Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Keep Getting Checksum error P0601  (Read 25853 times)
Dave9n3

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 11:04:09 PM »

Silly question perhaps but why don't you fix the eeprom with a hex editor to remove the P0601 code. Bootmode the ecu flash the newly fixed eeprom file the the 95040 and then also flash a new stock file on to the ecu and see if it runs?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »

I'm guessing something in the LC code is screwing up the checksum process. Many have seen this before; it touches RAM that isn't actually unused.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 12:08:25 AM »

I'm guessing something in the LC code is screwing up the checksum process. Many have seen this before; it touches RAM that isn't actually unused.

if i were to delete the po601 dtc will this issue still exist? as in the code will not appear but the symptoms will still appear?

Silly question perhaps but why don't you fix the eeprom with a hex editor to remove the P0601 code. Bootmode the ecu flash the newly fixed eeprom file the the 95040 and then also flash a new stock file on to the ecu and see if it runs?

also i thought the dtc was in the ecu main flash file not the immo bin???
MK2-VRT

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 01:05:04 AM »

Yes in flash, for dtc off post flash here.
Dave9n3

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 01:37:45 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.15

It shows the bits that are changed in the eeprom when you have the P0601 error.

Read your eeprom, correct this and then flash it back in bootmode. There will likely be something up with your file due to the LC/NLS.

That's why I said to just flash it back to stock again and get the car working if you need it.
dilly

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 02:36:01 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.15

It shows the bits that are changed in the eeprom when you have the P0601 error.

Read your eeprom, correct this and then flash it back in bootmode. There will likely be something up with your file due to the LC/NLS.

That's why I said to just flash it back to stock again and get the car working if you need it.

just used the visualme7logger and eeprom tool to fix the death code and fix checksums,immo off blah blah you guys know the rest and removed the p0601 dtc from my bin and the car fired right up and fucking rips now

i will keep this updated because who knows it could come back at any time. please don't mark as solved
thank you all for your imputs and i will get back soon

let me know on here if you wanna check over the tune

just don't email me please pm me thank you
Dave9n3

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 04:50:54 AM »

Removing it from the bin is a bit of a hack really. Ideally you just want the file to be right and not cause you a checksum error lol  Tongue
adam-

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 06:40:03 AM »

Why are you fixing an issue that your tuner should be fixing?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 09:34:32 AM »

if i were to delete the po601 dtc will this issue still exist? as in the code will not appear but the symptoms will still appear?

Yes, it is possible it will eventually return.

Your "tuner" did not write the LC code. He just ran the script, which does random things to the ECU bin.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »

Yes, it is possible it will eventually return.

Your "tuner" did not write the LC code. He just ran the script, which does random things to the ECU bin.

Okay so if I were to send somebody my bin would they be able to remove the script and code in a good lc/nls?
Or is it not possible cause I like having it

And idk if he's a real tuner or not
Do any of you know where the script installs the coding on the file? Cause I can search for the code
dilly

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 08:33:18 PM »

Okay well the problem still exists
Is there anybody that can remove the lc/nls script?
because i really enjoy this tune unless someone has a good like 20psi tune they would like sharing with no checksum errors
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:23:09 PM by dirtnasty » Logged
dilly

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 12:08:53 AM »

since i am not confident enough to try and tune my own files because of the scares  of using cracked winols, i am just looking for some guidance as to what direction i should go in....
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 12:22:12 AM »

guidance: flash to stock. read the stage1 community file thread. Learn ME7. Write your own tune.

Or ask your tuner to remove the LC code.

ECUx Plot

dilly

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 12:51:43 AM »

okay i'll try and contact him before i flash back to stock and start from scratch
Dave9n3

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 02:42:27 AM »

since i am not confident enough to try and tune my own files because of the scares  of using cracked winols, i am just looking for some guidance as to what direction i should go in....

Use tunerpro then. It's free or make a payment for registration which is 39 US dollars. There's plenty of XDF files floating around on here and I'm sure someone will have an original file for your car. Do what Nyet said and make your own tune.

It does seem a bit weird that your tuner hasn't been able to assist since from what you've said this problem is caused by his file.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: