Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Me7.1.1 definition  (Read 1634 times)
Gaghunfv2

« on: July 20, 2017, 11:50:11 AM »

Hi guys I'm searching for an .ols file for a VW Golf 4 2.3 V5.
The ecu should be a Me7.1.1.
Original bin is attached.
Thanks in advance  Smiley

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:19:41 AM by Gaghunfv2 » Logged

Gaghunfv2

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 12:25:36 PM »

noone?  Sad

RBPE

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:28:12 AM »

Limited number of cars/files so quite rare, might be in the hundred's of euro's/dollars/pounds bracket to buy one....or you could make your own?
You could define a few things yourself using the VR6 24V def files on here and some of the mk4 R32 areas can line up a bit if you're handy with spotting patterns. Look for the 022906032E->BG files and any similar R32 one's - MLHFM will be the same as mk4 v6 4 motion to get you going;

V5 by Rick B, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:31:52 PM by RBPE » Logged
Gaghunfv2

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:00:06 AM »

Thanks, but I already tried R32 / V6 definitions.
Sadly they are too different for finding important maps.  Sad
Im especially looking for the vmax-Value (different either...).

RBPE

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:03:17 AM »

You're not trying hard enough!  Grin Plus I'm showing you screenshots of your ecu against some of the files on here!  Wink )

If you can't pick out single values on these, pick out various axis values to get the map up next to the V6/R32 def files in something like winols demo (change 3D height colours etc too like in the pics), then look at the values around them, you can often find a lot like that.

Only quick look against a couple of the def files on here but your nmax seem to be in the same position under KFMIOP;
Nmax V5 by Rick B, on Flickr

And I got that for vmaxnb against the R32 file, looks like it's under something like max pedal value;
vmax v5 by Rick B, on Flickr

Only quick 2 min job so could be wrong, but got;

VMAXNB - 1EC1E
VMAXTM - 1EC2C
NMAX - 16310
NMAXDV - 16312
NMAXDZ - 16314
KPVMXG - 19962
TVMXPRG - 1996A
KFMIOP was slightly off but 1618A came up, you should be able to see it's layout, MLHFM @ 13B5A, MLMIN - 13F5A, MLOFS - 13F5C etc

Like I say just picked out 80 odd maps in a few mins but looked correct at quick look
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:21:30 AM by RBPE » Logged
Gaghunfv2

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 01:22:51 PM »

Thanks for all the effort you invest in my topic  Smiley
I'm doing something wrong...
I could just look at the adress of the vmax, but I want to learn how to find it myself.  Shocked
I have a corrupted .ols of a 3.2 V6 (WinOls says it's corrupted), but it still works.
1. I open a map (something like KFMIRL) in the hexdump
2. I use these search buttons
3. Nothing is found  Huh

I even tried to find the correct offsets manually (for hours), but I didn't succeed. I couldn't see any similaritys in both hexdumps...
EDIT: Can you send me your definition?  Even if I search for axis values I cant find any offset Sad
EDIT2: I found a VR6 definition in this forum now. I tried the same tactic as you (just searching for axis values), but I haven't found anything. I tried it with KFZW and KFZWOP. Teach me master  Shocked
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:19:58 AM by Gaghunfv2 » Logged

RBPE

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 03:48:59 AM »

I always do it manually like below if need be, easy enough once you get used to it but I did these things tens of thousands of times over many years to get used to it.

Firstly you may want to set up ols a bit, I use the black/green one and modify the colours yellow or cream and grey usually, gives a good contrast between the 3. I also do everything in 8 bit FF as I am used to picking out patterns a lot better and it comes up well as you can see.

So I used another file that should be on here somewhere, the 032CN one, but the values are pretty much identical to the VAG alle file you're using for the most part when I checked, 10 00 bit was defined as an axis though on the CN and not on the alle file but I digress;

So, when I lined them up and tried a few of the cell files in KFMIRL in the R32 file as most would nothing comes up - hardly surprising as you are talking about different cylinder volumes and so on. So I tried some axis values, about half a dozen came up then, so I tried a few values around the axis maps to narrow it down like this;

MIRL V5 by Rick B, on Flickr

With the colour contrast I set up and 8-FF you can see the various values that line up (in green) as the ME7.1.1. are usually of a similar set up variation dependent;

IRL 2 V5 by Rick B, on Flickr

As it uses an rpm map then a lot of the rpm values should be the same like above and below and it's these similarities that make things easier to pick out at first, at least on main maps. On single bits the data is usually laid out in a very similar fashion  being all C167 based, even if the values are different between models/revisions.

Quite high values on that;
IRL V5 3 by Rick B, on Flickr

IRL V5 V R32 by Rick B, on Flickr

You can do that on any hex editor really, just easier if you set colours and practice/get used to patterns and the ecu's.
RBPE

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 03:50:01 AM »

Oh that came up;

KFMIRL 1531E
Y – U/min 152DE
X - % 152FE
Gaghunfv2

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 04:52:55 AM »

Thanks!!  Cheesy Cheesy
I managed to find KFMIRL by myself with your tricks. Cheesy
Now I want to find KFZW by myself.
But where (or what) are the axis values of KFZW (I juse VAG alle)??  Huh I can't see them Sad
I already picked out 3-4 hex values of the "red circle" and searched for them, without luck.

By the way how did you set the color of the 3D view like this? It looks much better.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:20:07 AM by Gaghunfv2 » Logged

RBPE

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »

Set the colours in the misc/config bit, some maps unlike KFMIRL above use axis values from different areas of the ecu, whereas those big ones will have the axis maps attached to the map as can be seen.

I've put up V6 4 motion/VR6 24V files loads, so try them, look through posts, there's tons of ways you can define these if you practice!

Axis def's I put this up yonks ago but the basics;
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7683.msg70721#msg70721
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:54:59 AM by RBPE » Logged
thegtiman

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 03:13:29 AM »

I made an AQN definition for our Bora VR5 out of necessity as I was never happy with the performance and drivability of that car since we had it from 35000 miles.

After a good read of several strategies for various Bosch controllers of that era, I used several V6 24v and V5 20v definitions, that were often purchased from Winols client vendors to make one useful AQN 20v address file with 268 parameters.

Quite a few calibration features can be fettled to from stock to make a heavy Bora or Golf feel a bit more 'sporty'. Do not expect the earth though.
Gaghunfv2

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 04:00:08 AM »

Set the colours in the misc/config bit,

I've put up V6 4 motion/VR6 24V files loads, so try them, look through posts, there's tons of ways you can define these if you practice!

Axis def's I put this up yonks ago but the basics;
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7683.msg70721#msg70721

Thanks! Yesterday I spent many hours searching for maps. I understand it now (I think I do...).
I found every ignition map and many single values (especially vmax) by myself. Cheesy
Still struggling to find KFPED, but I think I can do it.
Thanks for all! You helped me a lot  Smiley

DT

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 01:54:05 PM »

I made an AQN definition for our Bora VR5 out of necessity as I was never happy with the performance and drivability of that car since we had it from 35000 miles.

After a good read of several strategies for various Bosch controllers of that era, I used several V6 24v and V5 20v definitions, that were often purchased from Winols client vendors to make one useful AQN 20v address file with 268 parameters.

Quite a few calibration features can be fettled to from stock to make a heavy Bora or Golf feel a bit more 'sporty'. Do not expect the earth though.

Would you share the definitions? I have a friend that might be interessted if he still drives the old AQN.
RBPE

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 08:53:33 AM »

Thanks! Yesterday I spent many hours searching for maps. I understand it now (I think I do...).
I found every ignition map and many single values (especially vmax) by myself. Cheesy
Still struggling to find KFPED, but I think I can do it.
Thanks for all! You helped me a lot  Smiley

No probs, I don't really use winols, only for educational purposes and as most tuners I deal with send me ols def files for what they want (even though they never use ols too!), you need Keil/IDA C167 based things for more complex tuning but general flash tuning any hex editor will do really. You just can't show noobs as well using such things;
tuning by Rick B, on Flickr

I also often use HxD as you can direct them to changes with a jump button easy enough after you make changes - just look pants compared with something like ols though for function structures as you can see;

ESKONF mod in ols;
Scirocco S3 ESKONF by Rick B, on Flickr

V's HxD;
ESKONF AMK HXD by Rick B, on Flickr

There was a really good hex editor I used to use, sort of half ols half IDA, UK one that was actually pretty cheap, dodgy hard drive put an end to it and can't find it again unfortunately.

Glad I could help though, getting used to the patterns is the main part and easier if you play with colours and that, seems to be the thing noobs struggle with the most.

Gaghunfv2

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »

Would you share the definitions? I have a friend that might be interessted if he still drives the old AQN.

I've posted it here Smiley
It's for a AQN too Wink
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12903.0title=

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: