Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bosch M2.10.3 Trigger angle  (Read 4840 times)
FritzP

« on: May 03, 2017, 09:01:02 AM »

I am about to fit a M2.10.3 ecu from Alfa to an engine which need different triggersetup than Alfa.
On the Alfa engine engine TDC are on the 15. tooth after 2 missing tooth.
The engine I am about to build have TDC on the 20. tooth after 2 missing tooth.
There is internal triggerwheel, and difficult to alter.
Does anyone know wether this can be changed in software.
I have the ecu set up on bench with triggerinput, diagnostic equipment, Ostrich2 and scope.
I have tried altering of the parameters in parameter area, but to no effect.
I have no experience with disassembly, but I think this is the way to go for this issue.
Does anyone have some input here.
I post the file here.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:02:48 AM by FritzP » Logged
d0xx

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 05:58:06 PM »

I think, i cant help you at your car, but if you have any information about that ecu post it, and maybe its easier to find someone who can help you.

Pictures or informations about the processor, mappacks, locations, .. Only some input from me, but as sayd on this special ECU i cant help you, even with the informations above.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »

I think, i cant help you at your car, but if you have any information about that ecu post it, and maybe its easier to find someone who can help you.

Pictures or informations about the processor, mappacks, locations, .. Only some input from me, but as sayd on this special ECU i cant help you, even with the informations above.

Thank you for answer. I post here a WinOLS mappack I have.
Processor are Intel SAB80C517.
skolotoi

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 03:04:32 AM »

This can be changed in software definitely, a have done this several times, especially in Alfa - FIAT Motronics M2.10.3 and M2.10.4.
Have done a lot of disassembly on this Motronics beside the Audi M2.3 and M2.3.2 in the past years.

The file you posted is for a 80C517A microcontroller (Siemens B58657 or B58468, PLCC84). Only half is used, 0-7FFFh.
In this file the basic trigger angle from which the ignition is calculated is at 78 degrees. And is located in code, so not easy to find without disassembly.
The change of this basic trigger is global, like turning a distributor on older engines.
Your engine needs 108 degrees, right? 20. tooth - 15. tooth = 5 teeth.  5 x 6 degrees/tooth = 30 degrees difference.
What W__OLS version is used for the mappack?
Is it a H4 boxer engine? Where on the planet are you located? You can PM me.
dj_o

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »

The answer's GDWRT, in crank degrees. Factor 0.75x
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: