Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Collaborative develpment vs proprietary and abandonware software.  (Read 22935 times)
Geomeo

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2022, 05:53:20 PM »

I've never read the Bible and never will so idk.
and that's a fair claim.

I'm a rather low key person and am trying to get into some self tuning out of curiosity.
I got my hands on winols and was trying to find some definitions.
my search for months found nothing and I've seen replies to people asking and it went no where.

because of Vollmer I finally got sent some definitions

I don't care for his run on rants but growing up in the internet troll era it honestly didn't faze me and I saw through it.
think of this what you will tho.
Well that just says to me definition file has been withheld from the community.  For Months....And why have you not learned how to make your own definition file anyway?  Waiting around for someone to hand you something on a silver platter doesn't always work. 

Geomeo

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2022, 06:38:19 PM »

He's passionate and angry at the state of the tuning industry (and community). He's not wrong.

Like prj, his messaging just does himself a disservice.

Well yeah there are people who could give back instead of take take take etc, but I don't think posting on here is going to do much good though not the way he coming across.  Maybe he should present his evidence on YouTube or something.  In a calm rational.   There's a guy that does glitter bomb work on people who steal packages and scam old ladies.  It might be an idea to follow that lead sort of thing. He's got like 60 million views.  He presented his evidence, engineered his own camera package device told people what to expect and here's how to avoid etc etc. 

After you read some of prj's post you realize he always means well.  I mean yeah nobody likes being told they're completely wrong or that they f'd it up.  With no other solution than "pay a real tuner who can tune".  Buuuut it sound like he trying to stop an engine from exploding and stopping people from wasting their money, so I don't think that's a bad thing.  Can't tell if he ever angry either.  Hard to tell with text.
s60rawr

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2022, 09:42:41 PM »

Well that just says to me definition file has been withheld from the community.  For Months....And why have you not learned how to make your own definition file anyway?  Waiting around for someone to hand you something on a silver platter doesn't always work. 

sorry, running through assembly code Is not quite my thing.
I'm still gathering info and learning.

Geomeo

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2022, 05:25:11 PM »

sorry, running through assembly code Is not quite my thing.
I'm still gathering info and learning.

On yonder hill there stood a coo.  It must've moved coz it's no there noo.  Is about all I'm going to say on that.....
s60rawr

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2022, 03:12:59 PM »

derp
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:55:08 AM by s60rawr » Logged
Geomeo

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2022, 08:21:18 PM »

so after doing some digging and acquiring tools
I've come to the conclusion that people have forked their own software suite from what was previously open source by assume the deceased dream3r and y'all have put it behind some license encryption bullshit
man, y'all a bunch of losers lol
like fr
y'all make me wanna go head on with a fucking 20 ton dump truck.
ya make me sick
I'd pay 10x what it cost to get a half ass tune from Halme or Hilton to release this shit and keep it open source
pathetic.
the worst part is ..
everyone is okay with this

I just wanna be able to dump my bin unencrypted and fuck with it and if I blow my shit up y'all can laugh idc
it be worth it to me.
keep this shit open source....
proprietary bs doesn't help anyone nor push the envelope forward
get your heads out of your arrogant asses  and be humble for once.
thanks.....
What is the part # of your ECU...?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: