Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TT 1.8t 224HP AMU Narrowband to Wideband conversion  (Read 10654 times)
crackerx

« on: March 01, 2017, 11:16:37 PM »

Hello

My name is Mihai and i`am engineer electronist.I want to convert my audi TT 1.8t 224HP engine code AMU (car from unitedstates) from Narrowband to Wideband
car have quattro esp and cruise control (if is inportant)

I read si many things on forums but to start that conversion i need some shure tested ecu numbers that will fit to my car and after conversion the quattro / cruise control / ESP / electric ventlators will work normally

now the original ecu is 8N0906018K  bosch hw number 0261206894

if someone can helpme with some codes for ecu / lambda etc
and i also ask if a must chance the MAF

Many Thnaks
Tiero

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »

Hey,

This is probably going to get send to noob questions but basically what you need is:
1. A Wideband ECU BEA Engine code should be a drop in (you can use some of the golf ECUs but you will need to reprogram them)
2. A wideband harness
3. A wideband O2 sensor

You don't need to change the MAF. Also, google is your friend.
Magovit

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 10:56:05 PM »

The best way to do it is use an Wideband Controller with one Narrow output.
 Obviously you will use the wideband sensor on the controller,  and plug the output narrow signal on the stock ecu.

My suggestion: https://www.14point7.com/products/spartan-lambda-controller-2
THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »

I would say that isn't the best way as the narrowband ecu doesn't function the same way or use the narrowband input in the same way as the wideband.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »

I would say that isn't the best way as the narrowband ecu doesn't function the same way or use the narrowband input in the same way as the wideband.

This is correct. You generally cannot use the 14point7 NB output to feed the NB input on ME ECUs. Impedance matching is one of the main problems, but there are others.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: