Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2003 VW Passat B5 1.8t currently in what is called limpmode or fault code.  (Read 4615 times)
mybrainsrmelting

You are totally right as usual Daz. The info that I have is that current key is matched to it car and it cluster, the one that I have.
I have the same issue. Have a Ross tech hex +can cable & I've downloaded vagtacho & vag commander 3.6.
Is it an issue with windows 10? Can I not use the drivers that installed with vcds? I have a 2003 VW Passat B5 1.8t currently in what is called limpmode or fault code. What would be best to diagnose and clear the fault?
I sent my car to a little shop up the street to get diagnosed & the guy calls back asking if I have the skc because he wants to wipe or reset my ecm. I had already ordered the vcds & cable. I'm not really trusting what he's planning on doing. I believe he was going to hold off till I got the skc from VW America. Which from what I read I don't have a high probability of successfully retrieving from them. Also I do need to get the skc because I have 1 key. The car only came with the valet key. I have no keyless entry, no switchblade
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »

you have a mechanical issue with your car if your car starts and runs you dont need the skc. Limp mode has nothing to do with the skc

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
mybrainsrmelting

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:32:31 PM »

you have a mechanical issue with your car if your car starts and runs you dont need the skc. Limp mode has nothing to do with the skc
Yes that I understand. If he wipes my ecm I may. Later on I will need it for keys, but for now what would be the best program to run to find what is causing the "limpmode" or to clear the fault to get my car out of it.
ktm733

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 06:35:05 AM »

This post is not about limp mode, it's about programming cluster and ecu. Google limp mode!
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 06:53:50 AM »

Yes that I understand. If he wipes my ecm I may. Later on I will need it for keys, but for now what would be the best program to run to find what is causing the "limpmode" or to clear the fault to get my car out of it.
If hes deleting your eeprom and thinks that is going to fix your cars problem you need to find a new mechanic. it really sound like youre getting your self into a huge mess that you dont know anything about. Find a new mechanic or do some reading on this forum and learn yourself. once you do you see that what youre saying makes ZERO sense.
good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 12:03:06 PM »

This post is not about limp mode, it's about programming cluster and ecu. Google limp mode!

Split accordingly.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: