Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IGESGA, can you make sense of it?  (Read 2490 times)
userpike

« on: July 16, 2017, 05:14:27 PM »

So I was looking at IGESGA and it makes no sense to me. What is the use of this map? I can't find much info on it. Why would I want to make the ECU think the trans is in a different gear than it actually is?
nugentp

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 03:32:08 PM »

So I was looking at IGESGA and it makes no sense to me. What is the use of this map? I can't find much info on it. Why would I want to make the ECU think the trans is in a different gear than it actually is?

Holy thread revival... I was looking at this tonight - seems like it almost matches a multiple of the gear ratio and the final drive ratio. Also seems like first value is reverse and then its 1-2-3-4-5-6. It doesn't work out perfectly but maybe it helps ECU work out what gear the car is in along with the NVQUOT values for expected ranges of rpm/kph. I dunno to be honest... just another ME7 mystery.
sherpagoodness

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »

it must be related to cruise control? help keep the car from running away if it's hydroplaning or low traction situation
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: