Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Almost bricked my MED9.1  (Read 5449 times)
mahjohng

« on: January 14, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »

Id just like to share my tonight experience with you guys. I was just writing my new flash when my laptop just died in the middle of writing. I was sure for a moment i bricked it. Very stupid mistake it was, battery on my laptop was almost dead and i started flashing without plugging it to AC. Anyway, engine fans went off and it wouldn't connect to ecu after that. My car battery also wasn't greatest so the fans got it down to under 12V and my charger could supply only 4 amps which obviously wasnt enough. For anyone wondering, the relay for the fans is in the engine compartment fuse box, marked wit the big number 100. Unplugged it and the voltage went back up. Thanks to MPPS managed to flash again. All good now. I am a noob and i know it, but that was so stressful for me...

littco

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 05:21:51 AM »

Id just like to share my tonight experience with you guys. I was just writing my new flash when my laptop just died in the middle of writing. I was sure for a moment i bricked it. Very stupid mistake it was, battery on my laptop was almost dead and i started flashing without plugging it to AC. Anyway, engine fans went off and it wouldn't connect to ecu after that. My car battery also wasn't greatest so the fans got it down to under 12V and my charger could supply only 4 amps which obviously wasnt enough. For anyone wondering, the relay for the fans is in the engine compartment fuse box, marked wit the big number 100. Unplugged it and the voltage went back up. Thanks to MPPS managed to flash again. All good now. I am a noob and i know it, but that was so stressful for me...

As long as you don't actually try and start the car then a crash half way through will be recoverable. It's when you start it and it fails the bricking will occur. .

mahjohng

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »

Nice to know that.

prj

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:14:34 AM »

MED9 is unbrickable if you use correct protocol. MPPS doesn't.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
dera

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »

MED9 always boots into BL if any of the blocks flashed are 40'd or if checksum isn't correct on the binary. The only way to brick it is to flash a valid but corrupt file that would boot the FP.

overspeed

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 07:27:45 AM »

What I did one time  Grin

Nor Kess, MPPS, FGTech would recover, only BDM and everything was fine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: