Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upgrading to larger throttle body  (Read 2782 times)
needlessthing

« on: April 22, 2017, 09:48:54 PM »

03 jetta 1.8t with IE intake manifold, Autotech intake cam, GTX 3071r turbo.
Still have a MAF (running an S4 maf). I am using Maestor tuning. Which I know this is not the best place for maestro support but VWVortex forums have been little to no help. Some of the guys on here have been a great help in the past. And frankly I am at a slight lose here.
I had a 70mm throttle body laying around so I thought I would throw it on the car. Thinking that the MAF would compensate for the increased air flow. With the larger throttle body on the car it will idle but super lean. Must the air flow maps be adjusted. I was under the impression that the ECU doesn't use the airflow over throttle maps unless it has no signal from the MAF. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thank you in advance.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 05:35:11 AM »

Changing throttle body will not magically compensate for a larger MAF.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: