Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CHIPTUNING lost warranty or not ?  (Read 9216 times)
sebasapri

« on: October 24, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »

Hi everybody !
i have a doubt:
first let's put ourselves in context, BMW official system diagnostic ISTA, Mercedes Benz DAS Xentry, VW Group VAS or VAG-COM nad KIA HYUNDAI GDI diagnstic tools.
There a lot of tools for diagnostic for these brands but official only one, this is clear but we know that will be work with a lot of diagnostic system right.

If i re-program for example all cars with WARRANTY

BMW F20 series with ECU Bosch.....
MB W176 series with ECU Bosch
VAG with SIMOS12,18 and BOSCH
KIA HYUNDAI SIMOS2k and Bosch

and i back with the Repro before the CAR concur SERVICE, the emplyed can see with their tools, the times it was re-programmed the ECU.

thanks for your time
Sebastian
prj

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 02:40:29 AM »

As long as CVN matches when dealer tool is connected you should be fine.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
sebasapri

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »

Thanks mate for your time.

may be that with the ISTA Scanner, see the time it was re flashed or programmed the ECU ? for BMW.
For another brands i dont know
I have understood this
thanks again.
Seb
bennyboi

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:11:08 AM »

even if it affects warranty it should only affect things it changes eg,

your wheel falls off, legal in the UK they have to fix it as the modification done doesn't affect wheels.
EuroXs4

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 09:34:05 AM »

I dont think the flash counter tdetermines the TD1 flag/chip tuning for vw or audi.Also professional chip tuner have already figured out how to reset the flash counter either way.Its more actual changes in the software that trigger the TD1 flag.On that note when a vehicle is brought in for service or any type of diagnosis the modules are read.At any time the vehicle is at a dealer lets say for a oil change.The odis software still checks the software of each module,in order to reset service light,a scan with odis must be made.Note this is only at the dealer level.However this is done in the background the technician does not see odis checking and verifying software.Just about all dealer level scantools have a dedicated online connection via wifi which then goes to the server in germany.Once the "log" is received it is then determined wether changes to software were made by the server.The td1 flag on vw audi will show up on the national report for the vehicles vin after about 15minutes.

Also a chip tuning/td1 flag only affects the drivetrain warranty so engine damage or transmission damage will not be covered.But everything else should still be without issues.However if the vehicle is flashed back to stock it should be a problem wether your reset the flash counter or not.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:38:24 AM by EuroXs4 » Logged
sebasapri

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »

Thanks for your time , i apreciate that.
Yes understand the Flag counter in the UCE , but only in ME.7, in MED9 or MED17 or SIMOS12 and SIMOS18 i dont know how reset the reset counter.
Kindly Regard
Seb
prj

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »

I already said, the CVN's are checked. There is no black magic or smoke and mirrors here.
It is possible to bypass this.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: