Pages: [1]
Author Topic: C5 allroad in-tank return restriction  (Read 4685 times)
opntrk86

« on: February 19, 2017, 08:23:03 AM »

I'm starting to tune my stock engine ft-21 allroad and have been chasing a rich LTFT issue.  Fueling is 550 ev14 injectors (0280158117) @ 4bar, stock lines and walbro 450 pump in the stock housing.  I have high fuel pressure (around 5 bar) that drops back to normal when I disconnect the return line at the tank hat and let it run into a gas can. So It looks like the return system in the tank can't handle the added volume.

I know many have ran this pump in stock lines (but probably not many with injectors this small on gas) and I never heard of anyone having issue.  Has anyone seen this before?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »

check your evap system? just a wild ass guess

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
opntrk86

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »

I think I ruled that out, no change when venting the tank to atmosphere. 

I just find something interesting though, while running into a gas can I ran the tank down to about 1/8 full. When I hooked the tank return back up FP had dropped to 3.5-4 bar, but was bouncing around alot.  Put 2 gal back in the tank and FP was back to 5 bar rock soild.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »

Something might still be wrong wrong with tank ventilation. Check carbon filter?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
DavidPrefs

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 04:33:41 AM »

Yea if you call the Nissan hotline or your local dealer, they will replace the fuel tank with a new version.

KasperH

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 04:45:11 AM »

Yea if you call the Nissan hotline or your local dealer, they will replace the fuel tank with a new version.

Nissan?
rogerius

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 05:31:59 AM »

I'm starting to tune my stock engine ft-21 allroad and have been chasing a rich LTFT issue.  Fueling is 550 ev14 injectors (0280158117) @ 4bar, stock lines and walbro 450 pump in the stock housing.  I have high fuel pressure (around 5 bar) that drops back to normal when I disconnect the return line at the tank hat and let it run into a gas can. So It looks like the return system in the tank can't handle the added volume.

I know many have ran this pump in stock lines (but probably not many with injectors this small on gas) and I never heard of anyone having issue.  Has anyone seen this before?

How big (or small) is the restriction of your FPR? Not all FPR have same dia restriction/return. If too small, pressure at injectors could be more than nominal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: