Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Flashed wrong bin and now immo  (Read 23710 times)
2turbo6

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 03:43:24 AM »

Im slowly figuring it out.

First, i was tired of being in the garage trying to figure this out.

So i made a bench harness. It finally works and was able to flash a stock 551al tune.

Now i want to make sure i have the right eeprom file. I have the eeprom tool but no command is working in boot mode. So im trying to figure whats missing.

Does anyone have the stock eeprom file for a 551al? I cant find it. And if I did write in the stock eeprom file, will the immo key match the car or do I need to do the immo defeat?

_nameless

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 07:33:11 AM »

you dont wanna do that. the eeprom cant be written over unless on the bench so its still the right eeprom. if you write another eeprom to the ecu the car wont start because the skc wont match the cluster.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
2turbo6

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 09:37:34 AM »

Good to know and thanks.

After the bench I realized galletto never linked up with the car right. It was in boot mode but just wouldn't read or write.

With the bench it works perfectly. Wasted over 10 hours trying to do it in the car.

So now I do have the stock bin for the 551al. Didnt check it (still learning) but it was from the forums stock files.

Thats all I wanted to do but since I still have it on the bench, Im wondering how hard would it be to delete the secondary water and air pumps, rear o2s, evap system and brake/headlight warning lights.

If its hard to do, ill use the stock 551al for now and practice on the 551t.

Now with the 551t someone already had their hands in it. Need to read that eeprom as they replaced it and then some.
_nameless

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »

sai, evap, cat, egt, ds o2 sensors are not too hard to remove. i think the water pump wont even throw a open circuit code when removed. The project configuration block is how you enable and disable emissions testing along with other things like misfire detection, vvt diagnostics etc. its a simple bit switch to enable or disable, normally 1= active 0=inactive. Example: catalyst diagnostics (CDKAT in most files) 1>0 no catalyst diagnostics. Just because the cat was coded out that doesnt mean that the down stream o2 sensor can be removed, matter of fact it still need to work as intended and any issues with the sensor would still throw codes. switching off diagnostics is one thing removing hardware is another. read the s4 wiki under tuning it will tell you exactly what you need to do to remove the hardware you dont wanna keep. also sense your car is a auto id swap to the s4 l box file. the s4 m box is the most publicly defined apb file and the l box is the auto equivalent to it so the m box map pack works with the l box flash / tune. also writing the m/l box file to any apb ecu will immo off it in flash. just write it on the bench first  Wink
   good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 12:02:50 PM »

Now with the 551t someone already had their hands in it. Need to read that eeprom as they replaced it and then some.

No you don't. That is utterly pointless.

Start from stock, don't waste time of other people's crap, especially if it is on a riser, encrypted, etc.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
2turbo6

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 07:32:01 AM »

Does anyone have or know where the stock files are for the 551T? I looked and searched but cant find it.

Mainly looking for the eeprom file.

I read both files and cant flash anything back to it. It will flash its own tune back to itself and thats it. It wont even let me load its own eeprom file back to itself. I turned off IMMO in Hxd and didnt help.

I did a checksum and says its not the correct length but thats what I read from it. Right now im just looking to get it back to OEM specs.

Here are the files I read from it.
2turbo6

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 07:37:39 AM »

More info: 2001 A6 2.7t APB tip 4B0 907 551 T. 26SA7093 1159 0366
2turbo6

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 08:15:32 AM »

Here is a link to the file I needed.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2934.0

It will start writing, gets to 6% and stops. Says writing error.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2017, 08:58:21 AM »

Here is a link to the file I needed.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2934.0

It will start writing, gets to 6% and stops. Says writing error.

Did you remove the daughter board?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
2turbo6

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 09:50:32 AM »

Did you remove the daughter board?

No. Everything is still on it. Not a plug and play type deal. Everything has been soldered in place.

I did just noticed another small chip under the riser. Couldn't tell you what it is. Would have to take it all off.
KasperH

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 12:11:57 PM »

No. Everything is still on it. Not a plug and play type deal. Everything has been soldered in place.

I did just noticed another small chip under the riser. Couldn't tell you what it is. Would have to take it all off.

That your problem, that's an encryption chip.
Remove daughter board and all you can read and write all you want Smiley
2turbo6

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 03:27:46 PM »

So there is no way around it other then de-soldering the eeprom?

I haven't done it in years. Be easier if there was a work around.

I was able to remove the daughter board. Was just stuck and had to man handle it.

I just dont understand the point of having the encrypted chip. Im able to read and see the tune properly, just cant flash anything to it. How is that protecting their tune?

Here is the info and DTCs nefmoto read. Can read in standard but not programming.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »

Im able to read and see the tune properly, just cant flash anything to it.

Maybe. Lots of tunes have ASM changes and bogus maps.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
KasperH

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »

So there is no way around it other then de-soldering the eeprom?

I haven't done it in years. Be easier if there was a work around.

I was able to remove the daughter board. Was just stuck and had to man handle it.

I just dont understand the point of having the encrypted chip. Im able to read and see the tune properly, just cant flash anything to it. How is that protecting their tune?

Here is the info and DTCs nefmoto read. Can read in standard but not programming.

I'm pretty sure if you compare it to a stock file, there is a little segment that is not a map that has been changed.
That's the encryption chip's write protection.
The content of the 29F chip is fine and without error, but if you read it
The data has to pass through the encryption chip and messes with the data.
And it does the same thing when trying to write to it, therefor the ECU rejects the data.

The tune was burned to the chip and then soldered to the daugtherboard.

Just get yourself a new daugtherboard without an encryption chip.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:45:40 PM by KasperH » Logged
2turbo6

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »

I posted the files earlier. If someone wants to look you can. Your differently going to know more then me.

Right now im at the point of knowing how to bench test, read and write. Use me7sum and me7check, still learning the commands. First time ever using commands. Learning HxD for changing the cable and turning off the IMMO. I have tuner pro and read through on how to use it but its allot to remember. I have so much more to learn.

The eeprom is soldered to the daughter board. The daughter board splits at the extensions that rises the board up leaving the pins exposed. If I did solder it, I was thinking about de-soldering the eeprom and soldering it to the exposed pins. Leaving me room for error. And if I did make an unrecoverable error, I could take the extensions off and start over to the board itself.

It took me a second to realize it says mtm. https://www.mtm-online.de/en/tuning/Audi
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:17:47 PM by 2turbo6 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: