Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: LC/NLS  (Read 13698 times)
dimitry00

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2019, 05:39:22 AM »

try flashing 363908 file on your ecu

there is a damos/mappack available

why should i flash that file i just need my file tuned with launch control and hard cut
IamwhoIam

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2019, 06:34:48 AM »

I think you didn't get the fact that this purpose of this forum is not for people to come on and request for others to tune their files, but to learn how an ECU works and to do the tune themselves. You may find someone who will do your tune for you here, but most of the users here aren't here to spoon feed n00bz like you who get on here and just ask for a ready product.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Blazius

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2019, 10:36:09 AM »

why should i flash that file i just need my file tuned with launch control and hard cut

If you "need" that then go to the services subforum.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »

Merged with the master moron thread.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RBPE

« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2019, 11:22:51 PM »

Merged with the master moron thread.

Shocked
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:00:39 AM by RBPE » Logged
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2019, 04:40:36 AM »

Hello there, let me introduce myself. I got my first car a year ago, a 1.8 125hp leon 1m. I liked it a lot and decided to save up for a nice 1.8T 1M which i have now. The car had been chipped by two local dutch companies before, both of which i have the dyno runs. It puts down around 260HP which is plenty for an FWD car imo. Anyway, i got totally hooked on the idea of tuning my own car. I have some experience with programming (HTML5, PHP, C#) so i figured i could learn this aswell. I started doing a lot of research and got into "tuning" some stock ECU files i'd gotten off the internet just for the purpose of learning. Now i ofcourse also came across this amazing website which has tons and tons of useful information.

Anyway, last week i read some stuff about the apparantly very popular LC/NLS/2step script. So i decided to get more into it and read about the subject, pro's and con's and so on you guys probably know alot more than i do. I read my ECU bin using a Kess V2, no problems there. Then i proceeded to add the launch.php script also no problems there, and finally corrected the checksums as one should. It all seemed to be perfectly fine and i checked the file in a hex editor and didn't see anything that looked extremely unusual to me *im still a noob on the subject though*.

Also i used both a MPPS device and KESS v2 to read the ECU just to be certain the two files were equal.

Now when i decided to flash my car i took all the correct precautions, disabled all possible electronics and hooked up a battery charger to the car and to my laptop. Now strangely when i wanted to flash the new file it failed at just 2% into the flash and i followed the next steps KSuite gave me. I thought i'd totally messed up my ECU but strangely my car still functions completely fine even though the flash failed. (Requesting ID and Reading the ECU before was no problem though).

Now my question is if there is anyone who can help me in the right direction into what possibly might have gone wrong. Im not asking anyone to modify the BIN for me because i really just want to learn how to do it properly myself. Right now i don't really want to try again considering i might just brick my ECU alltogether.

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. (If requested i could add my original file and the edited one) if that might help into finding what went wrong.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2019, 09:57:54 AM »

Merged with master NLS/LC thread.

Ditch NLS/LC unless you are able to do the ASM patches yourself, from scratch.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2019, 07:06:53 AM »

Merged with master NLS/LC thread.

Ditch NLS/LC unless you are able to do the ASM patches yourself, from scratch.

Very well, i am interested in doing so myself. I don't understand why such a script is "popular" when many people discourage you from using it.

Nevertheless where would one start on doing manual patches?

Is it as simple as just blindly following this thread
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=607.0title=
and adding the exact same changes or is there more to it if so would you have any sources where i can learn more about it
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »

Very well, i am interested in doing so myself. I don't understand why such a script is "popular" when many people discourage you from using it.

Because the demographic that desperately wants NLS/LC for free generally isn't smart enough to listen. I don't know how on earth you suggest me changing that.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2019, 01:21:07 PM »

Is it as simple as just blindly following this thread
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=607.0title=
and adding the exact same changes or is there more to it if so would you have any sources where i can learn more about it

The first page of this thread has links to what you are looking for. Be advised, it isn't easy to get right.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: