Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.  (Read 8082 times)
QuattroVAG

Hello,

I've spent a lot of time the past couple days going through the guides to set everything up without having to ask any "noob" questions. But I am now a bit stuck. I cannot get NefMoto to read my ECU while in the car. I am using the suggested "ME7 29F800BB.MemoryLayout.xml" memory layout file. Aside from bumping up the ignition timing with Lemmiwinks this ECU is totally stock. My car is a 2005 A4 3.0. I am using a decent FT232R cable that works perfectly with the ECU in my E46 BMW.

Here is the log from NefMoto. Note I read the basic ECU info and DTC's before attempting a full read so you have all the hardware info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Validated FTDI device is in dumb mode.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading all ECU info.
Starting diagnostic session.
Unable to properly start diagnostic session, attempting to continue with current undefined session.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
0% complete.
20% complete.
40% complete.
60% complete.
80% complete.
100% complete.
Read 5 ECU info entries:
   0x92, System Supplier ECU Hardware Number: 0261208559
   0x94, System Supplier ECU Software Number: 1037371758
   0x91, Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Hardware Number: 0x0D, 8E0909059A  , 0xFF
   0x9B, Calibration Date: 8E1909559B  , 0030, 0x0300358F, 0x07302B78, 0x203C, 3.0L V6/5V     ,  G02
   0x9C, Calibration Equiment Software Number: 0x02000000
Restoring Windows sleep mode.
Reading all ECU DTCs.
Unable to properly start diagnostic session, attempting to continue with current undefined session.
Read 1 of 1 DTCs.
DTC: P0562 Status: 0x22 Decoding not licensed
Reading all ECU DTCs succeeded.
100% complete.
Starting saving of info.
Successfully saved info to file.
Reading ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »

Please don't crap into other people's threads. This is your only warning.

Split, changed topic, and moved to noob forum.

In particular, at least take a glance at the new topic, and maybe read a few stickies before posting again.

In particular

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=11052.0title=
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:48:17 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
QuattroVAG

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »

I sincerely apologize Nyet, I didn't mean to mess up the original thread I posted in- I just figured since that is the only thread related to my engine it would have been appropriate.

My ECU does not have aftermarket software. Immobilizer shouldn't be an issue as I'm only working with the original ECU. I will attempt to read again with a newer battery in the car.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

My ECU does not have aftermarket software.

If it were stock you would not get that error. Boot mode read the file and post it... Willing to bet it isn't stock.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AARDQ

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:45:39 PM »

I actually got that exact error trying to read my bone stock RS6 with nefmoto.  MPPS clone works, though.  I've always assumed it's an ST10 thing.
QuattroVAG

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »

If it were stock you would not get that error. Boot mode read the file and post it... Willing to bet it isn't stock.

I would be shocked if it wasn't stock. I'm the second owner- the original was a middle aged woman. I've seen in a couple different threads people get this error with a stock ECU.

I tried using a different battery with a charger at 10amps. I also tried disabling/enabling different combinations of the checkboxes "Security Use Extended Seed Request" and "Security Support Special Key" in the NefMoto Utility as suggested in a different thread. I removed my Lemmiwinks tweaks and tried all the different baud rates. Still have not had any success.

I downloaded Galletto and patched the serial number of my cable into the .exe. I am not ready to start shorting pins yet, especially with the ECU in the car. I want to try reading the ECU with Galleto without using boot mode (select ECU under Benzina menu). Is there any benefit to attempting this over the NefMoto flashing utility? How would I identify if I have a 7.1 or 7.1.1 ECU version?

Perhaps this ECU can only be flashed on a bench? In the tune thread for this engine I didn't see anyone mention anything about flashing the tune in the car. Most people used a second ECU they would swap

Thanks for the tip AARDQ - I acquired MPPS but unfortunately it refuses to run in VmWare.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:44:32 PM by QuattroVAG » Logged
QuattroVAG

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 05:54:02 PM »

I would be shocked if it wasn't stock. I'm the second owner- the original was a middle aged woman. I've seen in a couple different threads people get this error with a stock ECU.

I tried using a different battery with a charger at 10amps. I also tried disabling/enabling different combinations of the checkboxes "Security Use Extended Seed Request" and "Security Support Special Key" in the NefMoto Utility as suggested in a different thread. I removed my Lemmiwinks tweaks and tried all the different baud rates. Still have not had any success.

I acquired Galletto and made the needed hex edit to the .exe. I am not ready to start shorting pins yet, especially with the ECU in the car. I want to try reading the ECU with Galleto without using boot mode (select ECU under Benzina menu). Is there any benefit to attempting this over the NefMoto flashing utility? How would I identify if I have a 7.1 or 7.1.1 ECU version? Is there any risk in trying both?

Perhaps this ECU can only be flashed on a bench? In the tune thread for this engine I didn't see anyone mention anything about flashing the tune in the car. Most people used a second ECU they would swap.

I actually got that exact error trying to read my bone stock RS6 with nefmoto.  MPPS clone works, though.  I've always assumed it's an ST10 thing.
Thanks for the tip AARDQ - I acquired MPPS but unfortunately it doesn't allow itself to be ran in VmWare. I may be able to get it to work though. Do you use it instead of Nefmoto for reading and writing .bin files?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 05:56:32 PM »

I've always assumed it's an ST10 thing.

Yes, NEF does not support ST10, that would most definitely explain it.

ECUx Plot

hopsis

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 10:30:14 PM »

Thanks for the tip AARDQ - I acquired MPPS but unfortunately it doesn't allow itself to be ran in VmWare. I may be able to get it to work though. Do you use it instead of Nefmoto for reading and writing .bin files?

Cannot help with the original problem but maybe Vmware can be setup so that it does not shout out that it's a virtual environment. I use Oracle Virtualbox and Winols for example won't run on it without tweaking the settings. Worth googling at least.
QuattroVAG

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »

I've tried a few tweaks but no success yet, I will continue to research as there are different ways an application can check for a VM.

Assuming I do get it working will a tune written for a ME7.1 work on a ME7.1.1?

I hoped to contribute to this community by logging and tweaking the tune for a stock car at low altitude - the original tune posted here is from a catless car at high altitude. DIY remapping is very common in the e46 m3 community (incorporating euro VVT timing to our USA maps along with some tweaks from the CSL) so I do have some experience with this.

On my M3 flashing a tune from a earlier version ECU to a late version ECU would result in the bricking of the ECU. Not sure if that is true here.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:42:43 AM by QuattroVAG » Logged
AARDQ

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »

No, hardware for ME7.1 and ME7.1.1 is different, so not compatible at all.  Within types (ME7.1 and ME7.1.1) there are a few cross-flashable options but not many (typically similar architecture/engine combos, such as B5 Passat/A4).

In your case, there's just not much to gain tuning a NA engine, and I doubt there's much that's already out there - you'll likely be rolling your own.

An image on e-bay of your processor says it's ME7.1.1.  Google 2005 A4 3.0 "0261208559"
QuattroVAG

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 09:18:14 AM »

No, hardware for ME7.1 and ME7.1.1 is different, so not compatible at all.  Within types (ME7.1 and ME7.1.1) there are a few cross-flashable options but not many (typically similar architecture/engine combos, such as B5 Passat/A4).

In your case, there's just not much to gain tuning a NA engine, and I doubt there's much that's already out there - you'll likely be rolling your own.

An image on e-bay of your processor says it's ME7.1.1.  Google 2005 A4 3.0 "0261208559"

Ah well thanks for taking the time to check- I see the same thing in google. Too bad, I was really looking forward to this. I got a nice bump in torque by advancing the ignition timing with lemmiwinks, as you said there is probably not much more on the table.

Thanks for the help everyone. I will return if I ever own a more compatible VAG car.
metronet

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »

I would also try reading/writing the flash in Boot mode.
I know for sure if you want to overwrite the Eeprom on these 7.1.1 ECUs Bootmode is required.

What market is your 2005 A4 from, like in terms of geo location?
I have not seen a 2005 with the 3.0 AVK engine in the US market, maybe it's a convertible? Smiley

Good luck!
QuattroVAG

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »

I know for sure if you want to overwrite the Eeprom on these 7.1.1 ECUs Bootmode is required.

What market is your 2005 A4 from, like in terms of geo location?
I have not seen a 2005 with the 3.0 AVK engine in the US market, maybe it's a convertible? Smiley

Good luck!

Its a 2005 A4 3.0 sedan that has been in NYS all of its life. On eBay all the ECU's are 7.1.1 including the ones from USA sellers. Even if I used boot-mode it seems that I would be "flying solo" as any existing tunes/map location files i've found are for 7.1 ECU's
AARDQ

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 10:10:11 AM »

EEPROM programmer such as Wilhem GQ 3x or 4x and in-situ test clip works fine, too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: