Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traction Control  (Read 6549 times)
New2Tune

« on: November 29, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »

Are there any relevant maps in the ECU that affect traction control? Huh

When my traction control intervenes it is much harsher than it was stock almost out of control/scary.
New2Tune

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:45:48 AM »

I was wondering if this could be a torque intervention?  The ESP light goes on and the motor damn near dies, it is pretty violent??  Is there anything that can dampen this in the ECU itself?  I've been looking into the torque monitoring and intervention modules.

Has anyone else experienced this
julex

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »

Your best bet would be to get WinOLS, respective OLS file, fire up google translate and find out yourself...
New2Tune

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at an appropriate damos in WinOLS, and there was a good thread on torque monitoring from a part throttle stand point mostly centered around IOP.  I've added those to my definition.

Specifically I'm looking for maps that coordinate/respond to an intervention when the ESP is on, I'd like to tone them down if they exist.  Or perhaps someone has a suggestion for what I may have done that has resulted in this happening?

Has no one else experienced some nasty cut out with a high boost tune when traction control intervenes?  I could really use some wisdom here. Undecided

Thanks in advance,
julex

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »

Took me 2 minutes to find the module...

Translate GGCASR document from Funktionsrahmen rs4 document and browse to that section in WinOLS. Quite a few maps governing ASR behavior in there.

phila_dot

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »

The response described by the OP sounds like a mechanical issue. I had a similar experience when I sheared an upper control arm bolt.
julex

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »

That depends naturally what "out of control/scary means".

Do the wheels lock up completely? (over reactive ASR or issue with system itself)
Does the car swerve to the side? (issue with suspension or brake calipers)
Shudders uncontrollably?

Depending what the symptoms really are, a different cause might be to blame here.
New2Tune

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 02:43:13 PM »

Thanks for the lead on GGCASR, I had been looking for ESP rather than ASR and hadn't come across that.

If it is a mild loss of traction it behaves pretty normal, slight power loss, light on and then picks back up.  But if it really lets go then the engine which was fully loaded up at say 3500rpm, 22psi just crashes, nearly dies... and shudders hard before regaining its composure.  "Scary" in the sense of ohh there goes 2 grand and you half expect to see oil on the ground when you get out, no weird feedback through the steering column or suspension. Runs great under all other conditions.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:47:26 PM by New2Tune » Logged
setzi62

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 07:22:50 AM »

Can you exclude that your ecu crashes and then recovers in this situation Huh
If you have VCDS or a logger connected and it looses connection when the
engine "nearly dies", this could indicate that the ecu has restarted.

Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »

The response described by the OP sounds like a mechanical issue. I had a similar experience when I sheared an upper control arm bolt.

O_O

edit:  Also, I want to say the ASR/ESP calibration is likely not part of the engine ecu, and probably integrated in the ABS controller.  The ESP cars have yaw sensors and if anything I would expect the ABS module to request a torque reduction instead of the engine ECU being an integral part of the traction control.  The ABS modules are also different between ESP and non ESP cars.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:58:30 PM by Jason » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: