Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: B6 A4 1.8t F21 FT - See logs  (Read 18456 times)
lphsail21

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »

I've successfully made all the changes I need in terms of load, boost, timing, throttle, fueling, etc...

Fuel trims are great, no CF and adaptation is minimal, and actual is following requested on almost everything except boost, which is 200mbar higher than requested at any given time. Since it's less than 300mbar over rrequested there are no codes being thrown.

Now my final and last issue that needs to be resolved: I need to fix the boost spikes on 75%+ throttle to avoid damage/knock. I believe the best way to fix this would be to limit the WGDC to 65% maximum at all times, since these spikes happen as a result of 95%+ wastegate duty cycles.

Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find KFLDRL? I've been looking forever and cross-referencing other XDFs to try and locate it. I've learned a lot since starting off a total noob and I've located several maps, but not the N75 DC map which I desperately need. Original BIN is in this thread.

EDIT - Do I need KFLDRL or KFLDIMX for WGDC max?

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 04:50:34 PM by lphsail21 » Logged
KasperH

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 01:37:51 AM »

KFLDIMX is integrator maximum WGDC of the PID control.
KFLDRL is the linearization map and takes the result of the PID module and outputs the actual WGDC command
Hope that helps you Smiley
lphsail21

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 02:14:53 AM »

KFLDIMX is integrator maximum WGDC of the PID control.
KFLDRL is the linearization map and takes the result of the PID module and outputs the actual WGDC command
Hope that helps you Smiley

Thank you. Could you or anyone please locate this map in my file, or at least give me the dimensions of the map or an address of a similar ECU so I can find it? I have not been able to find any XDF with this KFLDRL map defined and its driving me crazy. It's the last piece to the puzzle to get my tune finished.

EDIT- I found KFLDRL on another fully defined ECU. Address is 0x1EDA0, 3 decimal places, LSB first, 16x10. Will my BIN have the same rows and columns as this one?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 02:19:53 AM by lphsail21 » Logged
KasperH

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:29 PM »

If it's from the same type of ECU then the map should be similar, just located elsewhere Smiley
_nameless

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 06:03:35 PM »

Thank you. Could you or anyone please locate this map in my file, or at least give me the dimensions of the map or an address of a similar ECU so I can find it? I have not been able to find any XDF with this KFLDRL map defined and its driving me crazy. It's the last piece to the puzzle to get my tune finished.

EDIT- I found KFLDRL on another fully defined ECU. Address is 0x1EDA0, 3 decimal places, LSB first, 16x10. Will my BIN have the same rows and columns as this one?
imx is 28CFE  8X16

DRL IS 28E50 16X10

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
SB_GLI

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »

You may want to look at the LDRPID Tool to calibrate the PID.   Take the guess work out of the process.  I did this for my F21 and the results are awesome.  I thought my PID was fine before, but I was blind to the fact that it could be much better... thus the tool.
lphsail21

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2017, 05:12:32 AM »

OMG, I just gave up waiting for an answer after checking the thread this morning, so I installed WinOLS, found a common variable in all N75 maps for 1.8t, which is "36B0 3E80 4A38" in hexadecimal. And BANG, found the map myself after a few hours of learning. I will be adding all the stuff I find as maplocator XMLs for everyone to use.

Anyways, thanks so much Marty for trying to save me the time and headache, but now I can finally do it myself and it feels gooood ;-)

Also thanks SB_GLI, I read a lot of your posts over and over, and I actually used your definition file and original BIN to practice locating maps for the first time. Thanks so much for the advice regarding tuning the PID. I had no idea there was a tool for this. I can't say I 100% understand the whole PID system yet, but since my German is better than my English it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Please stick around so I can bombard you with lots more questions ;-)

You guys all rock; I look forward to creating a noobs guide to tuning your own BT 1.8t project when I'm all done.

EDIT:
So I figured the Y axis for KFLDRL is RPM, which I got from 0x1EF7E (/4), which may be the wrong place but my ECU references RPM from there a lot. But what is the X axis? It's not super important for tuning, but I am just wondering for future reference. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:38:56 AM by lphsail21 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: