Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Flashed wrong bin and now immo  (Read 23731 times)
2turbo6

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 01:46:40 PM »

Thats what I first thought as s4wiki said "You'll need one specific to the ECU you are using."

How would I get one for my ECU?

I kinda already asked this but dude said to keep reading. Thinking there is a work around or something.

I searched every data base with stock files and only could find the stock bin.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »

You can flash 8D0..551L to your ECU

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 06:25:23 PM »

You can flash 8D0..551L to your ECU
i think i said that like 2 pages ago.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
2turbo6

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2017, 07:13:32 AM »

So the 551M and 551L are just base XDFs for all 2.7t or just the apb. M being manual and L being auto.

I was confused with what it mean on finding an xdf.

Sorry if I was told the L would work already. Must of over looked it. I will load up the 551L later and give it a try.

Dont give up on me guys. I must be hard headed and need to be told more then once. But im slowly getting it.
adam-

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2017, 07:59:27 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=11027.5;wap2

Read that post from me. Smiley There is not just a base XDF.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 11:17:32 AM »

So the 551M and 551L are just base XDFs for all 2.7t or just the apb. M being manual and L being auto.

NO, they just happen to be able to share the same XDF.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
2turbo6

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »

Hey guys,

So im back at it. Been busy with work and kids.

I found a 8D0...551L XDF. Still cant find the original 551L XDF.

This one will work and is confirmed on minor adjustments to the stock bin.

With comparing my 551AL.bin to the communities stage 2 bin,  my blocks looks very crud. Its difficult to understand the blocks when they are not in order for values. With the communities tune it is in a acceding order.

This makes me think my XDF is not a perfect match to my bin file?

Right now im pushing 17psi. SAI, Secondary water pump, Kombis, Cats, Brake boost pump and EVAP have all been deleted.

Has 3" DP, Intake Spacers, 4" Intake (stock maf), Adjustable DV, Boost Controller, No N75 (plugged in), XS bi Pipes, All new rubber pipping.

This is what I have so far with the tune. I have not flashed it yet. I already did corrections on the check sums and is all good.

File for the modified 4B0907551AL.bin

File for the 8D0907551L.XDF im using.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »

Why are you still insisting on using the wrong XDF?

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2017, 09:08:48 PM »

i think i said that like 2 pages ago.

WTF is going on here? I'm getting ready to delete this whole thread.

ECUx Plot

2turbo6

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2017, 06:17:19 AM »

What im I missing here.

Was told to use the 551M XDF but that is for a manual. Then told to use the 551L XDF with the 551AL.bin tip.

Either Im over seen something or you guys are not explaining it good enough.

If what im doing is not correct, then from rereading, I should be using the 551M.xdf with the 551L.bin???

"You can use the 8D0-551L file with the 8D0-551M xdf"

So I dont use my 551AL.bin at all.

I get the 8D0-551L.bin and use it with 8D0-551M.xdf then flash it to my 4B0-551AL box?

If this is not how its done, then I have no clue.

_nameless

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2017, 06:36:24 AM »

What im I missing here.

Was told to use the 551M XDF but that is for a manual. Then told to use the 551L XDF with the 551AL.bin tip.

Either Im over seen something or you guys are not explaining it good enough.

If what im doing is not correct, then from rereading, I should be using the 551M.xdf with the 551L.bin???

"You can use the 8D0-551L file with the 8D0-551M xdf"

So I dont use my 551AL.bin at all.

I get the 8D0-551L.bin and use it with 8D0-551M.xdf then flash it to my 4B0-551AL box?

If this is not how its done, then I have no clue.

The mbox xdf will work for the lbox auto file. They are from the same year and have the same offsets for map locations. Thats what i said 4 pages ago. Whst i also said is if you have a immo issue flashing a lbox file to your ecu will bipass immo and the car will start amd run just fine. B chassis cars in usa did not have immo until b6 so cross flashing a apb file from a b chassis car will bipass immo. I feel like this is tje 4th or 5th time this was covered in this thread not to mention the 40 zillion other times its been covered. It gets really old spewing the same info over and over when its cover x50 times over. If you can not fix the car yourself pay someone who can.
Im done on this thread.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
2turbo6

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2017, 08:06:29 AM »

This is where im confused.

I did the Mbox xdf with my ALbox file. But was told this was wrong?

So then I thought of using the Mbox xdf with the 8D0-551L file. Maybe thats what you guys meant.

But your saying "The mbox xdf will work for the lbox auto file.".

Just to clear this up the final time.

Ill be using the 8D0-551M.xdf with the "lbox" 8D0-55L.bin and flash it to my 4B0-551AL box.

The IMMO problem was with the other ECU. But either way this will bypass it.

I do appreciate the help.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »

But your saying "The mbox xdf will work for the lbox auto file."

The 8D0 M xdf HAPPENS to work with the 8D0 L bin. This kind of compatibility is uncommon.

Generally an xdf will work with ONLY ONE version of binary (there are a few more exceptions, but they are rare)

Ill be using the 8D0-551M.xdf with the "lbox" 8D0-55L.bin and flash it to my 4B0-551AL box.

This.

ECUx Plot

2turbo6

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »

Im starting to understand.

So I just happen to be a lucky one and able to use the L-bin with the M-xdf. Where do you find the definition xdf for other models. Say I needed an xdf for the AL, how would you get it? I still yet to find one. I haven't read much on this yet. Maybe the AL is only hard to find because you can use the L.

I did flash the L to my AL box. Used the community blocks for the boost and fuel. Adjusted a few things for the 50/50 DVs.

Now im figuring out on deleting the rear o2s. I followed s4wiki. No cats, want rear o2 unplugged, disable heater ect...

Getting codes for heater on o2s. So I have to do some more reading. Checksums are all good.

But the A6 is running way way better then before. With the DVs and evap not there, it idled pretty bad. Now its perfect. I am getting a misfire on high boost but think it could be the plugs. Been a few months since the last change and are v power copper gaped at 030. They dont last to long.

Thanks again for all the help. Time was not wasted.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2017, 04:09:21 PM »

ISay I needed an xdf for the AL, how would you get it? I still yet to find one. I haven't read much on this yet. Maybe the AL is only hard to find because you can use the L.

By and large, there is no "finding". You do the work and find the maps yourself, or convert to a binary that you do have an XDF for.

This is why noobs who demand xdfs (without understanding what is involved in generating one) annoy the people who have actually done that work.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: