Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: How to find which error class corresponds to a DTC read by OBD  (Read 197157 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2016, 10:34:55 AM »

I feel as though maybe this thread should be closed. There is rarely (I want to say never) a reason to disable a DTC via error class. Everything is configurable on these ecus. EVERYTHING from crash signals to CAN reception. CLAxxx hacks are old/have no place in the new world order we're working on here.

With that said, I actually used this the other day to ENABLE an error path that was omitted from a particular SW version.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2016, 10:35:20 AM »

DO NOT BLINDLY ZERO ERROR CLASSES! Almost every DTC can be prevented by editing the appropriate maps. This is a last resort, or, alternately, if you wish to generate a DTC which is already disabled.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: