Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: tune for 2002 audi a4 b6  (Read 11566 times)
ahopkins1202

« on: July 17, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »

Current setup is fmic 2.5 inch tt downpipe to 3 inch straight pipe, upgraded diverter valve have the 386 injectors waiting for tune to put them in. I also have the 2.0 coils. i'm looking for an aggressive tune putting out about 18psi and i want the whole gargle pop flame effect while ripping it it up. This is my first time posting on the forum and greatly appreciate all that there is offered.

Thank you,
Anthony Hopkins
corradovolksb

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »

You do know this is a DIY site and that there is an amazing wealth of knowledge and experienced people on here that will answer any question that you have regarding tuning but I don't think you will be getting a tune handed over to you.  A great place to start is the noob section and also the stag1 1.8t thread that will give you a good base to work off of. Feel free to ask questions along the way.

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
Pasteurised

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »

Current setup is fmic 2.5 inch tt downpipe to 3 inch straight pipe, upgraded diverter valve have the 386 injectors waiting for tune to put them in. I also have the 2.0 coils. i'm looking for an aggressive tune putting out about 18psi and i want the whole gargle pop flame effect while ripping it it up. This is my first time posting on the forum and greatly appreciate all that there is offered.

Thank you,
Anthony Hopkins

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »

Nice first post!
youre asking a lot for a first post. many threads for you to read to get there. if youre looking for a free tune youve come to the wrong place. Many members in this group will be willing to point you in the direction you want if you have a specific question. for gargle and pop youll need to tune overrun tables, timing in low load locations. for fueling youll need to tune injector latency times and injection quantity mass. latency can be taken from the tt 225 file and ported to yours. then the basic load / tq, timing and fueling tables can be tuned. you may hit some air flow limits that will need to be tuned but besides that its quit straight forward
good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »

your stock file is a 518f so you can find your stock file and map pack for your file on the forum or read the orig from your car. if your car has a commercial tune on it dont bother trying to read it. you may brick / put your ecu in limp mode. regardless you will not get a full read from the car and if you did the addresses are scrambled or checksums are changed. if that is the case dl a orig file from here flash the stock file to your car and figure out how to read logs and use me7logger first. taking logs is the most important thing, any halfwit can change numbers and flash willynilly. this will get you in trouble not knowing what changes are made or why. some of the tools on this forum are command prompt based and its not always straightforward but if you stick with it and make some breakthroughs youll get hooked 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
ahopkins1202

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 01:00:21 PM »

Thank you all for the info i am by no means looking for anything handed to me i dont do business like that. I would love to learn and im really just looking for help to be pointed in the right direction. Its alot to take in and im feeling the urge to learn. i will continue to read through the forums and take in the knowledge that is provided.

Thanks again
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 03:36:29 PM »

Thank you all for the info i am by no means looking for anything handed to me i dont do business like that. I would love to learn and im really just looking for help to be pointed in the right direction. Its alot to take in and im feeling the urge to learn. i will continue to read through the forums and take in the knowledge that is provided.

Thanks again
here. this should help you out. download tuner pro and load the bin and xdf. the bin is the tune itself also known as eprom, flash, rom, ori, mod etc. the name is irreverent just know that its the tune. the xdf is the map pack that makes sense of the tune. its the locations of the maps within the tune. once you load the bin and xdf into tunrpro it will make more sense.

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

that ^ is a good place to start it will give you a good overview of what youre in for  Wink
its not that hard and if you put in the effort youll have other members to help you out
good luck
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:22:20 AM by Marty » Logged

ahopkins1202

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 08:31:59 AM »

is this the stock tune specs that im looking at?

Thank You
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 09:22:53 AM »

yes this is a stock file

focalpoint519

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 12:06:20 PM »

send me a message i have a free tune for you. i have a highly developed 1.8t stage 2 tune with custom spark code, launch control, als for 225 injectors. if you change your injectors you will be set.
mister t

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »

send me a message i have a free tune for you. i have a highly developed 1.8t stage 2 tune with custom spark code, launch control, als for 225 injectors. if you change your injectors you will be set.

Why not just post it up for the curious of us to examine if you'd be so kind
focalpoint519

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »

I sent you a tune in PM mr T, did i sent you a quality tune or some garbage (please dont expose the brand i sent you) but is the tune something worth getting for free?
mister t

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 10:35:13 PM »

I sent you a tune in PM mr T, did i sent you a quality tune or some garbage (please dont expose the brand i sent you) but is the tune something worth getting for free?

Sorry, not sure what I got, looks like a 90540 read
focalpoint519

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 11:44:22 PM »

Thanks for those files for the b6/7 s4 files, ill have to see if my buddy wants to try it out tomorrow. i sent a brand name AWP 1.8t tune.
SB_GLI

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2017, 05:56:22 AM »

Thanks for those files for the b6/7 s4 files, ill have to see if my buddy wants to try it out tomorrow. i sent a brand name AWP 1.8t tune.

As much as you might disagree, you are doing a disservice to the community by sharing random files THAT AREN'T EVEN YOURS.

This is a DIY site where people can come to learn to tune.  Giving handouts in this fashion does not promote learning.   Who's files are you handing out? How can anyone trust what you are giving them?  I would strongly recommend to anyone that you are sending files to to not load them if they don't know what's changed, as it certainly seems like you don't.

In this case, you sent an AWP file for a b6 a4?  Cool, brick his ecu.

I think I speak for many when I say, just fucking stop.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: