Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RS6 strange limp mode without fault codes. Boost reduction and Throttle cut  (Read 11117 times)
alizczewy

Hi guys,
I tried to solve this issue by myself, but no success as far. The car is RS6 4.2 BCY 4D1907558 0004. I mapped the car two month ago, dyno showed 497hp / 680Nm
Three weeks after remapping engine management light appeared on the dash and I car went in to limp mode.
VCDS showed: 16985 Internal control module: memory check sum error P0601-35-00--
So I've changed CLAAATUN to 0 and fault p0601 disapered and Limp mode gone as well.
I thought it solved the issue, but I was wrong. Yesterday I've  get the limp mode again, but this time no MIL on dash and no faults in error memory.

I did some logs today and it seems, for some reasons something cuts  rl_max at 100%, so throttle and boost is restricted.
Funny thing is when I upload same software again up to 2-3 week is ok and then LIMP MODE returns.

Have you had similar issue?

I attach log from ME7Logger and modified dump.

littco

Hi guys,
I tried to solve this issue by myself, but no success as far. The car is RS6 4.2 BCY 4D1907558 0004. I mapped the car two month ago, dyno showed 497hp / 680Nm
Three weeks after remapping engine management light appeared on the dash and I car went in to limp mode.
VCDS showed: 16985 Internal control module: memory check sum error P0601-35-00--
So I've changed CLAAATUN to 0 and fault p0601 disapered and Limp mode gone as well.
I thought it solved the issue, but I was wrong. Yesterday I've  get the limp mode again, but this time no MIL on dash and no faults in error memory.

I did some logs today and it seems, for some reasons something cuts  rl_max at 100%, so throttle and boost is restricted.
Funny thing is when I upload same software again up to 2-3 week is ok and then LIMP MODE returns.

Have you had similar issue?

I attach log from ME7Logger and modified dump.

Log is useless as it's only showing a peak boost of 5psi! IE limp mode. I'm guessing it's going into limp from a boost deviation
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:33:02 AM by littco » Logged
alizczewy

Log is useless as it's only showing a peak boost of 5psi! IE limp mode. I'm guessing it's going into limp from a boost deviation

I wrote the car is in limp mode and there aren't any faults in memory already.  Before car went into limp mode everything was fine and actual boost followed the desired.
Another thing, If problem was caused by boost deviation I should have some fault related to this. By the way I modified KFDLULS and EDLDRP so boost deviations shouldn't cause a problem.

The only way to back engine to normal operation is uplaoding the software again.

KasperH

By the way I modified KFDLULS and EDLDRP so boost deviations shouldn't cause a problem.

This why you don't get a fault code, you disabled boost deviation diagnosis....
What is the reason you disabled it? And if you're hitting limp you got a serious leak or something else is very wrong.

Post some logs of car in non limp mode so we can see what causes it to go into limp  mode.
_nameless

you have 9 errors in your file. youre lucky your eeprom didnt give you the death code

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

updated checksums ^

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
alizczewy

Thanks mate. I uploaded file with Kess, usually it calculate checksumes, but to make sure myself I'll double check them in ME7.x Correction

nubcake

I didn't look at the 367724 binary, but there's a rumor going around that it has some kind of additional tuning protection and that's why it encounters a limp mode after some time.
There are no such issues with 366304.
Depending on how savvy you are with disassembly - it might be easier to just use a different base file.
AARDQ

And would love to see a log when she's running well.

FWIW, I checksum using Nyet's tool and upload with MPPS.  Works great.
alizczewy

I didn't look at the 367724 binary, but there's a rumor going around that it has some kind of additional tuning protection and that's why it encounters a limp mode after some time.
There are no such issues with 366304.
Depending on how savvy you are with disassembly - it might be easier to just use a different base file.

Big thanks mate, I was waiting for such directions. There have to be some kind of tuning protection in this software. I've never seen similiar problem in any ME7 based cars. This LIMP MODE it's not usual limp mode which we can reset by ignition recycle or battery disconnecting. Once ECU went in to this mode we can't do anything and the only working solution to switch it back to normal operation it is software update (it can be even same file). Now I'm almost sure it is not boost deviations problem.

So today to make a logs in normal state without limp mode I had to upload the file again. Obviously like always after flashing  the power came back.
Unfortunately on the way to nice logging place, some clamp on the intercooler pipe slipped off and I had to go back without logs. Tomorrow I'm gonna sort it out and prepare another file based on 366304 version.
Once it'll be done I let U know. good night Guys Wink

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:53:56 PM by alizczewy » Logged

vwaudiguy

The changes should be seen in the e2p I would think.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
alizczewy

I'll read eeprom and if it'll happen  again compare then

prj

This file has tuning protection, it's not a checksum problem.
Only way to get rid of that code is disable the tuning protection. Removing the class it will still go in limp mode after some time Wink

So either flash old version without tuning protection or disable tuning protection in file.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
KasperH

I'm sorry to hijack a little here, but is there a way to check if there is tuning protection enabled in a file? And how to disable/circumvent it?  Is it just CLAAATUN? Smiley
alizczewy

No CLAAATUN just hides a fault

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: