Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7 inertia switch for fuel pump?  (Read 5755 times)
hopsis

« on: February 04, 2017, 10:17:22 AM »

Does anyone know if ME7 has some sort of inertia switch for fuel pump? I know there isn't a physical switch like on some Fords but maybe through ESP sensors?

We do some amount of snow/ice driving here and I've had my C5 stall many times after spinning or going backwards. Mind You, the situations have been something like 6000rpm with 2nd gear and all wheels spinning with no traction. I can go around in circles all day with no problem but trying some high speed 360 or 720 degree manouvers usually result in engine shutoff. Afterwards I have to crank the starter for ~20 seconds for the engine to start again.

Is it possibly a software thing? And if so, can anything be done to circumvent it. I've lost control of the car many times on ice track just because the engine has stalled and left me with no choice but to slam the brakes and hope that the snowbanks aren't too hard. Of course it might also be fuel starvation if the tank is not full enough. The later I can easily correct by filling up before, the first one... Well I'm thinking a jumper wire in place of fuel pump relay.

Any comments? The car is a '00 S6 6MT.
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »

It's the stock fueling setup, not a crash sensor.
You need to have better baffling in the fuel tank. Or possibly something is damaged there.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 08:52:19 PM »

It's the stock fueling setup, not a crash sensor.
You need to have better baffling in the fuel tank. Or possibly something is damaged there.
like prj said your gas is sloshing to one side of the tank and its starving the pump and sucking air. try it on a full tank

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
hopsis

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »

Thank You. That is good to know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: