Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: A4 B6 1.8tq k04 tune  (Read 18930 times)
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 07:12:22 AM »

Where you want to start is your choice. Youre asking for input well heres my 2€. Use the group in file as a base and tune for larger injectors. Lower imx as Nye said and start from there. Not all 518ak files are the same i think 4 versions? So not all of the maps line up with other versions and you wont be able to use missmatch map pack / files. The main reason im saying to start with the group-in rom is it comes with the right map pack for the file. If you want to use 440cc injectors you can port tvub from the 440 file and calc krkre.

Thanks. Im getting there.. Slowly :') Im using the stock AMB ecu file  (8E0909518AK_368072_NEF_STG_1_Stock.bin) and comparing it to the 440cc stg 1 file because I have no idea what the values should be. When you say port tvub i guess you mean copy over the injection time offset from the 440 file. I still dont see why I cant copy both tvub and krkre values over but maybe i just havent read enough on s4 tuning wiki. I thought of flashing the stage 1 440 file straight over my tuned ecu and then logging it with me7logger (which i currently cant do because i dont have my .bin file) so all i will have to do then is adjust IMX according to logs.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »

TVUB can be copied if you know for a fact the injectors are the same.

KRKTE most likely needs massaging anyway.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
smirnoffandcoke

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 05:32:57 AM »

Apparently its safer flashing me7.5 ecu's in boot mode so im going to try and make a bench flash harness. Ill have to find an ecu harness/connector and a female obd2 connector somewhere first. Just following this:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/445065-how-to-build-a-bench-flash-boot-mode-harness-for-your-me7-ecu

I read somewhere if you fail to flash the ecu via obd2 using nefmoto flasher you will brick the ecu. If i cant full read flash either of my ecus with nefmoto flasher then the chances i can flash a new file over using it are slim. Next attempt will be boot mode + galletto

Also I am planning on buying bosch 550 ev14s since i can get them pretty cheap and the 440's i bought (unwisely) are not genuine.
adam-

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 06:47:36 AM »

Not sure where you read that but it's not really true.  I had a stock R32 that wouldn't read, but would write fine.
Carsinc

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 05:52:10 AM »

Hey a see this is taking a good turn. 550s and new cable
gin+

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 06:55:44 AM »

Apparently its safer flashing me7.5 ecu's in boot mode so im going to try and make a bench flash harness. Ill have to find an ecu harness/connector and a female obd2 connector somewhere first. Just following this:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/445065-how-to-build-a-bench-flash-boot-mode-harness-for-your-me7-ecu

I read somewhere if you fail to flash the ecu via obd2 using nefmoto flasher you will brick the ecu. If i cant full read flash either of my ecus with nefmoto flasher then the chances i can flash a new file over using it are slim. Next attempt will be boot mode + galletto

Also I am planning on buying bosch 550 ev14s since i can get them pretty cheap and the 440's i bought (unwisely) are not genuine.

Start from scratch.  Set or verify IMMO is off.  Write the software version you intend to work with in boot mode + galletto.  At that point you shouldn't have any issues flashing with nefmoto.  You'll need to power up an additional pin for me7.5 (forget which one off hand) for bench flashing with nefmoto; I did not need to do that for the 95040 tool or galletto.

If you don't start from scratch, you'll never get it IMO.  What I've learned, is that the pieces of the puzzle are all available (s4tuning wiki is a huge piece) but it's up the the individual to put them together.

I've stuck with the 0003 version from the community stage 1 thread and have built up the definition file from referencing a couple of fully defined 0004 def's.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: