Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Haldex CAN IDs  (Read 12356 times)
sparrowdclxvi

« on: May 31, 2017, 02:50:50 AM »

Hi all

I'm playing around with Haldex controllers. I built a manual controller using and Arduino, which connects directly to the stepper motor and thermistor.
However, I now want to use the OEM controller.

I know the ECU send the RPM, TPS and Load values on the CAN BUS, but I don't know enough German to work out which are the correct CAN packets.
I have the funktionsrahmen, so if anyone knows the name of the CAN packet, or the ID, that would be much appreciated.
sparrowdclxvi

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 01:34:34 PM »

Anyone?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »

page ~1666 (scroll up a bit, just because its easy to remember) you found can-bus id`s for interesting params
sparrowdclxvi

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 05:53:56 AM »

Thanks, I know they're there. I've lost many hours of my life using Google to translate the names, but that's very hit and miss.
I was hoping someone knew RPM was "Insert german word for RPM", and also for throttle position.

The third one is a bit harder, as I just know it's a load representation, but I don't know what the range is.
You don't get if you don't ask.  Smiley
IamwhoIam

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:06:15 AM »

I suggest we add a new section to this forum named "how to use google properly"

just FYI

https://translate.google.com/#en/de/engine%20speed

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
sparrowdclxvi

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 03:36:28 PM »

Thanks, that actually helps massively.
jochen_145

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 02:02:05 AM »

If you still need a german translation, just shoot me a PN Wink
sparrowdclxvi

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »

Thanks, I think I have what I need, but will PM you if required.
Mikhail

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »

I don't know can ID, but I have a question about gen 2 pressure limitation valve. Looks that the 100 bar is not enough and haldex slips at launch, have you sparrowdclxvi knowledge about rising max pressure?
sparrowdclxvi

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 01:36:00 AM »

I don't know can ID, but I have a question about gen 2 pressure limitation valve. Looks that the 100 bar is not enough and haldex slips at launch, have you sparrowdclxvi knowledge about rising max pressure?

I can't help with that, as I'm not using Haldex at the moment. If that is what happens, it sounds like a built in mechanical protection mechanism. Launch would have the highest load on the Haldex, so some mechanical protection would make sense.

I've built a standalone controller using an Arduino connected directly to the stepper motor, which works, but doesn't use the original electronics at all.
I'll be using this in a race car at some point, but not until the end of next year at the earliest. Only then will I be able to measure where it slips.
Depending on what else the OEM controller requires, I may or may not use it when I get there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: