Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Collaborative development vs proprietary and abandonware software.  (Read 42395 times)
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2022, 09:31:43 AM »

Too long, did not read.

Can you type some more? Cheesy
Don't hold your breath, it's a random troll with a throwaway e-mail provider.
You did read it. You ain't got nothing to say, so you blow it off and act cool.

Here are PRJ's website if anyone wants to pay for his services:
http://tuner.ee
http://esremaps.ee

It's nice to see you now Almost acting helpful on the 6HP thread.
Amazing the change an asshole can bring.

Unlike you, I won't ever get a dime from my efforts, and that's ok. Cause I can't take anything with me, and would rather leave a scar on the community than walk away defeated by you!.
The lies people make to defend their tiny little side hustles is fucked.  I ain't random, and I can throwaway a lot more to hunt assholes down.
Your insecurities and failure to involve the community is the reason I am forced to pop in and out of various forums with burners or VPNs to straighten this shit out. .

@Nyet.
"Ded ass No Cap, fr fr"

I don't believe many people have the concentration and attention to read, not to mention literacy is very slow, and people want examples. Times have changed.
TL;DR, like the unit above.

An on-screen capture with me doing a "first tune" would be much more useful. Posted on Youtube. Talking hands, like This Old Tony. In a language my people can understand.

I have hoarded all the programs I can find, speculating the top tuners like PRJ, and Volvo scammers like guitar24t, contrast, and SparkyR halme s60rr s60rxtreme try to block ban, and take down the files or claim copyrigh, or some other crap. All 3 of those tuners produce Dogshit, but are praised, as they cut off and fuck over any competition. They suck ASS at tuning and scam people, and lie. Man oh man do they lie. The Lie is stronger than the Truth!! Halme is the best liar, writing Fantasy novels that would rival JRR Tolkien. Dude is a drug addict. People lap up his nonsense like candy. Their tuning experience is a damn joke admitted by themselves to NOT be tuners. None of them are tuners. They are programmers who CAN tune, but suck, and the results are unimpressive as can be.

I will have to host it on multiple servers across the world and/or a private FTP servers, and have contacted a video editor and several other Volvo owners who I am working with to eradicate the most current crop of scammers this website generates. They are fucking horrible.

There will be a Giveaway car 2004 S60R and Manual M66 swap kit for the programmer capable of producing an open source Volvo Tuning GUI. I will formally announce the competition once I release the collective repository of the files availalbe at the current time, since many of the Volvo tuners are dead, or have deleted their contribution to cover their tracks. Once again, free car giveaway to ANYONE in the US or Canada, or Mexico, within reason who is willing to compile the half dozen or so tools floating around the net. VW and Audi owners are more than welcome to enter.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 09:35:57 AM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

Guitar24t aka Robert Hilton
SparkyR aka Brandon Halme
Prometey1982 aka Artem Vasiliev
MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
PRJ - Dmitri from Estonia
SparkyR

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2022, 11:58:49 AM »

It's nice to see you now Almost acting helpful on the 6HP thread.
Amazing the change an asshole can bring.

Unlike you, I won't ever get a dime from my efforts, and that's ok. Cause I can't take anything with me, and would rather leave a scar on the community than walk away defeated by you!.
The lies people make to defend their tiny little side hustles is fucked.  I ain't random, and I can throwaway a lot more to hunt assholes down.
Your insecurities and failure to involve the community is the reason I am forced to pop in and out of various forums with burners or VPNs to straighten this shit out. .

@Nyet.
"Ded ass No Cap, fr fr"

I don't believe many people have the concentration and attention to read, not to mention literacy is very slow, and people want examples. Times have changed.
TL;DR, like the unit above.

An on-screen capture with me doing a "first tune" would be much more useful. Posted on Youtube. Talking hands, like This Old Tony. In a language my people can understand.

I have hoarded all the programs I can find, speculating the top tuners like PRJ, and Volvo scammers like guitar24t, contrast, and SparkyR halme s60rr s60rxtreme try to block ban, and take down the files or claim copyrigh, or some other crap. All 3 of those tuners produce Dogshit, but are praised, as they cut off and fuck over any competition. They suck ASS at tuning and scam people, and lie. Man oh man do they lie. The Lie is stronger than the Truth!! Halme is the best liar, writing Fantasy novels that would rival JRR Tolkien. Dude is a drug addict. People lap up his nonsense like candy. Their tuning experience is a damn joke admitted by themselves to NOT be tuners. None of them are tuners. They are programmers who CAN tune, but suck, and the results are unimpressive as can be.

I will have to host it on multiple servers across the world and/or a private FTP servers, and have contacted a video editor and several other Volvo owners who I am working with to eradicate the most current crop of scammers this website generates. They are fucking horrible.

There will be a Giveaway car 2004 S60R and Manual M66 swap kit for the programmer capable of producing an open source Volvo Tuning GUI. I will formally announce the competition once I release the collective repository of the files availalbe at the current time, since many of the Volvo tuners are dead, or have deleted their contribution to cover their tracks. Once again, free car giveaway to ANYONE in the US or Canada, or Mexico, within reason who is willing to compile the half dozen or so tools floating around the net. VW and Audi owners are more than welcome to enter.

I’m here for the giveaway how do I send you my software.

2005 S60R m66, Xona Rotor 7864, turbosmart 45mm wastegate, id1700cc injectors
Geomeo

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2022, 04:10:45 PM »

This part doesn't make sense:

Why would you scar the community? Sounds very violent.  And where are you going that you can't use a dime? 
SparkyR

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2022, 05:26:21 PM »

Unfortunately there’s people that would rather watch the world burn. This is why people are guarded and save there stuff.

You help them out. Reach out to them to assist with setting up a logger for there Audi, tune the car for them after there first attempt was approached by setting ldrxn all to 191. Instead of watching for the changes they decide to insult you,  after warning them that there insults weren’t Going to fly, they continue with insults so you block them. Now your a drug addict that scams people and you are slandered here and elsewhere.

prj

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2022, 09:32:47 PM »

I did not.
Neither of those sites are functional or have anything to do with me.
Didn't read further than the links.

Btw, I don't tune anything since 2.5 years, so no point to ask me for tuning either.
Here's my company though:
www.vehical.net

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2022, 09:01:19 PM »

There is nothing interesting in this thread that I hadn't already observed 20+ years ago, and why the s4 wiki exists in the first place. I joined nef much later.

I thought I could make a difference. I was wrong.

Note that I am generally the sole contributor to the s4 wiki.

Why is that? Lots of people come here to whine and criticize in one way or another, but not a single one has contributed to it

prj at least released a good amount of code to github, and tony did the same for the flasher.

Where is everyone else?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2022, 11:33:12 PM »

Looks like a Trump speech )
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2022, 11:28:47 AM »

Some example of productive work

https://github.com/jmarcgit/me7-tools

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2022, 04:30:50 PM »

SparkyR S60RR S60RXtreme BHalme, Nice of you to join us!
While your entry is compelling, I must ask: Why people who paid you money under the table for a tune are being ghosted? Isn't that kinda like.. Stealing? Or a scam?
Do you operate under your father's company "Design Electric Inc"?
Asking for a friend who was scammed. Looking for a refund from a guy who blocked him.  How many people are on your block list?
You don't get to tell me, or anyone else how to talk. That's BULLshit, and I am not havin it.
It's not slander, if its the truth, Mr. "I smoke weed to see the patterns in maps.
Your prices have begun to exceed Hilton Guitar24T! Are you "better"? Who decides..?

Neither of you are tuners with much experience, if any, outside Bosch systems. Your entire history is easily searchable with dates, so is Hilton's and contrasts. You tell me you stole software. Other people say the same. Why can't we base the conversation around the truth and facts?

Hilton has a company. SteveO tunes for 2 other companies.. contrast doesn't live here, and is a pirate. What about you? Kid scammer?

Talking to you was clearly a waste of time, as you don't listen to, or care about anything other than the world in your head. I let you set it up cause claimed to know it all. Let's see it! I have nothing to gain trying to tell you anything. Deaf ears.
Unable to explain your logic, or listen to my requests. "Don't ask any questions" lol wtf..?  Raising redline on a 240K engine is moronic. My tune ended up working fine after tightening a throttle-body I admittedly left loose!

If I want to raise LDRXN to 9000, I should be able to. I rescaled the axis to accommodate the changes I felt necessary. With the Audi, I can make my own calls. I am not required to defer to your cocky inexperience. You withholding software to limit the market and peddle your tunes isn't admirable. Why have you never released it before?  I am sure you wouldn't release any definitions you got from other people. You spent nearly 30 minutes 2D scrolling shit and defined 1... 1 map.. There is no way you made yourself at that pace. You are most definately standing on the shoulders of giants. Take take take, but fail to give back...

If you want the car, you will have to wait. Make a youtube video of the GUI, and source code so others can continue to work on it when you abandon the community. It should work better than Tonys half-baked Audi flasher.
04-07 P2Rs, no Volcano XOR encrypted horse crap, or leaving the CEM without. We all know the CEM must be modified in these cars. An SKC/PIN/Immo/Eeprom page would be great as well.

@Geomeo I have a bunch of health issues in my family and don't see the longest future for myself. Having to hunt for little crumbs of shit to make a functional flasher/logger program wastes my time and my life. It has already been done. Several times by several people. I want to tune my Volvo, share definitions and assembly patches, and allow the thousands of other capable tuners to do the same. I should just "Write my own program".. Ok. Thanks guys.. There is not a set tuning strategy that is best. Every person should have the ability to take a swing at their engine/car. When you watch NHRA, they talk endlessly about the Tune this, and Tune that,. They all tune differently, and theres no reason to believe the select clowns who hoarde the program are Any better than people who are not allowed access! Since when is gate keeping admired?

I need the community to know the truth when tuners are being scammers and producing junk. It's not right. In todays culture, people would rather save face, and talk behind each others back. People are scared of his blind nutswingers, or being ganged up on by a peanut gallery. "Tuners are all perfect"  I'm not about that! I will speak up for the hundred of people to scared to. Because they are worried that little group of Volvo tuners will exile somebody and their build,  and ruin a persons car/dream/hobby. Because of selfish politics. Thats not right. " I got ghosted because I asked my tuner XYZ. Now I am out $1500, the car runs like crap, and don't know who to call"

I bet all these 3-4 clowns text each other and are just talking non-stop about this "One Guy" and how they should all band together and not release the software.
What will you do when somebody else asks for software? Ban them too?
What about the next guy? Fuck him as well? Should we all write 100 bullshit copies of the same software and pass around shit definitions? Apparently thats what you want? ..?

Thing is, It's not one guy.. There are plenty of me, and I can only hope more will speak up!, seeing I am willing to put myself out there and get "Neg rep" (lol) by you people, who - while having more experience, have found no compassion in your heart for the community!

@prj.. Maybe you need a more original Acronym! I don't know what you are contributing to this thread. If you don't read it, and have nothing to contribute but negativity... then what are you getting at? You are angry and smart, maybe it's fuel to be productive. Your post history is more Sassy than mine, and I admire your grumpy participation.
You would do better with a Grumpy Cat avatar

@Fukenbroken. Thank you very much. As Former president of the United states, and modern cult leader, I feel honored!

@Nyet. I have downloaded nearly everything with the term Me7 Tune Vw Audi Volvo Checksum Sa2 and all other linked forked libraries and packing it into one file. I hope nobody else has to waste this much of their life again.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:17:41 PM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2022, 04:46:34 PM »

Public code, unencumbered documentation or GTFO

everything else is just words and off topic for this thread. Scammers are dime a dozen; we're not going to solve this here. And we know they will never publish anything of any real use.

Talking to you was clearly a waste of time, as you don't listen to, or care about anything other than the world in your head.

hm.

Anyway, you're not winning any allies or convincing anyone of anything here.

May want to reconsider your messaging. Not that myself or prj are any better at it, of course.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 04:49:56 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

SparkyR

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2022, 05:14:52 PM »

Qoute.
If I want to raise LDRXN to 9000, I should be able to.

The problem I seen with your attempt with this was that as I had mentioned to you that the ecm has positive and negative deviation that will force the ecm into limp mode. I’ve found monitoring the load that the turbo is able to produce and replicate this but slightly increased.

Also another  issue is that changes were made without logging. A butt dyno isn’t a great method to test a tune.

The software I use is just a complied version of promoteys flasher /logger with guitar24t checksum added. These are both located in the Volvo me7 forum

As I’ve mentioned many times motronic isn’t something you learn over night as I’m still learning stuff 4 years in. Best advice I can give you is built your self an bench flasher as everyone here has done. Learn the basics first and build on that. Please move on if your going to just slander me if you have beef with me this can be handled personally this isn’t the place. You are just going to make your self look stupid to a room of people that don’t care

This forum is a great tool for when you get stuck tuning your own car.

I’ll happily send you my compiled version of the flasher. This will not get you past all the work. You still have build yourself a xdf file for your specific car, a datalogging parameter for your specific car. This is not easy and it’s not a one size fits all kind of thing like you’re looking for there’s many different software versions that Volvo uses based off can speed, make, model of car, and original. So messages me personally if you want the software. But your work begins from there.

I’ve also purchased winols, tuner pro rt and mega log viewer this may help you out
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:44:39 PM by SparkyR » Logged

Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2022, 08:44:28 PM »

Why would I message you personally?
Post whatever it is you have to post! Otherwise you are simply using other peoples work, that I already have. Prometey posted his flasher.
I have read every one of his posts. Every post from Guitar24t, and downloaded everything they ever posted.

You are literally using shit the thread is titled about.

Who does it take 4 years for? A well experienced tuner?
You come from nothing, using other peoples work, and sell it as your own.
Why do you get to decide how slow or fast somebody learns? That is absolutely Mental.

Who gives a shit how I look. Call me Stupid. I am not here to practice manners, or blow smoke up your ass.
I don't take other people's money running an illegal scheme.

If you were a community driven individual, you would start work on a repository for these definitions that OTHERS CAN BUILD ON.
When everyone works by themselves, progress is SEVERELY retarded.. 10 posts from you. Most are in here.

This is why civilization works. People work together for the greater good. You are refusing to be part of the community!
And since nobody wants to break the ice, it keeps falling down a deeper hole.

The only reason there is "Work" for me,  is because You, and other people are selfish and unhelpful. Because you are Greedy.

Whats really fucked about the definition file issue..  "secret handshake" bullshit, is that the definitions dont make the tune.
You could give us all your definitions, and your tune "Should" still sell itself. If I am so fucking stupid, and it takes SOOO long to learn. (I have read your horseshit you post on FB), then I shouldnt be able to produce a tune better than yours even with the definitions..
No..?

Do the definitions make the tune? Or your ability to edit them in a productive way.. Which again takes SOOO long to learn according to you... Who must be a very slow learner.

You should be selling your tunes the way you think is best, and I can sell my tunes the way I think is best, and see whos car goes faster.
Instead, you would rather kneecap my ability to edit the car because of how slow of a learner you are, and how long it took you, I should not be able to edit my car in a timely manner.

Sounds bitter and Vengeful and nasty, don't you think?
Why you gate-keeping? Retarding my life. 

When I cant hold the steering wheel steady, or use a mouse in a few years, I will be thanking you for delaying my progress.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:51:02 PM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2022, 09:03:53 PM »

I don't understand what you think you are going to accomplish here.

ECUx Plot

Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2022, 09:45:22 PM »

I am expressing myself in the off-topic section.

Proprietary and abandonware software is being used in predatory business and scam tactics.
Dont even get me started on "Stages"..
Many of them came from this website
Biggest example is the Volvo ME7 community

Lack of Collaborative development wastes my life, other people's lives, retards the community, reduces competition and accountability by gatekeeping information, and feeds into the above.

"I'm getting too old for this shit" - Literally.

I am unable to express myself with the Volvo, despite many people having disassembled, passed around, and dealt with all of these bins.
The people with the definitions are sour and refuse to share them. I believe I can tune my vehicles better than Anyone available to rip me off.

That pisses me off, I think its fucked up and should not be condoned.

Sell the tune,
Share the defs - They should all be community projects.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 09:55:24 PM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2022, 09:47:59 PM »

I am expressing myself in the off-topic section. Seeing if freedom of speech exists anywhere on the internet.

I'm one of the last that actually tolerates quite a bit of different sorts of behavior.

Not a fan of censorship of any kind.

And ideologically, we actually agree anyway. Just not sure where this can go.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: