Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TunerPro Map Definitions for Fuel, Boost, Timing, and MAF scaling  (Read 13097 times)
boomerro

MAP DESCRIPTIONS

FUEL
For stage 1-2+, adjusting fueling isn't technically necessary; however, a bit of extra fuel via KFLDBTS isn't such a bad idea if you are running pump gas and a bunch of extra boost.

Start with this to get your WOT AFR to roughly match your requested AFR. If you are using stock injectors and fuel pump, you should not have to touch this.
"Conversion of relative fuel mass (rk) to effective injector on time (te)" - primary fueling

There are two ways to adjust requested AFR:
"Desired Lambda for component protection" - requested lambda for component protection when calculated EGT is above "EGT threshold for component protection" (may require a lower "EGT threshold for component protection" if your MAF is not 100% compensated for in "Linearization of MAF voltage")
"Lambda - driver desired" - requested lambda when calculated EGT is below "EGT threshold for component protection"

BOOST

the ME7.1 ecu doesn't really have a "boost" table. It does everything based on "specified load". Requested boost is roughly 10*(spec load)+300mbar.  Most of what im going to work off will be in mbar or bar, converting it all to psi would just take to much time.

First, make sure the 100% pedal position requests enough load:
"Engine load desired" - specified load

Specified load/boost will never exceed these limits:
"Maximum specified load" - maximum specified load
"LDR altitude limitation (maximum pressure ratio)" - maximum requested pressure ratio

Specifically, on a full throttle pull, your boost profile will follow "maximum specified load". K03s and K04s have some severe flow limitations, so unlike big turbos, you will want your boost to taper (not ramp up) to redline.

IAT effect on requested boost
ME7.1 will adjust the specified load limit depending on IATs. As IAT's go up, ME7.1 brings the max boost up a bit so that the driver can't tell that the car is slow in hot weather. It can do this because the stock boost curve is relatively conservative, and there is plenty of headroom. At some point, if IATs go high enough, max specified load is pulled to prevent knock:

"Maximum specified load IAT correction factor map" - IAT correction for maximum specified load

However, if you are running a lot of boost, and always want maximum performance, there is no point in increasing boost when it is hot, let alone reducing boost when it is cold. Also, as IATs rise, even with a perfectly flat KFTARX and LDIATA (see below), you will see more requested boost because the ECU knows that a higher P/R is required for a given cylinder fill (PV=nRT for you thermodynamics nerds out there). It is unknown if there is a table for that calculation. To compensate, you may want to taper KFTARX across the board as IATs rise to keep your requested boost sane. In particular, be aware that the maximum requested boost is slightly above the maximum MAP reading.

TIMING

When running elevated boost on pump gas, you will have to significantly cut requested timing to prevent timing retard. Keep your worst case correction factors in the single digits, and always carefully monitor your knock voltages when tuning your timing.

"Ignition angle map"/"Ignition angle map (variant 2)" - primary timing maps. (ME7.1 has a two point variable cam timing system; there is a table for each cam timing state)

If you did not fully "correct" your MAF using "Linearization of MAF voltage" make sure you do a lot of logging to see where the various load points are and how much timing ME7.1 is pulling due to knock activity. Most likely, you will have to adjust the entire map. If you did correct your MAF, you can probably leave most of the timing table alone, except at very high load.

MAF

"Linearization of MAF voltage" - compensating for MAF housing diameter (note-sometime when selecting this table in tunerpro, the program crashes)[/quote]

The goal of this site is to openly discuss ME7 tuning and promote good practices.
DavidG60

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 02:19:49 AM »

Thanks  Wink

FUEL
a bit of extra fuel via KFLDBTS

I can't find a map called KFLDBTS. Are you sure about that?
Tifon

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »

At least on the med9.1 exists and it works well  Grin
boomerro

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

Thanks  Wink

FUEL
a bit of extra fuel via KFLDBTS

I can't find a map called KFLDBTS. Are you sure about that?

opps thats supposed to be "Desired Lambda for component protection"

The goal of this site is to openly discuss ME7 tuning and promote good practices.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: