Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Golf GTI 06A906032DR ECU question  (Read 9469 times)
ibanezgomez

« on: January 16, 2017, 01:36:13 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have a Golf IV 1.8T AUM (2001) whit stage 1 with a ECU 06A906032DR whit codding 0002 (seen with VCDS).

Well because the car I do not like how it works and I do not have the original reading of my switchboard I decided to get a second hand ECU with the same reference to exchange it with the original software.

Thanks to a friend I got a 06A906032DR but the coding is 0003.

So my questions are:

What is the difference between software 0002 and 0003?
The hardware of the 2 ECUs are the same?
Could you use the ECU with 0003 in my car or should I change the software for the 0002 in the "new" ECU?

At the moment I mounted a flashing bench but I can not connect to Nefmoto with a VCDS cable 12.12, I get the message "Failed to read test from FTDI device" but I tried to read it in the bank with VCDS and there was no problem. I have to continue testing if the problem is my configuration or the cable.

Thanks, greetings

aef

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 03:34:23 AM »

Do you know this: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title=

0002 and 0003 is the vag software revision. 0003 should have some minor changes.
Check the internet, maybe you will find a 0004 Smiley
gt-innovation

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:17:09 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have a Golf IV 1.8T AUM (2001) whit stage 1 with a ECU 06A906032DR whit codding 0002 (seen with VCDS).

Well because the car I do not like how it works and I do not have the original reading of my switchboard I decided to get a second hand ECU with the same reference to exchange it with the original software.

Thanks to a friend I got a 06A906032DR but the coding is 0003.

So my questions are:

What is the difference between software 0002 and 0003?
The hardware of the 2 ECUs are the same?
Could you use the ECU with 0003 in my car or should I change the software for the 0002 in the "new" ECU?

At the moment I mounted a flashing bench but I can not connect to Nefmoto with a VCDS cable 12.12, I get the message "Failed to read test from FTDI device" but I tried to read it in the bank with VCDS and there was no problem. I have to continue testing if the problem is my configuration or the cable.

Thanks, greetings

There are no hardware differences so you can use your eeprom and flash pair.

as for the flasher it should be a good idea to get a proper one as since you are new to this boot mode will be soon needed.
ibanezgomez

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »

Thanks for your answers, I understand that I can flash the 2 ECUs with the same software because the 2 have the same hardware.

But, (I assume the "new" ECU has stock software) Can I mount the new ECU with soft. coding 0003 in my car without modifying anything to get back the stock software? Although the car originally had the 0002 soft. coding.

I have read the guides of the forum and I do not know what problem I have in my test bench / cable, the cable has the FT_DEVICE_232R chip that should be compatible but it seems that in the VCDS I can not put the chip in Dumb mode. I am using the Ross Tech Drivers VCP. I will try to whith another wires ...

as for the flasher it should be a good idea to get a proper one as since you are new to this boot mode will be soon needed.

Can I lock the ECU only trying the connection???

Thanks

aef

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 07:40:07 AM »

Can I lock the ECU only trying the connection???
no you cant, only if writing fails

so swap one ecu with another you have to match the immo data in the new ecu

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »

its not a soft coding
y not flash in a car with OBD ? you dont need bootmode for that
y not simply replace ecu if you has a spare one? (immo2 ok here)
y not get a logs etc? mb hardware fail tho
ibanezgomez

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 03:23:25 PM »

its not a soft coding

Sorry, sofware revision  Smiley

y not flash in a car with OBD ? you dont need bootmode for that

Because I have not been able to run any cable with Nefmoto, it is more comfortable to do tests on the bench. Later on I will do it through OBD, but at the moment I am very noob.

y not simply replace ecu if you has a spare one? (immo2 ok here)

That is the reason why I started this topic. The 0002 and 0003 are interchangeable without any modification in the car?

The car is INMO2 (although the picture has been changed by an INMO3) it may be necessary to code the keys with VCDS or VagTacho.

y not get a logs etc? mb hardware fail tho

Maybe the fault is some component in the car, I have done some logs:

But I can not figure out what the problem is.

Thank you

PS: Thanks for the definition of the ECU 06A906032DR Smiley

aef

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »

Well because the car I do not like how it works

have a look at your intake air temperature, you are hitting 60degree and ecu decides to reduce everything
ignition retard, injectors nearly maxed...

where do you live? what temperatur when you were logging?
ibanezgomez

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 02:05:43 AM »

have a look at your intake air temperature, you are hitting 60degree and ecu decides to reduce everything
ignition retard, injectors nearly maxed...

where do you live? what temperatur when you were logging?

I live in Spain, the logs are made at 18ÂșC and 95oct, the car is full stock whit any mods. The intake temperature is usually high in a Golf IV with original IC, the position and size are not the best ...

I think the coils could be failing or the MAF although it could also be something else like a bad state of the turbo, the car has 170k.

Thanks

adam-

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 03:04:11 AM »

You are requesting a lot of boost for a stock motor.  Intake temp is too high.  You get leaner as RPM climbs. 

Request less boost, add more fuel, lower AIT with an FMIC and reduce timing.
ibanezgomez

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 04:15:56 AM »

You are requesting a lot of boost for a stock motor.  Intake temp is too high.  You get leaner as RPM climbs. 

Request less boost, add more fuel, lower AIT with an FMIC and reduce timing.

Hi adam, I have not done the remmap, that's why I want to return it to the stock soft. and learn to do it myself.

I follow your car in uk-mkivs and it's amazing!

adam-

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 05:38:11 AM »

You could start fresh with an original file or edit what is already there.  I like starting again so you know it's all you.

Follow the Stage 1/2 files for guidance. Smiley Thanks man!  How did you know it was me? Smiley
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »

swap ecus (yes theyre fully interchangeable)
goto ecu-adaptation-00-ok and same with the cluster
thats all you need with immo2 ecu swap

as for your logs
no sense to maxing out k03 turbo with ~5 deg timing
tiny flamethrower Smiley
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 02:51:04 AM »

You can flash 0003 to your 0002 ecu, this is what the dealer would have done if it came in for regular service. Its just an update of the ecu software. Then if you adapt immo you can use both ecu's at all times, handy to keep a spare ecu when flashing with low battery etc  Roll Eyes

ibanezgomez

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 05:22:33 AM »

You could start fresh with an original file or edit what is already there.  I like starting again so you know it's all you.

Follow the Stage 1/2 files for guidance. Smiley Thanks man!  How did you know it was me? Smiley

Yes, I think it's the best way to start to learn well. Start with an original file and compare with other custom. Do you know where I could check out custom and valid software with my 06906032DR?

I recognized you by nick! In uk-mkivs I asked you how to adapt the case of Passat and take off the glass, I have almost finished mine Smiley

Thanks Adam!

swap ecus (yes theyre fully interchangeable)
goto ecu-adaptation-00-ok and same with the cluster
thats all you need with immo2 ecu swap

as for your logs
no sense to maxing out k03 turbo with ~5 deg timing
tiny flamethrower Smiley

This:

ecu-adaptation-00-ok

Is to reset the ECU right?

Do I need to encode the keys again with the cluster?

I hope to understand soon that it means that the K03S is maxing out k03 turbo with ~5 deg timing.

You can flash 0003 to your 0002 ecu, this is what the dealer would have done if it came in for regular service. Its just an update of the ecu software. Then if you adapt immo you can use both ecu's at all times, handy to keep a spare ecu when flashing with low battery etc  Roll Eyes

Thanks! But I have INMO2 think is not necesary adapt the INMO. I think if I change one ecu for another I should be able to drive the car.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: