Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8T AEB Head Cylinder Swap on 1.8T BAM Block...help for tuning  (Read 11001 times)
Khendal

« on: February 13, 2017, 05:03:32 PM »

Hello, i'm a owner of a Seat Leon Cupra R 1M 1.8T 225hp BAM engine... and i've bought an AEB Head to swap on my engine.

My car is running big turbo... and fully tuned.. my original head is worked but not big ported this is why i wanna swap.

Now what i'm looking for are info on differences and of what i need to do for completed swap.

Starting from head studs and head bolts ... my block is 06a while AEB head is on 058 block... which one i need to use?
continuing to the VVT, SAI and all important info for a great head tuning.

Thanks in advance for your help Smiley
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:57:19 AM »

You are looking for mechanical guidance not tuning...

Well.. The head fits right on the block same same..  Better search in Audizine or Vortex forum for this..

E85oholic
userpike

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 04:16:02 PM »

You will need to change out the timing gear on the AEB head to the one on the BAM head. Everything else just bolts right up. VVT etc. The AEB head has 11mm holes for the head studs/bolts but you would use the 06A studs/bolts for installing the AEB head anyway. Also, if you have the whole AEB motor and are running stock rods in your O6A you can swap the AEB rods and pistons over to the O6A block. THe AEB rods and pistons are 20mm wrist pin and most stock O6A blocks come with 19mm. Some did come with 20mm though. Yours maybe one of them but not sure.
Khendal

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »

You will need to change out the timing gear on the AEB head to the one on the BAM head. Everything else just bolts right up. VVT etc. The AEB head has 11mm holes for the head studs/bolts but you would use the 06A studs/bolts for installing the AEB head anyway. Also, if you have the whole AEB motor and are running stock rods in your O6A you can swap the AEB rods and pistons over to the O6A block. THe AEB rods and pistons are 20mm wrist pin and most stock O6A blocks come with 19mm. Some did come with 20mm though. Yours maybe one of them but not sure.

Thanks for your help... my car have BAM engine all 06A , and i'm building a new more aggressive head an AEB head.

From what i've understood i need to use all stuffs from 06A, timing, chains, bolt and studs, vvt etc... and i'm not running stock Smiley
userpike

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »

yes.  forgot to mention that you need to change out the little metal twirlido that mounts to the intake cam under the cam position sensor also iirc I think the cams are even different between the AEB and other head codes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: