Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Simple diagnostic adaptor for KWP2000.  (Read 11842 times)
jasnm

« on: January 18, 2017, 01:43:06 PM »

Having spent many hours decoding TP2.0 and KWP2000 I built simple diagnostic adaptor using a UDOO Neo to prove it works. Video https://youtu.be/FR6Yilzh6vE and more info on the blog http://jas-hacks.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/imx6sx-prototype-vw-vag-vehicle.html.
royce5950

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:29:22 PM »

When I open nefmoto to connect to my 01 jetta it transfers to kwp2000 session automatically and I'm using an ftdi based dongle (FT232RL) works great with vag-com VCDS Lite: full registered version as well.

Were you having troubles getting a cable to work for just diagnostics? I would imagine you were likely just either using the USB setting in your diagnostic program and you didn't have the right driver for your chip, and if you were using com port you likely didn't have your com port confgiured properly in device manager.

Regardless glad you got your interface working!!  Smiley

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
jasnm

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 11:32:44 AM »

When I open nefmoto to connect to my 01 jetta it transfers to kwp2000 session automatically and I'm using an ftdi based dongle (FT232RL) works great with vag-com VCDS Lite: full registered version as well.

Were you having troubles getting a cable to work for just diagnostics? I would imagine you were likely just either using the USB setting in your diagnostic program and you didn't have the right driver for your chip, and if you were using com port you likely didn't have your com port confgiured properly in device manager.

Regardless glad you got your interface working!!  Smiley

I'm not using ftdi as the interface is CAN so I wired up my own cable to the MCU.
prj

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:38:54 PM »

Develop all that, and still not able to spell OBD II correctly.

Sorry, just had to say it Tongue

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jasnm

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 02:06:04 PM »

Develop all that, and still not able to spell OBD II correctly.

Sorry, just had to say it Tongue

Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: