Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nyet and Tony's Take  (Read 4040 times)
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« on: November 23, 2022, 09:49:07 AM »

One thing I would really like to see come out of this community is recognition of skilled professional tuners.

If noobs can't tune their cars themselves, and we don't want to promote bad tuners or copying of tunes without credit, then we need to help the noobs know who they should be paying their money to.
-Tony

They're run by (and inhabited by) glass bead trading game wankers who want you to learn the secret handshake and swear to their "pro-tuner" brand of secrecy/idiocy. There's no documentation because "that would be giving it away for free, and what's in it for me, I have to recoup my $10k of money I spent on rumor and innuendo"

If, on the other hand, your site culture has a "i'll tell you if you give me something in return" aspect, you'll get the same question asked 100000000x by noobs, and it will never be answered satisfactorily.

-Nyet

"Simple moderation can filter the noise and set the tone."

Ultimately I am unsure what is the best way to prevent blatant copying of tunes and noobs that come to the site for nothing but free files. But the more I restrict that kind of thing, the more we restrict tuning development. People find this site through word of mouth and google search, if the content is not openly searchable then no one will find it. Forcing development or analysis of tuned files to be private, will prevent skilled people from ever finding the topics to join in the discussion on.
-Tony

^This Directly negatively reflects on SparkyRs scams and terrible tunes he has perpetuated over the years..
Many of his tunes are exact copies of previous tunes

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=609.30

*BTW- SITE IS NOT SEARCHABLE*
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 09:53:34 AM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

Guitar24t aka Robert Hilton
SparkyR aka Brandon Halme
Prometey1982 aka Artem Vasiliev
MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
PRJ - Dmitri from Estonia
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 09:51:05 AM »

Here is a Recent post from Swede Speed calling out Contrast Gustav Urbas Tuning for his scams.

https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/what-happened-to-contrast.660852/

"For the record, not a fan of any kind of moderation.

It just gives people a game to play, and moderators will be forced to waste their whole day playing the MMORPG that is the moderation game."
-Nyet

I'm ready to play  - if it stops the greater evil!
I am sad to see Nyet so soft 10 years later.

You used to have a pair between your legs.. Sad

Did you censor my comment about Slavic tuners being overwhelmingly scam artists, and having the polar opposite culture from western civilizations because you shorted your name to Nyet? = No in russian?
Or was it not true..?

Are we going to ignore the fact the entire country of russias GDP is less than Texas?!
Should speak well enough to how well they run businesses. - very terrible- and look at how the local russians act. Like greedy rats.
Nobody has ever liked russians for the last 50 years. Ask my father and his fathers father

They are the exact type of people you spoke against 10 years ago.

Now we have a mess of them here, noobs cross flashing this and that, dipshit kids going unaccountable cross flashing copied junk to make a few bucks.

This place has become a Cesspool, Nyet. On your watch. I'm bitching about it and you contradict your original vibe you posted 10 years ago.
You and I made the same style of repository. Don't hate me, hate what you've become and grown used to. Surrounded by shit. Lets clean this out and make this place useful.
Craig Smith wouldn't condone this type of website.

"The fact that anybody thinks reverse engineering is unethical always frightens me." -Nyet
I am reverse engineering all the BULLISHIT that happened behind closed doors via PM HERE trading their secrets

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 10:05:50 AM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 05:07:26 PM »

I don't have time for this.

Please don't give me more work.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 11:40:02 PM »

I don't have time for this.

Please don't give me more work.

Niet tovarisch, rabotai rabotai

Im always wondering about persons digging a 10 year old posts only to troll someone
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 09:51:20 AM »

"I started the s4 wiki in an attempt to change things for the better, and I'm still trying very hard to eliminate the bizarre glass bead trading games that just encouraged irrational behavior and very inefficient and pervasive wheel reinvention. Thankfully Tony agreed with my philosophy when he started this site.

I see there are still some pockets of resistance."

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 01:04:15 PM »

Stop giving me work.

Would you like me to delete posts or not?

Once I start deleting and actively moderating, you'll be included too.

Make up your mind.

You can't have it both ways.

A community self regulates or it does not. If you don't can't comprehend that, you've completely failed to understand what I was saying.

You don't even seem to understand RMS's motivations.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 04:15:35 PM »

Idle bullshit talking about basic vacuum leaks

Thats what needs to be on Page 120 of a Volvo tuning thread.

What an abortion

Nyet prefers having Known Scammers around.
Can't be bothered to do much else besides delete my post.

Guess its easier for him to hide with his cronies.
Abused becomes the abuser.

Might as well delete this entire fuckin site and save the world some trouble.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 04:32:18 PM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 04:51:02 PM »

Stop giving me work to do. I do not want to have to delete posts or move your posts elsewhere.

ECUx Plot

Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 07:59:29 PM »

Stop giving me work to do. I do not want to have to delete posts or move your posts elsewhere.

Moderation implies a biased filter. Implies you have some judgement and a basic sense of decency and Morals.

You're supposed to remove the scams and liars and other gatekeeping individuals -
Not the ones who call you out (for violating your original values.)

There are plenty of people around here who are NOT psychopathic nutcases. Blazius, fukenbroken, b3irb, comes to mind.
They're perfectly reasonable and helpful folk.

This entire place is a dump because you fail to moderate this toxic culture. You still havent fixed the search engine.

How are people supposed to know what FKRMBHNZK stands for? Especially considering there is no public FR repository available for newcomers.
Or would we get more dipfucks threatening lawsuits over intellectual property owned by an auto-manufacturer.,
That kind of shit is unacceptable and completely originated here.

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 08:17:10 PM »

Moderation implies a biased filter. Implies you have some judgement and a basic sense of decency and Morals.

I don't have time for any subjective moderation, as it requires far too much research to do it intelligently. Even worse, if I do it, i have to justify every single ban to a group of fucking whining children. Been there, done that, not doing it here. i'm not going to play kindergarten teacher or mom. Period. Ever.

The only objective moderation I do is where there is a clear (technical) rule violation, e.g. not posting logs etc.

As far as the search goes, i dont have access to any of the forum software, only tony does, and he stopped answering my emails years ago.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: