Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help, I think I messed up...  (Read 5111 times)
AttilaTheHun

« on: February 07, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

Hi, so this being my first post here apart from the introduction, don't go too hard on me please   Wink

Anyways let me get to the situation at hand:

Several days ago my audi a8 d2 3.7 litre + lpg was doing just fine... I parked it on the mall parking lot, turned it off, got out, came back, put the key in the igniton, turned it to ignition, the dreaded key light started flashing. Took the key out, turned it 180 degrees, tried again, still flashing. Tried to start it, standard immo procedure - ran for half a minute and turned off. Tried several more start attempts, no-go.
So I went to search for remedy, found this forum, (by the way the amount of stuff here is awe-inspiring, don't know how I missed it before?) and started reading and searching.
Needless to say, i found a ton of usefull stuff, but its all still bunch of info that im still only putting into right context. So, i have an ELM 327 OBDII cable, and decided to give it a go.

First after reading all that I found about the immo and eeprom on several posts, i went to my car, plugged in the obd, turned the key in the ignition to on, and opened the cmd, folowed the instructions on how to read the eeprom using the me7-eeprom-1.40 (not really knowing what to do, try-fail-try again something different method), and got the 'initiating communication... FAIL (error=0x21007)', after it opened com port ok.  So, i know the cable can read some data on several cars, but I didnt do this part :

'- If you are using a KKL lead, download D2xx drivers from here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm'
(from the guide)

After several attempts of changing the baud rate and retrys, i decided to try the bootmode command line but with -r (read) parameter instead of -w (write).
To my 'amazement' it produced almost the same 'check cable' error after it prompted the 'starting boot mode - FAIL - no echo, check cable . (error=0x20B07)'.
So then not knowing what to do, i took the key out of ignition, put it back in, turned it and voilá! - immo is ok??? how? why? I mean, i really didnt establish any communication with eeprombecause of (i think) the cable?
Anyways, the engine starts, runs, but wery badly all off a sudden, shakes like hell, dies if i try to depress the gas pedal or put it in drive....

So im at a loss here, dont know if and what i messed up now, dont really know how to check error codes if it finds any through the ELM327 OBD2 cable, dont know how to check if i fried the ECU somehow...
Also, I wanted to ask - is bootmode on this type of ECU (gotta check the number?) only achievable by shorting the pin 24 (afraid to not really comprehend the instructions and doing more damage) or is it possible to do it over the OBD cable? I dont really understand this part. I think I understood it only works over some OBD cables and only on some of the ECU-s?

And another thing, while im at it, are there any .bin files and would a 'stock' flash (if there is a 'virgin' ecu file here) be recommended in this situation? Because i dont know if i messed the values somehow on the eeprom...

Please anyone any suggestions?
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »

By using the tool over OBD you could not have caused any damage to the ECU.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
AttilaTheHun

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:43:18 AM »

By using the tool over OBD you could not have caused any damage to the ECU.

Thanks, at least one cause of the engine behaviour put aside. So the irratic engine running, shaking and stalling after gas pedal depress is probably related to several attempts of mine to start the engine over and over again when the immo was on? anybody knows what i should do next to verify what the problem is?

I'm also gonna try to read if there are any codes using the nefmoto tool... Hope i find something. The car is still on the parking lot...  Sad
AttilaTheHun

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:12:49 AM »

so, the ecu is 4d0 907 558 c
bosch 0 261 204 762

while i was searching for how to find eeprom chip and what is the number on it, i saw that this ecu is different than the one(s) in the instructions on how to use the software and flashing tools, also i can't find the eeprom anywhere.
Still havent been able to keep the engine running, car wont even start anymore. It cranks and dosent turn over. Still on the parking lot...  Sad

Saw several posts about ELM327 cables, can someone verify they work with nefmoto software and VCDS lite?

so here are pics of the ecu, can anyone point me to the eeprom and what i should do/use to acces it? Maybe im using the tools incorrectly? btw, nefmoto dosent even recognise the elm327 cable... dosent show up on the dropdown menu...
AttilaTheHun

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 05:15:34 AM »

so here they are
AttilaTheHun

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 05:23:15 AM »

sorry for posting it in 3 different posts, but if i try them all at once, som server error pops out
AARDQ

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »

ELM won't work, at least not with nefmoto; http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=325.0

EEPROM is on the back.  It's the SOIC 8 94040 or 5p08c3.  

Immo is still activated and you are hoping to go immo-off?  The stickies are at the top of this section.  Unfortunately, a lot of reading involved.  You'll need the main processor (C167) in boot mode to write.  Or get a GQ3x and test clip to fit (again, SOIC 8, on the back of the board) from Mediamall and go that route.  There are several threads; here's one:  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2269.0

LPG conversion makes things more challenging; who did the conversion?
prj

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »

ELM won't work, at least not with nefmoto; http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=325.0

EEPROM is on the back.  It's the SOIC 8 94040 or 5p08c3.  

Immo is still activated and you are hoping to go immo-off?  The stickies are at the top of this section.  Unfortunately, a lot of reading involved.  You'll need the main processor (C167) in boot mode to write.  Or get a GQ3x and test clip to fit (again, SOIC 8, on the back of the board) from Mediamall and go that route.  There are several threads; here's one:  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2269.0

LPG conversion makes things more challenging; who did the conversion?

OI!!!

This is a M5.x ECU with a 80196 uC.
Forget bootmode, it's probably not even flashable. And the eeprom needs to be desoldered.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
AARDQ

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »

Oh wow, thought it was 7.1.1.  That must have been the other guy I was conversing with...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: