Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trouble with 1999 golf MK4 AUM 29F800  (Read 2713 times)
tully78

« on: August 25, 2017, 11:33:12 PM »

Yesterday I used kess V2 to id and read file from my me7.5 modified the file. Now going to write it and the kess rejected it at 2-3% with change of speed not possible. I removed both dash fuses 11 & 15 tried again but same thing. Tried all speeds and ohms but nothing different still 2-3% max and same error.
So I found an old mpps v13 uploaded all software etc and done read and id no problem. I tried to write again but had a repeated error where it kept asking me to turn ignition on and off then would try again. This went on for a fair few times till I gave up.
Now I'm under the impression that I'm being locked out from writing the ECU. Is it pin 24 to bootmode it? Then try again with mpps??? I can't think of anything else it could be and never had a problem with these before. Weird.
aef

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 12:36:27 AM »

So I found an old mpps v13 uploaded all software etc

Does mean you installed mpps to your pc OR you wrote the ecu one time successful?

Now I'm under the impression that I'm being locked out from writing the ECU.

You can try to access it with vcds. or you can try to start the car. or you will recognise that throttle does not blip on ignition on (like on a working ecu)

You can try to disconnect batterie for some time or just open it up and boot.
Location of boot pin is available in here or google does know it.

Maybe the reason you could not write it is a scrambler board where your 29F800 is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: