Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 1.8t awm BTS fueling below threshold and load higher than requested  (Read 13599 times)
Cadensdad14

Looking for more experienced answers to a couple questions. 

Its a 1.8t AWM Manual Quattro A4.  2.0t coils, sai delete, cat delete, single mass 240 mm flywheel with s4 clutch, 93 octane.

Modifications have been made to:
LAMFA and LDRXN and the KAT and SAI crosswords and Euro-bytes

I'm having some issues with lambts coming in when EGT model before cat(tabgm) is around 690.  EGT for part protection (Tagbts_w) is reading 840 at the when I get the drop in AFR current(lamsoni_w).  At the same time, optimum ignition angle(zwopt) is at 25.5 but current ignition angle is at about 8.  From reading the Bosch me7.5 Function and Data Sheet I understand that a portion of lambts fueling deals with inefficient ignition angle.  So my understanding would be that by feeding more timing in through KFZW at higher loads thoughout the whole rpm range.  Am I correct?

Second, I noticed that Engine Load(rl) is up around 170%.  Corrected Engine Load(rl_max) and Requested Engine Load(rlsol_w) are around 160.  Can I push rl_max and rlsol_w higher by modifying LDRXN, KFMIRL, and KFMIOP higher to reach that 170%?

When I have an internet connection for my laptop I will upload my original, first tune, and next tune, with a xdf.[/img]
littco

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:08:09 AM »

Make sure the constant for the BTS activation is set high enough so it wont trigger until you want it too.
Cadensdad14

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:21:13 AM »

I understand that I can bump the threshold for activation.  I've read through several threads that have simply raised the threshold and stopped the fueling intervention.  If bts fueling is recognizing an ineffecient timing as elevating the exhaust temperature because there is a factor for poor fuel quality, and a higher quality of fuel is being used that allows more advance, it would allow the addition of timing to reduce the temperature of the bts model and bring it back on line with the EGT model.  Im trying to gain a deeper understanding of what is going on within the system to get it to do what I want it to.  Once ive improved timing I will revisit TAGBTS
SB_GLI

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 10:04:53 AM »

regarding the high calculated load, have you re scaled your MAF or perhaps MAF is reading high?  This will cause calculated load to be artificially high.
Cadensdad14

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 11:19:14 AM »

I will log the maf reading.  The maf is a Bosch replacement with all of 2000 miles on it.  If we think its off I can get it replaed again.  Is that 170 load reachable on the k03s?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 11:48:06 AM »

Post logs please.

Compare ps_w to actual boost to see if your MAF is calibrated correctly.

I doubt the MAF is faulty; you might just have the wrong transfer function.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 12:54:54 PM »

Post logs please.

I doubt the MAF is faulty; you might just have the wrong transfer function.

MAF may not be faulty, but could be the wrong part altogether and read higher than expected.

k03s will flow about 175g/s if you ring it's neck.
Cadensdad14

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »

OK.  Finally have internet.

I am uploading my current xdf which Ive compiled using the work of several others on here.  A lot of what I have in the new tune goes to sb_gli, thelastleroy, and nyet on the 1.8t AK community project.

Ive made revisions for the 2.0 coils, LDRXN, LAMFA table and axes, KFZW, MSLUB, and ESKONF.  I havnt checksumed any of this.  If you all feel I could put this in and not wreck something I will checksum it and load it in tonight.  I have several other maps defined but it was getting to complicated organizing them all in TunerPro.
Cadensdad14

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 02:12:01 PM »

and the definition file
Cadensdad14

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »

Sorry for the extra posts, my log was too big and i had to remove a portion of it to get it below the attachment size.
SB_GLI

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 03:48:05 PM »

You modified it not good.  Don't use excel or open office to modify the file, it fucks up the format and things can't parse it.  Just modify the original with notepad.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 03:53:14 PM »

Sigh. Excel is a fucking cancer.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Cadensdad14

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 10:16:02 AM »

Attempt 2 through notepad
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »

No ps_w in the log.

That said, lambda control looks stable, so the MAF readings might be right, unless KRKTE is wrong and compensating for it. Seems unlikely.

You could just use BTS to drive fueling the way you want it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:24:31 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Cadensdad14

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 12:21:02 PM »

Could you take a look at KZFW and tell me if I have the right idea or if im overdoing it?  I feel really good about the other changes.

Ive set up my logger to get ps_w next time.  Anything else I should log?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: