Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
Author Topic: Actual pre-control in LDRPID  (Read 218004 times)
sonflasch

« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2018, 05:08:40 AM »

Not the correct way to do it.
Why?

with ols300 on the table is ok..in the car too.

What is wrong in your opinion?

I just wanted to change the input for IMX to use the tool.

table base load pressure I enter the values ​​at 0% tv for the other calculations

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
prj

« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »

Correct is to make plgrus_w = pu_w like ECU's that have CWPLGU when it is set to 1.
This is a hack.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
sonflasch

« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2018, 05:28:34 AM »

Correct is to make plgrus_w = pu_w like ECU's that have CWPLGU when it is set to 1.
This is a hack.
Thanks for answer
far as I'm not in ASM.

I just wanted to use the tool for rs4.

but I'm right that only the input for IMX is changed?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

cgramme

« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2018, 12:21:29 AM »

Trying to tune my 2003 quattro AMB 1.8t tiptronic Lips sealed. I've tried a handful of variations in tunes, mostly adjusting the KFLDIMX mbar axis around trying to get the psi to be semi stable. I've messed around with slight variations in KFLDRL and LDRXN also... I know I need to zero out LDDIMXN, but I can't seem to find a good definition for the map and apparently I'm to stupid to figure out how to find it. So I've been trying to compensate with KFLDIMX.

I don't understand why ldtv isn't following ldtvr_w. I keep getting throttle cut due to overboosting. I've been reading as much as I can about the PID system, but I really don't know how to read the logged PID data. Also, I've been doing 2nd gear logs because there are a lot of police around my area, and I would like to continue having a license. I'm sure I'll get some 3rd gear logs soon but this is what I have to work with right now.

dream

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2018, 03:55:34 AM »

Trying to tune my 2003 quattro AMB 1.8t tiptronic Lips sealed. I've tried a handful of variations in tunes, mostly adjusting the KFLDIMX mbar axis around trying to get the psi to be semi stable. I've messed around with slight variations in KFLDRL and LDRXN also... I know I need to zero out LDDIMXN, but I can't seem to find a good definition for the map and apparently I'm to stupid to figure out how to find it. So I've been trying to compensate with KFLDIMX.

I don't understand why ldtv isn't following ldtvr_w. I keep getting throttle cut due to overboosting. I've been reading as much as I can about the PID system, but I really don't know how to read the logged PID data. Also, I've been doing 2nd gear logs because there are a lot of police around my area, and I would like to continue having a license. I'm sure I'll get some 3rd gear logs soon but this is what I have to work with right now.

ldtv doesn't follows ldtvr_w even in this pre-control setting IMO.
I think you should shift desired upwards in LDRXN or WGDC downwards.

Running logs in 2nd gear is relatively short for the turbo to spool, and for comparing isn't really great either.

I am going to test this pre-control setting, not oncoming but next weekend and see what the results are.
prj

« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2018, 04:41:11 AM »

Horrible approach and even worse advice.

KFLDIMX is supposed to be linear and you don't tune control by altering request ffs.

Log your car properly.
dream

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »

Horrible approach and even worse advice.

KFLDIMX is supposed to be linear and you don't tune control by altering request ffs.

As I read it back now, I really have to totally agree with you on the approach that it doesnt make any sense at all what I said there. Lips sealed

Ofc shifting up desired is defently NOT the option to tune control but he has room to have more desired unless he wants to drive around with 8-10 psi of boost, but that's not the point of this thread.
cgramme

« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2018, 08:40:30 PM »

This is by far the lowest LDRXN request I've tried while tuning for this setup. Boost has been overshooting so much I wanted to turn everything down as much as possible and then start making adjustments in order to see what affects what and how/why. I have now 0'd LDDIMXN and raised LDRXN so it'll request about 12 psi.

I'm assuming my turbo can't go much over 30 psi, so I have my KFLDIMX mbar axis maxed at 2200 mbar as of now. This to me seems like it should make actual be less than request rather than overshoot. Am I correct by thinking that turning up the KFLDIMX mbar axis should give undershoot? or have I completely missed something?

New tune and some logs should be up tomorrow.
SB_GLI

« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2018, 07:18:29 AM »

As already stated, something is wrong with your file.

ldtvm does not makes sense based on ldtvr_w and what you've shown in KFLDRL.

Also, there is no need to modify the KFLDRL DC axis.

You shouldn't even be thinking about LDRXN at this point.  LDDIMXN modification isn't really needed either.  You're just muddying the waters.   My advice is to limit your work to KFLDIMX and KFLDRL only until you get something that is close.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:23:19 AM by SB_GLI » Logged
cgramme

« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2018, 12:11:59 PM »

Thank you for the response.

As already stated, something is wrong with your file.

ldtvm does not makes sense based on ldtvr_w and what you've shown in KFLDRL.

Could you be a little more specific. Do you mean something is wrong with the way my bin is tuned, or do you think there is something else at play here? I have tried to follow as close as possible with the tuning I've read on this thread, and change only the needed maps.

I agree that KFLDRL dc axis needs to stay 0-95%, and only modify KFLDIMX mbar axis until I get a "close" calibration. I've tried messing around with the KFLDRL table a little and it hasn't seemed to affect much at this point. I've had KFLDIMX mbar axis up to 3000 and I was still getting overboost, so I'm kinda stumped at this point.

I did flash my ecu with the 518AK file from the "stage 1 tuning" thread and have been modifying this file. So far everything has seemed to be working fine. It is a different file than my original, but it was said to be interchangeable with my ecu. I can't think of the original bin file off the top of my head. I'll have to get it off my other computer and possibly try to define some more definitions for it so I can use the original bin.

More logs coming later today.

SB_GLI

« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2018, 01:20:31 PM »

ldtvr_w is WGDC before linearization - this is the input into KFLDRL

ldtvm is WGDC (ldtv is the output of KFLDRL and in most cases == ldtvm)

in your logs, you have very low ldtvr_w, sometimes zero or less than zero, but ldtvm is something like 50-60.   Based on your screen shot of KFLDRL, ldtvm should also be close to zero, not 50-60%.  That is why I am saying something isn't right in your file.  ldtvm doesn't make sense based on what you are showing us in KFLDRL.

Perhaps you have a bad definition file aren't changing what you think you're changing.

Any chance you have CWMDAPP = 8 and it's following KFLDRAPP?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:22:46 PM by SB_GLI » Logged
prj

« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »

I actually change the axes in KFLDRL due to the way I calculate stuff. I guess not that important when you have a tool doing it for you.
But I just find DC for certain boost with an excel spreadsheet, use KFLDIMX as a conversion map, then change the axes.

Makes absolutely no difference in the end tho i guess.

Log your car properly.
cgramme

« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2018, 01:43:52 PM »

I think I found the problem. When comparing KFLDRL with an unmodified version of KFLDRL I get this. This would explain the dips that wgdc was following. Wow. I have no idea how I got this improper definition, but finding this makes me very happy.

cgramme

« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »

So I have redefined KFLDRL. This is what it was following... notice that the map isn't on the correct axis.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 12:10:25 AM by cgramme » Logged
cgramme

« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2018, 04:07:36 PM »

Not perfect by any means, but wgdc is now making sense.   Grin Finally I can get to dialing it in.

Thank you guys for all the help, and for an excellent tuning method!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: