Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23
Author Topic: DSG DQ250 Tuning  (Read 168089 times)
konkat

« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2022, 11:08:02 AM »

I recommend up to 60msec, not lower. With 60ms it is very fast without issues in a well maintained DSG.
MirXas

« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2022, 09:22:02 AM »

Hello to everyone. How can I check if my DQ250 is correctly seeing brake pressure info via CAN from ABS ? Trying to diagnose no launch control available, dont know what else could be wrong. ABS is mk20 CAN, has two pressure sensors on the master cylinder Smiley
prj

« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2022, 10:04:08 AM »

The faster you request the synchronization, the more torque intervention there is.
The car is not faster because the synchronization phase is faster. The whole shift is just harder, but to achieve this synchronization time it requests much more torque reduction, so you have a complete power interruption and a hard shift vs. only a small power interruption.

Anything below 300ms does not make the car any faster, but hey if you like the feeling of it shifting hard, then go ahead.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
aef

« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2022, 10:44:25 AM »

can someone tell me how to activate or where to find the steering wheel paddles?

gearbox is exx or fxx but wiring is like tt 8n cxx
MirXas

« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2022, 07:40:52 AM »

The address is #8E94 in the available Exx 3.2 TT file, I just dont know what value you should make it (in the mentioned file it is "2"). In Fxx file it's offset about 30000, you should find it easily. I tried value "1", it didnt work and I havent tried any other. We should look in an early Cxx 3.2 TT/R32 file, the value there should be the one you need.
Nobody knows how to check if brake pressure info is floating in CAN ?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:47:56 PM by MirXas » Logged
aef

« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2022, 12:29:40 AM »

Thank you very much, i did find it and its "2" in both files.
You tried "1" and it didnt change anything.

hmm, maybe have to find a exx version running on a actial car, not just the ols/damos everyone has.
maybe it preproduction and 2 means off
MirXas

« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2022, 03:37:43 AM »

I tried "1" and there was a difference - paddles stopped working from CAN, but analog inputs still didnt work. From what I know, only the earliest Cxx boxes had analog paddle inputs enabled (TT mk1 3.2 and golf R32), Exx Fxx could do that also but you needed a special, hard to find, file if replacing from stock Cxx to Exx or Fxx mechatronic. So we need a very old Cxx file to look at.
ktm733

« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2022, 10:17:53 AM »

The faster you request the synchronization, the more torque intervention there is.
The car is not faster because the synchronization phase is faster. The whole shift is just harder, but to achieve this synchronization time it requests much more torque reduction, so you have a complete power interruption and a hard shift vs. only a small power interruption.

Anything below 300ms does not make the car any faster, but hey if you like the feeling of it shifting hard, then go ahead.

This info is a golden! Thank you for the professional response.
MirXas

« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2022, 12:00:57 PM »

Update. Analog inputs/outputs won't work with AL mech unit, don't bother.
How do I smoothen downshift clutch engangement ? I'm experiencing very annoying jerking when braking and coming to a stop before every red light, that happens when dsg downshifts and starts engaging the clutch, thus raising engine rpm. 1.8t with diesel dq250.
Breacking

« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2022, 10:54:07 AM »

Hello. In the standard TCU AUDI TTS file, the switching time with a decrease in torque is 120ms
FlyboyS4

« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2022, 02:14:59 PM »

Update. Analog inputs/outputs won't work with AL mech unit, don't bother.
How do I smoothen downshift clutch engangement ? I'm experiencing very annoying jerking when braking and coming to a stop before every red light, that happens when dsg downshifts and starts engaging the clutch, thus raising engine rpm. 1.8t with diesel dq250.

On a related topic, I'm trying to determine the table/setting that would modify the downshift engine speed during braking.

This early post presented some variables that looked like they might accomplish this function, but I've tried changing them and not noticed my expected outcome.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12449.msg103636#msg103636

The 0% accelerator pedal position column of the downshift table sets the downshift rpm when off throttle (coasting), but with brake pressure, this engine speed can be altered from what I have observed with a couple of commercial tunes. 

Have you (or somebody else) been able to change the downshift rpm when braking, if so, where did you make the change?
Dave9n3

« Reply #266 on: June 05, 2022, 01:24:39 PM »

Currently trying to get some more clamping pressure from a CXX unit with no success so figured I'd post in here. I have very limited understanding of these so far - as such set about increasing what look to be valve current limits, and pressure limits for K1 and K2. So far to try and increase pressure I've changed:

- Daten Moment zu Hauptdruck KL (seems to be engine torque or clutch torque vs main pressure, maximum was 13bar, increased to 15)
- max. Strom für max. Kupplungsmoment für K1 (1400mA stock increased to 1600mA)
- max. Strom für max. Kupplungsmoment für K2 (1400mA stock increased to 1600mA)
- KL über IKp0: oberer Stromwert K1 (1000mA stock increased to 1400mA)
- KL über IKp0: oberer Stromwert K2 (1000mA stock increased to 1400mA)
- Maximum value of I_POben[K1] (1200mA stock increased to 1400mA)
- Maximum value of I_POben[K2](1200mA stock increased to 1400mA)
- KL über IKp0: oberer Druckwert K1 (10 bar increased to 15bar)
- KL über IKp0: oberer Druckwert K2 (10 bar increased to 15bar)

I'm only getting a max of 11 bar, at about 1100mA with specified clutch torques of 400nm and engine torque of 350nm.

Is 350nm engine torque, and 400nm specified clutch torque even enough for the mechatronic to decide to give more than 11bar? In which case i need to increase the indicated torque from the engine?

I've attached some logs in the hope someone may be willing to push me in the right direction. If it makes any difference the car is probably making around 270bhp and 400nm at this moment

prj

« Reply #267 on: June 05, 2022, 03:08:34 PM »

What problem are you trying to solve?
What do you think adding more pressure will do?

Log your car properly.
Dave9n3

« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2022, 03:19:20 PM »

No real problem just yet, as at this power level it seems to function ok however I’ve got a larger turbo waiting to be fitted to aim for ~350bhp. I wanted to try and get to the point where I was able to increase the clamping before fitting the turbo to avoid wearing out the clutches, that’s all really
prj

« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2022, 03:32:17 AM »

No real problem just yet, as at this power level it seems to function ok however I’ve got a larger turbo waiting to be fitted to aim for ~350bhp. I wanted to try and get to the point where I was able to increase the clamping before fitting the turbo to avoid wearing out the clutches, that’s all really
What you don't realize that "clamping" is closed loop based on microslip and it always runs as much pressure as it needs to run.
There are shit ECU tunes with non-linear torque and as a response to that shit TCU tunes were created that effectively disable the microslip adjuster and run way too much pressure and cause the transmission to drive like shit.

Deal with problems as they occur. I don't think there will be any issues with 350hp gasoline if you report the torque correctly to the transmission and take care of basic limiters.
If it's not slipping then it's running enough pressure. End of story.

There are hard limitations such as 500nm calculated clutch torque, which need a patch or fudging stuff in the cal, but you probably won't hit them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:34:59 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: