Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: E45: 50/50 mix of E85 and Premium Pump Gas = > Near Full Benefits of Running E85  (Read 11701 times)
em.Euro.R18

I've been running e45 mix in my mk4 Golf 30r setup for the last year gen2 1000ccinj, stock intank, 044 inside an IE surge inline. No ill results here other than the losing 10-15mpg. Running close to MBT timing with no timing pull here!
EuroXs4

Hate to bump a old thread but I came across something very interesting recently. So my findings were the following the flex fuel sensor the one I tested at least from continental  technically only checks conductivity of the fuel adding water to the fuel will fool the sensor in to thinking it has more ethanol than is actually has. I have tested this on the bench with regular water and got a reading of E100 when it was just water. So unless you buying your e85 in  drums always make sure to take a sample and watch is separate.
vwaudiguy

Hate to bump a old thread but I came across something very interesting recently. So my findings were the following the flex fuel sensor the one I tested at least from continental  technically only checks conductivity of the fuel adding water to the fuel will fool the sensor in to thinking it has more ethanol than is actually has. I have tested this on the bench with regular water and got a reading of E100 when it was just water. So unless you buying your e85 in  drums always make sure to take a sample and watch is separate.

Definitely going to test this. Thanks for the heads up!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
EuroXs4

Definitely going to test this. Thanks for the heads up!

Please do and report with findings. I would assume when buying e85 at the pump with tank below ground especially in the summer your gonna have more moisture in the fuel so technically I feel like it will be off more in the warm weather months rather than cold, but then again it depends on how much moisture is in the fuel tank below ground to begin with. I am curious if anyone else comes up with the same results. Also what flexfuel sensors are you guys using??
BlackT

There was test posted years ago
https://youtu.be/XEPJo1FN32k
woj

Precisely, old news. As for the sensor, effectively there is only one that is useful / reliable enough, the one from GM. (It is actually more than just a sensor, I think it has some meaningful circuitry in there).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: