Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unable to get into boot mode with Galletto cable or Hex-Can  (Read 4335 times)
Zephyr

« on: January 24, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »

I'm a long time lurker that finally found the time and spare ECU (06A906032SK) to tinker with. I've got a legit Hex-Can cable as well as a Galletto 1260 and assembled a bench flash harness. Being that the immobilizer wont let me read the stock flash I've been trying to do an immo defeat so I an proceed with tinkering. I have been successful reading the 95040 chip using the Hex-Can cable and Argdubs tool in OBD mode and then using Turboats tool to turn the immo off. Now in order to flash the file I need to get my ECU into boot mode using the Galletto and for whatever reason I cant seem to get it to work. The ground is connected to the ground side of the power supply and then I short pin 24 while turning the supply on and run the command in argdubs tool to write and this is what I get

C:\Documents and Settings\Zephyr\My Documents\Downloads\me7_95040_v1.31>me7_95040 --bootmode -wp4 06A906032SK_95040_IMMO_OFF.bin
Ver: 1.31
Com Port: 4
Baud Rate:10400
Opening Com4 ... OK
Starting Boot_mode ... FAIL ... No response from ECU. (error=0x07)
Closing Com4

I've tried grounding for a couple seconds as well as 10 and everywhere in between with both cables and the only difference in the command is the com port is changed. I have to be doing something wrong but not sure what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zephyr

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »

It turns out it was the Galletto cable being faulty - I ordered a second one and it worked just fine without any changes to the command. Was able to dump and compare the dumps in an attempt to verify file integrity both types of dumps were identical and I was able to clone a known good computer and the vehicle started up just fine. Now that I have a good tester computer I can tinker more this weekend.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »

Thanks for updating your post. What made you believe it was a faulty cable?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Zephyr

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:31:45 AM »

Thanks for updating your post. What made you believe it was a faulty cable?

To be honest it was really process of elimination, at first my bench harness was soldered together so re-did it checking everything. I got the same result so then I ran it on a breadboard and checked voltage and grounds with my bench top power supply. Given that the harness itself was good I began thinking about the gounding wire. I tried using the boot pin ground wire directly connected to my power supply and soldered to the ground strip along the perimeter of the PCB and kept getting the same result. The only other things were all three ECUs (2.0, VR6, and 1.8t) were somehow messed up or the cable was faulty. I was still able to communicate with them on Nefmoto to get the ECU info and DTCs so I figured they were still good to go, atleast enough for communication. This left the cable as the final fault point, I had it sitting around for a few years and never used it so figured it would be well worth the cost of replacement in the event that the newer cable worked.
cpp

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 01:30:53 PM »

the same happens to me!
I have a cable that stayed stuck for years, when I went to use again it did not work.
As I installed on a new pc I distrusted a driver or something.
But even returned and capturing the driver that came in the mini cd, nothing would.
I lost a lot of time with it trying to boot mode on a 06a906032hp, at last I ended up removing the memory and writing directly to it.
When I made the car run I went to test the damn gallet and found that I could not boot mode because it was not working. It does not connect to the ECU and did not give any messages. Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: