Pages: [1]
Author Topic: b6 2.7t swap ecu problems  (Read 8468 times)
Von 83

« on: May 30, 2017, 09:12:17 AM »

Hi. im new to this site and don't know if this is the right spot to post.
I currently am in the middle of a swap of a 2.7t into my 02 b6 which had the 3.0l. the ecu is from a 01 s4, and I also have a abs module from a 02 a6. ive managed to make the required changes to the harness to make it fit into my car. ive used vcds-lite and it is picking up all the different controls in my car. one of my problems is I didn't know I needed to get the info from my old ecu before doing the swap. can someone please help me with this so I can get my car working again.

thank you in advance
Matt
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »

what harness are you using the apb or bel? what was the downer car and exactly how far have you gotten. a simple immo off will allow the car to start regardless.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Von 83

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:09:56 AM »

I am using an apb engine and harness. I have all wiring done. I cant figure out how to do an immo off. I have a bench harness and tried getting into boot mode but cant seem to get it to work
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »

APB generally does not have immo.

Just use 551M and call it a day.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Von 83

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »

the ecu was out of a s4 with tip. its not set for manual. can you please explain or point me towards the thread explaining how to flash a 551m onto it. also how will it work with the b6 car it is going into? and last what about the abs module that is from an 02 a6.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 12:10:48 PM »

the ecu was out of a s4 with tip. its not set for manual.

APB has different ECU flash images between manual and tip. There is no "setting" to switch it other than reflashing it.

can you please explain or point me towards the thread explaining how to flash a 551m onto it.

Please read all of the stickies.

also how will it work with the b6 car it is going into? and last what about the abs module that is from an 02 a6.

You should have probably researched this before starting the swap. The short answer is "it depends".

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »

flashing the ecu you have now to the m box software will immo off the ecu (if it has immo) and will be the right software version for your manual. Also its the most publicly defined apb soft version.

what exactly are your concerns with the abs module?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Von 83

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »

My concern with the abs module is that since from a different Audi that it won't work properly or throw codes.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »

My concern with the abs module is that since from a different Audi that it won't work properly or throw codes.

I ve done 20+ of these swaps all the info is on the web check out audizine everything you need to know will be there.
BRMTDI

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »

Yeah I am in the process of finishing my 2.7T Swap in B6 as well...3.0 is a good Base...people were telling me thats the stronger trans to keep....

I swapped Color S4 Cluster in mine already... if you need any help with anything IMMO related just let me know...I will share what knowledge and tools I can...

Yeah guy who first attempted it on AudiZine was Clint..awesome guy.
Ephry

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 06:14:49 AM »

I have this swap and love it.  The 02 and below S4 did not have immo so just code the stock flash with MT to get you going.  The 3.0 cluster should keep all of the keys and lock stuff in working order.   The ABS module was not needed for mine, but I already have a manual tranny.  Why did you need to convert your ABs module? Just curious. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
focalpoint519

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 02:10:00 AM »

Iv done it a couple times now, first in my b6 a4 with a b7 front end, any questions ask away, just flash a Mbox No immo issues, as long as your keys paired to cluster your good.
focalpoint519

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 02:14:26 AM »

flashing the ecu you have now to the m box software will immo off the ecu (if it has immo) and will be the right software version for your manual. Also its the most publicly defined apb soft version.

what exactly are your concerns with the abs module?

i think hes referring to the fact 5.7 ABS module is the latest you can use for everything to work fine, if you have a b7 a4 you need to swap to 5.7 for it to all work properly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: