Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issue with me7sum/checker.exe on a 032LP ecu?  (Read 6224 times)
em.Euro.R18

« on: July 11, 2017, 07:07:17 PM »

I haven't had any trouble running me7sum.exe until this 032LP.bin.  While running the application no errors were found while correcting the changes made to the bin. I double checked the bin using me7checker and no errors were found. Flashed the ecu with the bin and after a 20 mile ride the famous P0601 code poped up no start.

I figured this post can help raise awareness about possible issues running this application on the 06a906032LP. Bin and eeprom readout attached below.  Huh
STAGE2032LPa.bin is the bin file I flashed.
95040 (2).bin is original eeprom readout
95040 (3).bin is corrected using me7_95040.exe can anyone confirm this?

I'm puzzled
SB_GLI

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:57:32 PM »

ME7Sum works with this file.  Did you use the anti-lag script?
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 06:58:09 AM »

Yes I used the launch.exe as well.
adam-

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 07:58:06 AM »

That's why.  It trashes some of the checksums.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 04:41:53 PM »

Crap   Grin I guess it's the price you pay when a guy needs to make loud noises.... Any way to resolve it? I am clueless on how to edit the checksums manually.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:04:18 PM »

Crap   Grin I guess it's the price you pay when a guy needs to make loud noises.... Any way to resolve it? I am clueless on how to edit the checksums manually.

I wish people wouldn't use that LC script. Please don't do anything unless you know what EVERY ASM CHANGE does 100%.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »

I apologize I am I have stated before I am not an IT or programmer, I tune as a hobby. I am quite knowledgable on that side of things. Although I am slowly coming along on dissassembly side of things. I'll do more reading up on ASM changes. Is the problem in the launch.php? Could I add the routine in manually or is it in the LC routine?
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 10:44:28 AM »

OK so I tried writing to the 95040 using the .exe and it connects/reads in boot mode but as soon as it writes I get an error during verification.

Verifying EEprom write . . . Fail (error=070101)

I am curious if the 95040 (3).bin has a checksum issue? According to the 95040.exe the checksum corrector it checks out.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »

Well I attempted to bench flash corrected 95040.bin until the old ball and chain bumped into my ecu and broke the pin 24 off the eeprom. So I sourced a 032LQ ecu as a replacement. Used the

The LQ ecu took the corrected 95040.bin from the LP. I confirmed this by taking reading the eeprom once again and it came up with the correct VIN. Immobilizer shows as being off. Attempted to flash VIA ODB and in bootmode. Boot mode wont connect in nefmoto regardless of settings.  Nefmoto will connect with ecu via OBD (still bench) but it still when attempting to write it I get a security error for the immobilizer then fails to flash.

To clarify I am not one of those members looking for a free ride. Even though I have utilized the tools made by a select few posters on here(which I am grateful for), I create my own bin files, create my own XDF and KP files based on other complete KP files. I am a mastertechnician not a computer programmer or IT. I am slowly coming along on that side of things. As far as tuning goes I have a lot to contribute I don't know everything but if I said I did I wouldn't be much of a tuner at all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:26:14 AM by em.Euro.R18 » Logged
adam-

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »

Nef will write with immo disabled.

Nef also doesn't support bootmode.
em.Euro.R18

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »

With a little trial and error on older eeprom.exe versions I was able to clone the 032LP to the LQ ecu. I also figured out there was no support for boot mode in nef but I was able to flash original & basic stage 2 modified .bin file without using the launch.exe. Now I'll have to go into adding it myself. I appreciate your all help in the matter!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 10:42:47 AM »

I also figured out there was no support for boot mode in nef

Really? Tongue

The Nefmoto Free ECU Flashing Software and an eBay USB VAG KKL FTDI 232 based cable - The easiest and best supported method. Does not rely on boot mode, but will not flash bricked ECUs because bootmode support is not complete. You can also use (recent) VCDS (Ross-tech) cables with Nefmoto, but you may have to disable "intelligent mode" in the VCDS setup dialog (intelligent mode causes the VCDS driver software to constantly poll the cable in the background, which may interfere with non VCDS apps). For more information, see the Nefmoto Flashing Guide. If you want to use the RossTech cable as a standard OBDII cable on a COM port (not just USB), install RossTech's VCP driver. Make sure you uninstall all of their other drivers first. Also, when you upgrade VCDS, do not let it install drivers over your VCP drivers.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: