Pages: [1]
Author Topic: moates roadrunner on me7.1 no connection in vcds  (Read 4860 times)
pizzaschnitzer

« on: June 07, 2017, 09:09:06 AM »

Dear Guys

i bought a roadrunner guts kit and after a first defective unit and exchange from moates, ive a working unit.

the unit works and verifies in tuner pro and emutility both.
the file is changed if i change any part in the file with hex editor, it will be changed thrugh the emutility.

BUT: the roadrunner is connected to an me7.1 from AJK engine (4b0907551F, 1024kb) and with his file in the emulator, the vcds does not answers (no connection to control unit-error after some attempts)
if i change the ecu to a different one. 4z7907551S, N or some from an RS6, the connections works.

i checked the soldering from the mount hub many times, every pin seems correct, the byteswap-board is mounted, no shorts are viewable on every connection pin.

pin1 from roadrunner is on pin1 from the byteswap, pin1 from byteswap is on pin1 from the ecu 29f800FF slot.
the error is the same with and without byteswap board.

even with ecu on or of flashed emulator, the error is the same.

the ecu worked before i unsoldered the flash memory.

does anybody has still an idea?

logically it must be on the connection, but... i bricked an ecu before on desoldering the wrong way, learned from it and made it precicely on any pin. can i test my connection port on the ecu in any way?

mabe i solder the flashmemory back to the ecu.

best regards with hearts for your help!!!
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »

If you're trying this on a bench, make sure pin 121 has 12v+.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
littco

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 02:17:52 AM »

Dear Guys

i bought a roadrunner guts kit and after a first defective unit and exchange from moates, ive a working unit.

the unit works and verifies in tuner pro and emutility both.
the file is changed if i change any part in the file with hex editor, it will be changed thrugh the emutility.

BUT: the roadrunner is connected to an me7.1 from AJK engine (4b0907551F, 1024kb) and with his file in the emulator, the vcds does not answers (no connection to control unit-error after some attempts)
if i change the ecu to a different one. 4z7907551S, N or some from an RS6, the connections works.

i checked the soldering from the mount hub many times, every pin seems correct, the byteswap-board is mounted, no shorts are viewable on every connection pin.

pin1 from roadrunner is on pin1 from the byteswap, pin1 from byteswap is on pin1 from the ecu 29f800FF slot.
the error is the same with and without byteswap board.

even with ecu on or of flashed emulator, the error is the same.

the ecu worked before i unsoldered the flash memory.

does anybody has still an idea?

logically it must be on the connection, but... i bricked an ecu before on desoldering the wrong way, learned from it and made it precicely on any pin. can i test my connection port on the ecu in any way?

mabe i solder the flashmemory back to the ecu.

best regards with hearts for your help!!!

On my Roadrunner/ecu I run a wire from the ecu directly to a separate obd plug which I use soley for kline logging..
pizzaschnitzer

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 09:02:10 AM »

If you're trying this on a bench, make sure pin 121 has 12v+.

i tried now another ecu
and added the 121 pin on 12v from my desk.

still does not work.

but mabe this helps: with a regular ecu on the plug, the vcds connects immediately, with the emulator ecu, the vcds falls in "no answer from programm" before the "no connection" window occurs.

wanna solve this problem for mapping my car... :-/
pizzaschnitzer

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 02:27:42 AM »

Good News

i now connected the roadrunner directly on the port, pushed the file through the winendian byteswapper and the VCDS connects properly and all functions ar working.

can anybody tell me know how i can byteswap the xdf file for correct modification in the tuner pro.

thank you very much!!!!
focalpoint519

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 11:34:41 PM »

Did you end up getting this working the way you wanted?
pizzaschnitzer

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »

today i got the rr working.

the me7.1.1 is 4z7907551S with 551N Data on it so far.
the eeprom data is 95p08, not 95040, there was an death code in it. i managed it and the file needs to be endianed.

actual

551s ecu
roadrunner direct on it
tuner pro (normal)
file save
checksum.bat (i made myself)
winendian swap
emutility for checking the file and uploading.
the car runs on the modified ecu with or without usb connection like normal.

last problem is: how to change the coding from allroad automatic (the regular 551s coding) to a6 mt6. Login? that i will try next.

i changed krkte while running and view the lambdaregulation in vcds working.
now i can change the parameter i want to.

me7 logger needs to run at next, until now it doest love me ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: