Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Baseline- 1.8t, gt2860rs, 83mm pistons  (Read 12452 times)
_nameless

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 06:22:54 AM »

Try unpluging the maf and see if idle clears up. If it does you have a intake path / maf issue.

Pics of your setup would help too. What ku d of dump valve are you using? Do you have it plumbed into some kind of turbo inlet pipe?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
golfputtputt

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »

Ok so unplug the maf, check if idle smooths, compression test, leakdown test, pressure test the charge piping (i always forget about those tests).

I’m running a TFSI electronic solenoid VTA BOV so it only opens upon accelerator pedal lift (not under intake vacuum like a pneumatic BOV would). I used to think this was the leak a little while ago but i put the oem pneumatic diverter valve back in place, cleared DTC’s and the code came back.

I have not upgraded my maf housing yet (will need to eventually) i have not upgraded my injectors yet (will need to) all sensors are oem and are in the percieved oem locations, ie: map is after intercooler but before throttle plate. Maf is before turbo, n75 is plumbed to pressure pipe, TIP amd wastegate actuator. Wastegate actuator (turbosmart) has oem pressure spring in it (7psi) oem injectors, oem iat sensor, after throttle plate, in plenum, etc.

Here’s the setup:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/cus1m
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:32:25 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 07:08:35 PM »

This may have had something to do with the weirdness, although I haven't had time to test it, its very cold and snowy out here.

My primary wideband o2 was in a bung in the downpipe, that was almost facing downwards (damn chinese $100 downpipes) so condensation may have been pooling inside the baffle housing of the sensor. I moved it up next to the turbo to the new bungs facing upward and it seems things are running a tad smoother from feel.

will confirm later.
_nameless

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »

tune the car mafless or have the dv dump back into the tip

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
golfputtputt

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »

tune the car mafless or have the dv dump back into the tip

I would love to properly tune the MAF out, I've been studying how to for a while now but have come to no comfortable conclusion yet. I'm not sure if I'm educated enough on the limitations, perimeters and potential of ME7.5 yet to be able to do it, unless you can clue me in to something you know that could give me an edge.  Wink Wink Wink Tongue

I hear some people (Prj is one i know of) run it with a map sensor pre and post throttle body (two map sensors)? How do people calibrate for this? Can this compensate for temp changes in some way/emulate true speed density?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:45:33 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 10:47:38 PM »

How do people calibrate for this? Can this compensate for temp changes in some way/emulate true speed density?

1) all this MAFless talk is insanely naive
2) WTF BOV to atmo? Really? Cmon.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 05:26:42 AM »

1) all this MAFless talk is insanely naive
2) WTF BOV to atmo? Really? Cmon.

1: yea i wasnt really serious about that undertaking.
2: could you explain a bit more on the symptoms of the loss of metered air and are they apparent in my logs because i’m not seeing an issue other than my dtc and that dtc comes back with recirc. I understand that a loss of metered air could create a rich condition after shifting back into gear and accelerating. Do i have that right? Am i not looking at the correct data that reflects this?
adam-

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 05:50:28 AM »

FVPDKLDUS?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 02:03:30 PM »

1: yea i wasnt really serious about that undertaking.
2: could you explain a bit more on the symptoms of the loss of metered air and are they apparent in my logs because i’m not seeing an issue other than my dtc and that dtc comes back with recirc. I understand that a loss of metered air could create a rich condition after shifting back into gear and accelerating. Do i have that right? Am i not looking at the correct data that reflects this?

Not just shifting. Any off throttle, even during part throttle application.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 06:47:47 AM »

Not just shifting. Any off throttle, even during part throttle application.

I’ll reiterate, electronic BOV. So only opens upon a negative pedal % change of an amount i forget (i calibrated it a while ago).

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/cus1m

But yes, it does release the backpressure of air as it builds up against the closed throttle plate. When the bov closes and the engine begins to reingest that air, yea it’s missing an amount that was metered (not sure how much precisely) but that loss is not reflected in my AFR’s so i’m perplexed. (And if it is, please point it out to me because my eyes and inexperience are missing it)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:50:21 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 07:03:35 AM »

Heres the kicker. With stock maf and injectors regardless of over bore ajd intake manifild volume the car should run just fine and lambda reg sgould be within 5% at idle. Your dump valve isnt plumbed right and you know thst but continue to argue that is fine. What kind of magic answer are you looking for? I said before install the dump back into the the turbo inlet or tune the car mafless. Its really not as hard as some make it out to be

golfputtputt

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »

Heres the kicker. With stock maf and injectors regardless of over bore ajd intake manifild volume the car should run just fine and lambda reg sgould be within 5% at idle. Your dump valve isnt plumbed right and you know thst but continue to argue that is fine. What kind of magic answer are you looking for? I said before install the dump back into the the turbo inlet or tune the car mafless. Its really not as hard as some make it out to be

no I understand, I'm not arguing, this is peaceful and primarily educational. If I am informed, I can make better decisions, I'm learning every day and I hope others can also learn from the [hopefully more than] turd threads I start. I'm just looking for evidence because connecting the dots between hardware changes and software evidence is easier when I can see it in a graph or when someone points my head at it and screams HERE IT IS! (lol sorry about this, that's just how I need to operate)

But currently, without any fueling calibration whatsoever, the car FEELS pretty good. Apart from block 033 which I don't fully understand yet, I believe block 032 STFT and LTFT's were both aprox 2.4-3% fluctuation (need to check again).

But reiterating, I know my BOV, electric or not, is releasing metered air at times that it should not and constructing an ideal fuel injection system with a draw through MAF would require this to be rectified, I don't believe my idle hunting is related to this however. Knowing and seeing the evidence of what a VTA BOV is causing to ECU is important to me, because cause and effect is how I can learn.

Also relating to MAFless, the execution through ME 7.5? totally over my head right now. The principles of why alpha-n is not a good idea and TRUE speed density is? I get. I'm not sure anyone here has published openly a calibration strategy for atmospheric temperature influenced or true VE map speed density modified ME 7.5 yet, so I'm waiting for that. In the meantime, I'll continue studying.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:14:40 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »

I'm not sure anyone here has published openly a calibration strategy for atmospheric temperature influenced or true VE map speed density modified ME 7.5 yet, so I'm waiting for that. In the meantime, I'll continue studying.

Because it simply isn't worth doing. There is absolutely zero advantage to speed density over MAF/torque based EFI (let alone BOV to atmo, which you were told from the VERY START is a bad idea), unless you have severe packaging restrictions.

If you really want speed density, go standalone and call it a day.

Have fun calibrating part throttle!

I really don't understand why you insist on complicating your build where it isn't necessary, especially since you don't have the experience or knowledge to make it work.

The excuse of "I just want to learn" is bull. You need to learn the basics first. Do that with a simple build, if only to eliminate possible sources of problems. At your level, it will prove impossible to make head or tail of any issues you come across if you stack one unknown on top of another. It is pure insanity.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:22:37 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: