Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Golf IV GTI 1.8T  (Read 5437 times)
phub

« on: December 21, 2011, 03:08:12 AM »

Hey. Kinda new her, but not stupid Tongue Read alot, downloaded softare from here also just the last days.
Just done some diagnostics on my car lately, and found interest for it, and also interest for getting to learn more about ecu's and flashing and tuning myself! Smiley

Any of you guys know if i can get more than 196hp out of my 1999 Golf IV GTI 1.8T without changing any mechanics, just by some programming ?
pvl

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:47:33 AM »

Realisticly, no.
phub

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 04:54:15 AM »

Ok, thanks Grin

But, if i replace the turbo with a bigger one i can change mappings on the ecu for more hp right?
pvl

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 05:06:25 AM »

Yes, you could.

Already found a good mappack or damos of your SPECIFIC ecu/software-version ? Wink

Done a few like these lately ? Wink

Cheers,

PvL
phub

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:51:54 AM »

Hey, no. Not sure what specific ecu / software version that's used in my car atm.
Since it's already chipped, and the guy who owned the car before me who got it done, so i have no idea what ecu :s
But, i should be able to figure out that by diagnose / nefmoto software right? Smiley
nokiafix

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »

With good fuel, good charge cooling and good exhaust flow 199bhp is the limit of the K03 from the AGU.  Next step would be the k03s with 14psi actuator setup which will take you upto around 235-240bhp the limit of the maf and injectors. 

With the k03 I would not go chasing peak bhp numbers as by 5000rpm the turbo runs out of puff, the best way to tune the AGU with Ko3 and supporting mods is to bring the boost in strong, hard and early with a 21psi peak which should give you around 245lbft around 3200rpm.

I would start by logging blocks the timing correction and blocks 025 to see if there is anymore room to extract power from your current setup.  If your timing correction is seeing anything over -3cf across the band then there is no real room to make power from the timing (mabye on part load but not WOT)  Then the logs of block 025 with show you the engine load v boost control duty cycle, I would imagine with 196bhp (and maf logs to match this power) your N75 boost duty would be running close on 99% flat out over 4500rpm.  The only way which you might gain a little power is to get the fuel bang on 12.4:1 in the peak power (but keep and eye on the timing)

Little trick with the AGU is make sure your getting max throttle plate opening, most days I gain 7-8lbft 4-5bhp on cutomers car just by modding the throttle opening. 
Unmodded I see is between 79-84% opening at wot via vcds, once I have modded the upper stop with a grinder I tend to  be seeing closer to 90%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: