Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immobilizer problem (ECM-710B) after cloning Volvo ME7 ECU - solved!  (Read 11119 times)
adamk0

Hello,

I'm heaving immobilizer problem after cloning my original ECU. Here is what I did:
1. I started from cloning the original ECU software using Galletto. I have read the original 1024b file successfully.
2. Then I used ME7gui (1.06) to read the original EEPROM. Everything went fine the original EEPROM has been saved to a bin file.
3. I plugged in the new ECU to be cloned, and wrote ti it the file read in step 1. Everything went fine with no errors. Then, I read in the file form the cloned ECU and the soft version and the checksum were the same as in the original ECU.
4. I wrote to the cloned ECU the EEPROM bin file read in step 2, using ME7gui. Everything went fine, no errors reported.
5. I installed the cloned ECU in the car
6. The immobilizer error info popped up on the dashboard and the car didn't start
7. I plugged in VIDA, which reported error ECM-710B Immobilizer communication - Signal missing.

What did I do wrong? Any additional steps?
Would a factory software reload from VIDA help in this case?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Adam
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:49:34 PM by adamk0 » Logged
adamk0

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 12:25:20 AM »

Okay, I know what is wrong, just don't know howto fix it ...
I looked closely at the EEPROM bin files read from the original ECU, and sure enough it is garbage (all FF's), which means id didn't read correctly. So clearly my configuration (chip 95040 and pin 4.7) was wrong. After many tries seems that pin should 8.2, but I'm not sure which chip and if it is even readable as it is MY2006 with Infineon chips.

If anyone could verify the setup for later Volvo ME7 it would be great.

Thanks,
Adam
jolidj

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 03:47:13 AM »

the best way is to read all on bench . flash ok bye galletto , but eeprom i sugest to desolder  and use programmer, read your eerpom and write eerpom on new ecu.
i never use gui , i dont now if read same of desolder eeprom. but wen i clon, all eeprom, i read and write desoldering.
adamk0

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »

Thanks for the info. Do you know what type of EEPROM chip is in the ME7 ECU? For a reference, I attached a picture of the Volvo ME7main board.

What programmer would you recommend to do the job of reading and and programing the chip desoldered from the main board?
I guess, desoldered or not, still one has to know how to set up the chip type, pin, connection speed etc to read it and write it properly. Am I right?

Thanks,

Adam
jolidj

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »

if im not wrong is 95080 ore 5p08c3 . you need to read esactly same nr..
but if you have bouth ecu you dessolder flash and eeprom and swap to other . dont need to read ore write .
adamk0

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 06:15:51 PM »

Thanks jolidj! Your comment helped me a lot and I managed to fix the problem.

I looked closely at the main board and indeed it has a 95080 chip. I started form there, testing reading eprom with different pin setups, and verified that spin P8.2 is the right one and allows the me7 programmer to read the eprom content successfully.
You can see my setup in the attachment, but if you operate from a command line here is the command I used:
ME7EEPROM --bootmode 95080 --CSpin P8.2 -p 2 -b 19200 -r "C:\ME7GUI\Volvo_v70R.bin"

I used the same settings to perform the write.
ME7 reported write checksum error, but I ignored it, and just read the freshly written file from the cloned ECU.
I compared the original file and the one read from the cloned ECU using HxD and they were identical (see attachment)!

I plugged the cloned ECU and everything is working fine! Thus, it has been verified that the ME7EEPROM can successfully read and write eprom from ME 7.0.1 Volvo ECU MY 2006 with Infineon chipsets!

Big thanks for ArgDub for creating the ME7 programmer and all other forum members for their posts that helped me with cloning Volvo ECU. I really appreciate your help!
forumoto

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 11:14:26 PM »

Hello Buddy, I need help with your info, I have this same ecu for Volvo XC90 with same eeprom as yours, now someone tried to perform bench programming after battery dead issue and now corrupted the eeprom data for the ecu,

I did not know so I tried to perform online reload, to the ecm it went successfully but yet car won’t start with fault code of ecm-710b, I open the ecu and notice that the ecm chip has being altered and the cem too but when I look into the cem data for keys and ids all is good but the ecm keep reporting, So I think getting eeprom data change and a reload again might solve the issue,

Please which tool did you used to read the ecm, I have Piasini what did you used and can you help me with the software you used for the job, from the guy who share it

Thanks to the sharer
adamk0

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »

Hello Buddy, I need help with your info, I have this same ecu for Volvo XC90 with same eeprom as yours, now someone tried to perform bench programming after battery dead issue and now corrupted the eeprom data for the ecu,

I did not know so I tried to perform online reload, to the ecm it went successfully but yet car won’t start with fault code of ecm-710b, I open the ecu and notice that the ecm chip has being altered and the cem too but when I look into the cem data for keys and ids all is good but the ecm keep reporting, So I think getting eeprom data change and a reload again might solve the issue,

Please which tool did you used to read the ecm, I have Piasini what did you used and can you help me with the software you used for the job, from the guy who share it

Thanks to the sharer
I used a simple KKL VAG-COM cable (with a serial to USB adapter), and a breakout tricore cable from MPPS, but you can use whatever wires you have just to get the power and K-line from the KKL VAG-COM cable to your ECU.
That being said, I wonder how you plan to fix your eeprom. Do you have a copy of your eeprom content done before bench programming, which you could use now to re-program it?
IamwhoIam

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 04:20:29 AM »

why would one EVER want to place an ECU board onto a piece of tin foil, that's beyond me!

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
adamk0

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 09:10:43 AM »

why would one EVER want to place an ECU board onto a piece of tin foil, that's beyond me!
That is beyond me too, I used an antistatic bag.
forumoto

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 03:03:54 AM »

but how can one be able to read the entire flash file from this ecu. not only limited to the eeprom, which tool exactly would do this
adamk0

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 03:36:28 PM »

I'm not sure I understand your question. It is a 2-step process:
1. Read the original ECU using Galleto or equivalent, and then write the binary to the clone 
2. Read the EEPROM using me7gui, and write to the clone

I don't think you can do that in one step.

Adam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: