Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Flashed wrong bin and now immo  (Read 23101 times)
2turbo6

« on: July 17, 2017, 05:17:19 AM »

Hey guys,

Im new to all this and getting a crash course.

My problem is, i had a friend flash my 551al with a stage 2 tune. Have no idea who wrote it. When it finished the car wouldnt start. He gave up trying to fix it. When trying to rewrite it said it needed to finish to process.

So i started to do it myself. I was able to get into boot mode and write a different bin. I over looked and it was for an s4 no immo. I now have the stock tune for the 551al ready.

Now i cant write or read anything as it says the immo is unatherized. Cant get into boot mode. Also jumped the pins and the ecu will go into defualt but cant connect to it.

I also cant connect to vag com. Port is fine but says no interface. Was able to connect before the flash.

To my understanding the tune shouldnt effect the immo as its on the eprom. I should be able to just falsh the stock tune and be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:49:12 AM »

Hey guys,

Im new to all this and getting a crash course.

My problem is, i had a friend flash my 551al with a stage 2 tune. Have no idea who wrote it. When it finished the car wouldnt start. He gave up trying to fix it. When trying to rewrite it said it needed to finish to process.

So i started to do it myself. I was able to get into boot mode and write a different bin. I over looked and it was for an s4 no immo. I now have the stock tune for the 551al ready.

Now i cant write or read anything as it says the immo is unatherized. Cant get into boot mode. Also jumped the pins and the ecu will go into defualt but cant connect to it.

I also cant connect to vag com. Port is fine but says no interface. Was able to connect before the flash.

To my understanding the tune shouldnt effect the immo as its on the eprom. I should be able to just falsh the stock tune and be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As long as both files are for a apb and you wrote a non immo file to the car and it was a complete write it will work fine. Because the s4 had no immo if its written over a immo flash it will work just fine.  Sounds like you have a issue with programming not complete and the ecu is stuck in program mode. Other port flashing tools like mpps will bipass immo and force write the file. If you dont have mpps youll need to bootmode flash the car. Nefmoto is bata ajd does NOT support boot mode at this time. Galletto works for bootmode and a cheap ft232rl cable but you need to change the serial number in your cable 9r in the galletto exe file wih a hex editor. Regardless ypull need to use mprog to ether read the serial from the cable or youll need to flash the cable with the galletto serial number.
Im not trying to rub salt in but you guys (noobs) need to learn what your doing before flashing who knows what to someones car without having a clue what youre doing.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:52:33 AM »

This leads to another topic dont cross flash unless you know how to recover. Changing software versions risks brick

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
adam-

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:27:59 AM »

I honestly think it's because Nef is now the main point of contact for flashing S4s and 1.8ts.  As such, people are just buying a $5 cable and flashing random files on the internet.

They have no idea how to log, what they've flashed or any concept of what's been changed.  They just want a free Stage 2 tune and not care about contributing.

It's not even that, but they don't read ANY of the documentation that exists and now it's just more and more "I can't connect" or "I've bricked my ECU".
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »

yah mate this is like the 3rd post like dat in like 2 dayz

2turbo6

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:12:03 AM »

So i need galletto. I have a non chip and a chipped cable. No clue what they are. One is the cheap blue for vag com and the other chipped and black for nefmoto.

Change the serial in the exe with hex and should connect in boot mode to flash.

I was kinda forced to do this. I didnt flash it the first time and had no intentions on learning this. I even said make sure its the right file lol. Now im on my own to fix this issue.

At this point im just looking to get the stock tune back in it. Ill see what i can do to get galletto to work. Hopfuly one of the cables will work with it.
2turbo6

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:47:12 AM »

Nefmoto is bata ajd does NOT support boot mode at this time.

Thats what I thought. But before I flashed the s4 tune it was able to connect in boot mode. Then I wrote the bin in. After the flash it now says 0 bytes and can find the ID when trying to connect.

Another problem I found was the drivetrain errors. When trying to write the bin it says Immo unauthorized. It will then disconnect and says waiting for user to connect. After reconnecting it will then try to finish the flash but says "Too many consecutive unsolicited messages from ECU, disconnecting.".

I then hooked a scanner up to it to pull codes and says there is a communication problem with the trans and other components. Makes sense as I have a tip and the tune is not.

I was also wondering if this is ok. When connecting its in kwp2000. It will then switch to KWP1281 session and then switch back to kwp2000 after it has fully connected. It didn't do this before. It was always KWP1281.

Here is the log for trying to flash the stock tune.

Writing ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have not been met.
Reasons preconditions failed:
-Immobilizer not authenticated
Continuing despite programming session preconditions not being met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
ECU reports that security access is not supported.
Starting diagnostic session.
Too many consecutive unsolicited messages from ECU, disconnecting.
Disconnecting...
Disconnecting because no response was received for the Stop Communication message.
Disconnected
Waiting for user to reconnect to ECU before continuing...
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Validated FTDI device is in dumb mode.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init failed.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Slow init failed.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP1281 session.
KWP1281 connect info: 4B0907551F  2.7l V6/5VT     G   0001
opticaltrigger

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:50:33 AM »

I honestly think it's because Nef is now the main point of contact for flashing S4s and 1.8ts.  As such, people are just buying a $5 cable and flashing random files on the internet.

They have no idea how to log, what they've flashed or any concept of what's been changed.  They just want a free Stage 2 tune and not care about contributing.

It's not even that, but they don't read ANY of the documentation that exists and now it's just more and more "I can't connect" or "I've bricked my ECU".

Yes,I agree,but.........
And this should also be said.
Tuning engines is one thing and being a software engineer is another.Now,there are a few who can do both but not many.

That being said this is an open forum spouting the virtues of DIY. However it is quite obvious that many of the more experienced and practiced on here make there living from it,and you don't need to look far beneath the surface of this forum before you find at the very best,irritation and frustration with noobs. And very often a not so thinly veiled undercurrent of contempt.

Don't get me wrong I like it here,but weather by design or by coincidence the forum is absolutely horrible to navigate and learn from.There are no concise tutorial explanations for the most necessary subjects,anywhere obvious.They are there,but hiding in plain sight.And for the most part written in lots of different posts all over the place.
Should a noob want to know something they risk the usual bombardment of unhelpful,confidence crushing criticism that comes from the usual suspects,who I suspect are often the ones who don't really want to share any of there knowledge with anyone but do get something from being belligerent and obstructive at best.
I often read posts by people who just want answers and instead are met with contempt and hostility.
I find it very interesting that the noob section where..... "there are no dumb questions,just bad answers", is where most of the contempt is to be found.........How Ironic!
Perhaps that says more about the true personality of the contemptuous than that of the noobs.........

To a point I do understand it.It's a common but unfortunate by product of human nature.
It's far easier and more satisfying to a certain type of personality to be oppressive and belligerent than to be helpful and compassionate....Especially when they get money from it.......Such a terrible shame really.

But then I suppose those personality's can always justify it to themselves by saying "I put the work in".
And to them I would say......... "Well done,That must be why your so awesome then".

All the very best
O.T.  

"It is dangerous to be right, in matters where established men are wrong." ....

Voltaire
2turbo6

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 09:31:20 AM »

Just so you guys know, I'm not a complete noob. I have had my fair share of projects and completely understand the concepts of how and why tune/maps work.

Some get the enjoyment with programing and making their own tunes. I am not one of them. I like to build and get it custom tuned. I'm just in a pickle as it cost hundreds to go get it tuned when at the end of the summer i'm going to be doing a custom build. Get a tune for a couple of months with a poppy stall. Kind of a waste of money.

In this case friend said he could flash a tune. So I let him as I wanted to have some fun as I wont be driving it for a year or more. Plus the only thing I dont want to brake is the heads and block. The stall stucks already so pretty sure my fun will be short.

What's really messed up is I was able to get a different bin in but the wrong one. If I clicked the right one I wouldn't be here lol.

This is what i'm working on. Maxed out the stock fuel map at 17psi.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »

There are no concise tutorial explanations for the most necessary subjects,anywhere obvious.

I've literally spent 15 years trying to distill information into a few places, almost all of which go completely ignored by noobs.

If there is contempt, it is because there is a small (but increasing) minority of people who refuse to read any of it before posting.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
opticaltrigger

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »

I've literally spent 15 years trying to distill information into a few places, almost all of which go completely ignored by noobs.

If there is contempt, it is because there is a small (but increasing) minority of people who refuse to read any of it before posting.

Hello Nyet.....
I suspected that may catch your attention.
However it wasn't a directed comment and neither was the post in general.More of an observational overview,as I find it.
I am a beneficiary and proponent of your work,and indeed have defended it on this forum and others.

But I stand by my comments in the general sense.
I did start my post with the words "I agree" and I do. I also agree with you, that there is a minority who will always try to avoid any effort in learning.
And yes...I can see that would be frustrating.
However there is also a small minority who, shall we say. "Find it very comfortable being a big fish in a very small pond".

All the very best
O.T.

"It is dangerous to be right, in matters where established men are wrong." ....

Voltaire
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 02:10:44 PM »

However there is also a small minority who, shall we say. "Find it very comfortable being a big fish in a very small pond".

I'm fine with that if they are open about what they know. But if they do not, it is distasteful in the extreme. There is no point in calling people dumb if you can't be bothered to ever explain what you know.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
2turbo6

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 02:46:46 PM »

Ok. So I have galletto and its in boot mode.

I got the stock file from here.

I get seed key ok
Start writing
Error writing

I tried starting the boot mode process over a few times.

What else should I try?
2turbo6

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »

So I been working on this for hours trying to get a good tune in.

I get it in boot mode with galletto. Now galletto will not read the ecu. But it is 100% in boot mode.

This is how far I got. I get it in boot mode with galletto ready with the stock bin. I then hit continue and galletto will start writing. A prompt pops up asking to turn the key off for ten seconds. Now before this nothing loads as on the bottom of galletto. It always says 0% and 0 seconds. After hitting ok for turning the key of the prompt will load and asks to turn the key back on. I turn it ok and click ok. But it seems as nothing changed.

In the log after it says start writing. It says no file selected. But still loads the prompt to turn the key off. My guess is, its in boot mode, tries to load a bin but wont, and then shows the prompt to close the ecu to take it out of boot mode?

I been working on this for many hours and tried galletto around 50 times.

In vag com it wont read the engine. But does connect for the auto trans. Get Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message for a code. The trans is in limp mode and seems it never comes out of it.

Any help would be appreciated. Just a shove in the right direction. Thanks
_nameless

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »

Make sure its 800bb and not 400bb

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: