Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nefmoto software with the new VCDS Hex-Net Interface  (Read 8549 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: January 13, 2017, 11:24:13 AM »

Has anyone successfully gotten these two to work together yet? The hex-net does not show up in the devices bar in Nefmoto software. I plan to dive in later tonight to see if it's possible, but figured I'd check here first. Thanks!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Zenerdiode

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »

I don't think it ever will, I'm afraid. You can use a HEX-USB+CAN because you set it to boot in 'dumb' mode, then use Virtual Com Port drivers and the interface effecively becomes an RS232<>K-Line passthrough. However, all of the K-Line and CAN comms are directly handled inside the HEX-NET - with only propriety comms between the interface and computer. There is also no option to set it into dumb mode.

Keep a hold of your old HEX-USB+CAN. I use one and it works flawlessly with NefMoto and ArgDub's ME7 EEPROM tool. Smiley
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »

I don't think it ever will, I'm afraid. You can use a HEX-USB+CAN because you set it to boot in 'dumb' mode, then use Virtual Com Port drivers and the interface effecively becomes an RS232<>K-Line passthrough. However, all of the K-Line and CAN comms are directly handled inside the HEX-NET - with only propriety comms between the interface and computer. There is also no option to set it into dumb mode.

Keep a hold of your old HEX-USB+CAN. I use one and it works flawlessly with NefMoto and ArgDub's ME7 EEPROM tool. Smiley

I was always able to use the HEX-USB-CAN cable in dumb mode (with Nef), but without having to do the virtual com port stuff. Unfortunately I already sent the old cable back for the credit they give you towards the new cable. I have other cables that still work with Nef and arg + many others, but the VCDS cable was better for sure. I will remain hopeful that a solution can be found. My old VCDS cable was not able to comm with the newest cars (namely the clusters) and I would expect it to get worse over time.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Zenerdiode

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »

I was always able to use the HEX-USB-CAN cable in dumb mode (with Nef), but without having to do the virtual com port stuff.

Sorry, I meant I use VCP with ME7 EEPROM. I too can use NefMoto with direct drivers.

I was an early adopter of the new HEX-NET, but took the hit on not trading up my old HEX-USB+CAN for exactly the usefulness that you mentioned.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 06:11:27 PM »

I questioned myself about this as well, but mostly I would like it for logging wireless. have you tested me7l with it yet?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: