map all to 1, as i put a return line on my fuel system. ONLY changing those maps, i wrote the file to the ecu and ran some logs to see what changed. Fueling was a bit spikier but that was it, still hit requested afr's.

Then i went ahead, and only changed my lamfa map, where it was requesting 13.2 afr at full load i changed the values to 11.6 to see if it would actually request those AFR's. Did some logs, it requested 11.6 afr, but the actual afr didnt follow it AT ALL, it dropped the afr's below 10, and was still adding more fuel via STFT's. So now when ever i change my lamfa map, even just by a little bit, my actual afr's get completely lost and the car just dumps fuel.

So from there i decided to see what happens if i try use KFLBTS to fuel under load, just to test what it does. So i set TABGBTS, TKABTS, TIKABTS all to 450 degrees. KFLBTS and KFLBTS2, i set the AFR to 11.6 from 3000 rpm, and load of 90 up. No luck. Still only requesting 13.2 afr Cheesy...Im ready to blow my mind, i cant be struggling with the most simple part of the tuning already! lol

I also logged actual EGT, of which it runs up to 800 degrees, and my actual EGT guage shows around 900 degrees.
Load sits at 120.
Max timing pull of 2 degrees in a 5th gear pull.
injector pulse sits at 7ms.
MAF readings around 270 g/s, and getting maf limit error.

I have a 100mm maf which im going to put on, but for now i want to get the basic fueling strategy working!

Any help will really be appreciated!!

Nick

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »

Im not sure if im allowed to bring up such a old thread, but oh well here goes...

It doesn't even remotely fit into that thread. Split.

Converting an N/A ECU into an FI ECU is not easy. Not even remotely a job for a noob.

Expect to not ever have a car that runs right.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Nick_T

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:32:18 PM »

Thanks for splitting it then, And sorry about that!

Its fine, I will do my best to get it as close to right as i can! I don't really have a choice, as there are no tuners here that can tune my ecu anyway! Im obviously willing to pay a proffessional for the parts that are really above me!

So uhm, any advice as to why my car isn't fueling via KFLBTS? Roll Eyes
Mikhail

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »

Have you put 1 (if I remember correctly) to the map by which corrects the returnless system things (I dont remember what its called).
Nick_T

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:40:25 AM »

Yeah i set all values in RLFS to 1, thanks!
IamwhoIam

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 02:03:25 AM »

Funny how you posted in your other thread about how easy and straightforward it was to turbo your 3.2

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Nick_T

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 02:12:46 AM »

Not sure which post you are refering to, but it wasnt hard at all to turbo it. For a NA to FI conversion it was quite straight forward. The tuning is obviously proving to be another story.
THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 02:28:42 AM »

Funny how you posted in your other thread about how easy and straightforward it was to turbo your 3.2
Don't be intentionally oblivious, he was referring to the mechanical conversion.
prj

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 07:46:41 AM »

Did you convert to single lambda and patch the asm code in the file to allow for it?

I guess not?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Nick_T

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 03:45:50 AM »

Hey man, no i didnt, but my lambdas are situated on opposite ends from eachother. So it doesnt seem to be an issue yet.

I just did a log of my buddies stock 3.2, logs were interesting as it also has the initial drop in afr when initially hitting WOT, but then his afr nicely drops into the 11's, where mine just stays at 13.2 lol

Nick_T

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 03:46:59 AM »

Theres a small update in my build thread with dyno in the link above if you interested in checking it out.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »

Don't be intentionally oblivious, he was referring to the mechanical conversion.

99% of failed builds start and end here.

Somebody says "oh hey, welding on a turbo will be ez", but don't bother to think about what they are going to do about the ECU until it is too late.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Nick_T

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »

Its fine, i will get there in time. Anychance you can reply with a bit of help? Specifically, why i cant get my car to fuel via lambts? Ive got my loads a lot more in check, just need to clean up my timing. I just really need help with the fueling. Please.
THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 10:49:17 AM »

99% of failed builds start and end here.

Somebody says "oh hey, welding on a turbo will be ez", but don't bother to think about what they are going to do about the ECU until it is too late.
I agree with you, I was pointing out that Nick mentioning the conversion was easy was referring to the mechanical aspect.  Clearly he doesn't think the tuning is easy.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »

Any fueling at much over 100% load conditions is going to be problematic, since the ECU fueling path isn't designed for it.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: