Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I Bricked it  (Read 8300 times)
4ringpieces

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »

if your certain its not shitty tools or board boot pin trace damaged causing lack of boot mode. Then i'd say the 400/800 chip is dead

Desolder and try read on a programmer it will confirm if chip dead or not, probably is tho.
opticaltrigger

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »

if your certain its not shitty tools or board boot pin trace damaged causing lack of boot mode. Then i'd say the 400/800 chip is dead

Desolder and try read on a programmer it will confirm if chip dead or not, probably is tho.

Thanks for coming back to me again,
I used all the software tools from here so I'm sure that bit's fine but I do have one final cable left to try which is the KKL one I use for Neff.
Only reason that I haven't yet is because I've been reluctant to change the number in that lead as it works so faultlessly with Neff,but hey I'll try it,I guess I'ts worth it.
If it's a no go then I guess it's finished?
If it is done,is that chip available.I would have a go at replacing it.Or are there other reasons it's not that simple?

Many thanks again and all the best
O.T.

"It is dangerous to be right, in matters where established men are wrong." ....

Voltaire
opticaltrigger

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 04:47:40 AM »

Ok,.....a little progress.
Changed the number in my KKL lead but it made no difference,.Still no boot....But,.
I took my replacement ecu rigged it up to the harness and managed to enter boot,and write my original 06A906032DR.bin that I had from the bricked one.I'm reassured now that my wiring and method are correct.

Obviously I'm still Immo'd out of the replacement one.But does this show that it's the 29F800BB chip that's failed on my original ecu,or could it still be something else to?.
I suppose what I'm saying is... If I remove and replace that chip on my original,with a new one.Will that then put that ecu back in the game?

Many thanks again guy's
O.T.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:52:03 AM by opticaltrigger » Logged

"It is dangerous to be right, in matters where established men are wrong." ....

Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: