Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 01.5 S4 Pulling Timing(10deg sometimes) Under Load Only holding 15 PSI 91 Octane  (Read 10977 times)
AustinLee

I havent posted on here in awhile. Was having some boost issues so i did some data logging after swapping my N75. Boost seems ok; however ever since ive had the car, it seems to have alot of knock, and timing pull. Any ideas as to what might be the cause?
Sometimes Pulling 10 degrees..

Brand new coils
BRKE's gapped at .024
15 PSI peak according to the data
91 Octane Fuel
IAT's are super low, 0-5C? it was really cold outside when i took this file.
Boost Leak tested to 18 PSI no issues

It feels very smooth, It used to peak at 18PSI when i had the old N75, but it was shot. Boost would sweep all over. Now it peaks and holds pretty much at 15.

Ive also reasearched quite a bit and am wondering what normal knock values should be? Max of 20v?15v? 30v?

Some people also say if your car is puling timing its fine as long as its not too much, i know the ECU cant pull more than 12 deg, but sometimes mine pulls 10 so im a little worried. From what ive read peoples stock cars pull 3-4 sometimes?

Im currently trying to upload the data but its not letting me. I will in the first response.

Thanks for all the responses!
AustinLee

File attached.. I dont get why i had to trim the files data all the way down to 792 kb....? i thought the limit was 29000.
nyet
Administrator

Your wgdc makes zero sense. Who's tune is this?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

you must have coded ecuxplot to deal with these log files that were imported into excel and resaved.   

OP, please post a raw log from ME7L.  Do not open and save in excel, it completely fucks the CSV format. 
nyet
Administrator

I don't even know where to begin with this :/

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AustinLee

Supposedly it was a GIAC tune? I have the ECU file i pulled from my car. Would i be able to tell if it was from GIAC by looking at it? Is there something special that they do to denote anything? Or is it just up in the air whos tune it is?
AustinLee

you must have coded ecuxplot to deal with these log files that were imported into excel and resaved.   

OP, please post a raw log from ME7L.  Do not open and save in excel, it completely fucks the CSV format. 

When i attempt to attach the original file it wont let me post with the attachment. I cut the file size in half, and it still wont let me post with the attachment. The original file is only 10 mb, so im not sure what the issue is? Any idea what the issue might be with this?
nyet
Administrator

Supposedly it was a GIAC tune? I have the ECU file i pulled from my car. Would i be able to tell if it was from GIAC by looking at it? Is there something special that they do to denote anything? Or is it just up in the air whos tune it is?

Makes sense. There is literally nothing you can do if your car is mechanically sound.

No point in further logging.

When i attempt to attach the original file it wont let me post with the attachment. I cut the file size in half, and it still wont let me post with the attachment. The original file is only 10 mb, so im not sure what the issue is? Any idea what the issue might be with this?

There is an attachment size limit.

zip the file before uploading.

ECUx Plot

AustinLee

Makes sense. There is literally nothing you can do if your car is mechanically sound.

No point in further logging.

There is an attachment size limit.

zip the file before uploading.

Thanks for the tip! I have zipped it. It is now attached.

What did you mean by "No point in further logging?" Sorry if its obvious, im just not catching on?
AustinLee

I don't even know where to begin with this :/

Can you take a picture of your filter settings? I cant get mine to look like this...

Thanks,
Austin
nyet
Administrator

Thanks for the tip! I have zipped it. It is now attached.

What did you mean by "No point in further logging?" Sorry if its obvious, im just not catching on?

Just saying it isn't as if you can alter the tune.

Filter settings:

minimum rpm range of run: 3500 (ignore short pulls)
minimum throttle: 20 (ignore throttle cut)

ECUx Plot

AustinLee

Just saying it isn't as if you can alter the tune.

Filter settings:

minimum rpm range of run: 3500 (ignore short pulls)
minimum throttle: 20 (ignore throttle cut)

I gotcha. Yeah I do need to work on the tune. Ok though, i know i should just start with an mbox tune and go from there but id like to start with what i have already. Ive been told that if it indeed does have a GIAC tune on it everything is jumbled when i read the ECU and i wont be able to tune it correctly? This is to protect their tune from being stolen of course. How do i make sure i dont have a GIAC tune on it?

Thanks!
nyet
Administrator

Either way you will want to start from stock...

ECUx Plot

AustinLee

Either way you will want to start from stock...

Ok say i didnt want to tune it. What do you think my current issue is with the car? With it pulling timing? I cant seem to figure out why its pulling timing?
nyet
Administrator

GIAC is designed to work that way so if you use good gas, you get more power.

Your bigger problem is the throttle cut...

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: