Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clone / Copy my own ECU to the spare one  (Read 8223 times)
uzone02

« on: February 14, 2017, 02:07:13 AM »

Hi guys,
I'm new to here, my Audi A4 B6 2001 ECU is partially BLOWN Sad
But still can barely drive, searching a lot information about ECU clone,
Very very frustrated ....

Tried a lot method with K Can Commander, VCDS Adaption
All fail.

Would someone give me a hand , is there any dumbest way to clone my ecu ?

Also, can it be done by migrating the chips ?

Thanks guys...
Dave9n3

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:22:52 AM »

Would be helpful if you told us exactly which ECU it is by adding part numbers etc etc.

You may be able to read the 95040 eeprom with Argdub eeprom tool which you can find on here (if you cant read it in the car you will have to put the ecu into bootmode, again lots of info on here regarding this). You'll need the ftdi kkl cable to do this 232RL chip.

You can also read the stock file from the car and then use all of this data to clone an ecu to be the same as yours. stock file should be easy-ish to find on here/ on the internet but the eeprom read matters most as it contains your immo data. Look in the noob section and read all of the FAQ/stickies as well as the stickies related to flashing and bootmode.
uzone02

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:32:16 AM »

Thx for the quick reply !!!
 8E0 906 018 B
Me 7.5
uzone02

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:36:13 AM »

The most important thing is my ECU is chipped with custom map

I want to keep all the custom map data otherwise I have to pay the extra money for the map

Is it possible to do that?

Would be helpful if you told us exactly which ECU it is by adding part numbers etc etc.

You may be able to read the 95040 eeprom with Argdub eeprom tool which you can find on here (if you cant read it in the car you will have to put the ecu into bootmode, again lots of info on here regarding this). You'll need the ftdi kkl cable to do this 232RL chip.

You can also read the stock file from the car and then use all of this data to clone an ecu to be the same as yours. stock file should be easy-ish to find on here/ on the internet but the eeprom read matters most as it contains your immo data. Look in the noob section and read all of the FAQ/stickies as well as the stickies related to flashing and bootmode.

KasperH

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:04:06 AM »

If it can still drive with the ecu I would say it would be readable Smiley
Then you just need to read the full flash from the ecu and the 95040 eeprom.
Get to the wreckers and get a spare ecu with same numbers and then bench flash both files to the spare ECU and then you'll be ready to go Smiley

It sounds a lot easier than done if you haven't really done any flashing before Tongue

Here are some links that'll help you:

Cloning the 95040:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5068.0title=

Nefmoto flashing software:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2200.0title=
uzone02

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 05:10:13 AM »

Thx man

May i know can i do the O2 disble too ?
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 06:31:31 AM »

Thx man

May i know can i do the O2 disble too ?
i would not try to port read your fie if you are trying to read it odd are you wont get a full read most tuners f0>ff the boot rom and have no read tags to say the least so what ever data you get will be incomplete and could leave you ecu in "programming not finished" mode and youll be suck with a no start condition.
make a simple desktop setup and read about bootmode once your comfortable bootmode read your current file and write to your new ecu. then do the same with the eeprom as another member commented above. now youll have a fully cloned ecu

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
prj

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:57:56 AM »

The "dumbest way" is a hot air station.
Replace the 29F800BB and the serial EEPROM on the new ECU with the ones on the old ECU physically.
The less dumb way is doing that in boot mode via software rather than desoldering.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
uzone02

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »

The "dumbest way" is a hot air station.
Replace the 29F800BB and the serial EEPROM on the new ECU with the ones on the old ECU physically.
The less dumb way is doing that in boot mode via software rather than desoldering.
I think this is the simplest way to me

Would you please point out which are they?

Cheers mate
uzone02

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 07:05:49 AM »

i would not try to port read your fie if you are trying to read it odd are you wont get a full read most tuners f0>ff the boot rom and have no read tags to say the least so what ever data you get will be incomplete and could leave you ecu in "programming not finished" mode and youll be suck with a no start condition.
make a simple desktop setup and read about bootmode once your comfortable bootmode read your current file and write to your new ecu. then do the same with the eeprom as another member commented above. now youll have a fully cloned ecu
yeah, I finally understand the whole meaning after the forth read Cheesy

Just my understanding problem, not yours
uzone02

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 07:06:52 AM »

If it can still drive with the ecu I would say it would be readable Smiley
Then you just need to read the full flash from the ecu and the 95040 eeprom.
Get to the wreckers and get a spare ecu with same numbers and then bench flash both files to the spare ECU and then you'll be ready to go Smiley

It sounds a lot easier than done if you haven't really done any flashing before Tongue

Here are some links that'll help you:

Cloning the 95040:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5068.0title=

Nefmoto flashing software:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2200.0title=

thx man,

I am on the way towards this direction.

Searching on this forum to see how and which bench setup is good and easier for me

Cheesy
KasperH

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 08:55:00 AM »

thx man,

I am on the way towards this direction.

Searching on this forum to see how and which bench setup is good and easier for me

Cheesy

your welcome Smiley
but as marty said earlier read and flash the 29f800 chip using bootmode, that would eliminate some potential problems during the process Smiley

its actually pretty "simple" to make a bench setup if you know how to read wiring diagrams and work with wire and electronics Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: